Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Very interesting. I might jump on some of the other ones, since I'm mostly throwing expendable money at it anyways. At the very least, it seems like a fun little hobby to be looking around all the coins and seeing how they're doing. Where do you tend to look as information sources about what's new and what's looking promising? When I went in on ETH, I was looking around the subreddits of various coins, but I'm not sure I liked doing that as each subreddit was filled mostly with biased opinions, for the obvious reason of them all having invested in it.

Personally, I look at subreddits because sentiment does matter (and other traders are reading them), but it's only a glimpse, and I wouldn't read too much into any one comment. But the good thing about subreddits, generally, is that they aggregate news in a space where it can be hard to come by. Beyond that, websites, roadmaps, and white papers are good to get information straight from the developer(s). Market caps and circulation give you an idea as to the "maximum" potential of a coin, though with the sheer growth of the crypto market this year alone (IIRC $25B to $160B in nine months), that can be hard to nail down. And sometimes, just straight Googling to see if there's any news stories being written about lately, though you've got to be careful about trusting the source, especially when it comes to mainstream publications who may not know much more than surface level detail about cryptos in general. Blockfolio is great for keeping track of your finances and has a news tab, but I haven't used it much.

I just try to consume as much news as I can.

I've started to keep an eye on it. Also looking at Shift. But MCO screwed me so I'm hesitant to move to anything else. Still holding on to OMG, NEO and BNB with a little WTC.

Interesting observation, ETH and OMG move along together. No huge pumps or anything. Just steady growth. I think that bolds really well especially with both projected to have big news coming in September (Metropolis, possible EEA4, OMG+Apple rumours).

Well with Vitalik having a hand in both, there's a lot of crossover between holders. I browse the ethtrader daily thread a lot, and they seem to **** on a lot of altcoins (especially NEO, and while simultaneously whining about bitcoin maximalists), but OMG is an exception. There's a lot of praise for it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Well with Vitalik having a hand in both, there's a lot of crossover between holders. I browse the ethtrader daily thread a lot, and they seem to **** on a lot of altcoins (especially NEO, and while simultaneously whining about bitcoin maximalists), but OMG is an exception. There's a lot of praise for it.

Yea I like ETH a lot but there are a bunch of hypocrites in there considering they ***** about Bitcoin lovers having the same attitude towards ETH.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/binance-price-analysis-random-observations-thoughts-changpeng-zhao

Great post by BNB CEO. Makes me really confident in the coin. I know you got in near current price but the fact that it's so stable, and their goal is to be stable, bolds really well. Basically we shouldn't see heavy fluctuation but rather steady growth.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yup, all of that looks pretty promising. I've never participated in an ICO, but I'm glad I have the ease of that opportunity with BNB, even if the price doesn't skyrocket.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
NAV peaked at $1.08 today (like an hour ago) and is climbing back up from a bit of a retrace at 95 cents.

I was early on NEO, but it feels good to possibly get in on the ground floor despite there being a lot of progress already made. I liquidated my ETH again because I really feel that NAV has much more potential in the short term (and I didn't want to touch my LSK, ARK, OMG, BNB, etc). Hopefully I don't regret it.

Also, I looked into staking (similar to NEO's GAS, but more geared toward sheer dividends), and it seems very simple with their NavPi. Too bad I still don't own a desktop.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
NAV peaked at $1.08 today (like an hour ago) and is climbing back up from a bit of a retrace at 95 cents.

I was early on NEO, but it feels good to possibly get in on the ground floor despite there being a lot of progress already made. I liquidated my ETH again because I really feel that NAV has much more potential in the short term (and I didn't want to touch my LSK, ARK, OMG, BNB, etc). Hopefully I don't regret it.

Do you see this as a long term hold?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Do you see this as a long term hold?

To not quite answer your question, the entire crypto market has gone from $25B to $160B in nine months. I think a lot of coins that are doing new things (such as NAV with their focus on anonymity) should be viewed as long-term holds with occasional profit taking because so many companies keep on pouring money into the market as a whole. I do think NAV still has 10x potential, if not more. Positives that I'm gonna copy/paste from Reddit

-Low market cap
-Solid development team - Their GitHub is very active
-Matured Pre-existing product
-Less focus on marketing
-Yet to be covered by popular web crypto media.
-They pay dividends for staking. Reminds me of NEO GAS.
-Innovative approach to solving the problem - They approach anonymity differently compared to the existing solutions (subchain)
-Beyond the expected use case - Just like NEO went beyond smart contracts into a smart economy and smart assets, they are taking anonymity beyond currency into Anonymous Dapps and Polymorphism.
-Rapid community growth : This reddit has doubled over the last 2 days. This has been one of the corner stones of the NEO community.

That's a lot of comparisons to NEO, but I feel good about them.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Sorry to keep bumping this, but we're at $1.24 with an overnight high of $1.58 on NAV. I haven't checked anything but the price since I woke up so I'm unsure about what to forecast beyond this, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's still a bit of up left to go. Haven't even hit a $100M market cap yet.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Sent some OMG from Cryptopia to Bittrex. Cryptopia allege that the transaction is complete, but I've not received the tokens, I've double checked that the address is correct, and there's no record of the transaction ID on the Ethereum blockchain. So it appears that they were never sent.

But at present they're refusing to take responsibility and seem to be implying that it isn't their problem.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ If you've double checked the address and the wallet it's going to is proper and it still didn't go through, that sounds pretty shady. I'd keep hounding them, asking them to explain where the proof of the transaction is.

Ugh, I hate this ****.

GhhAzJT.png

Let me single handily artificially hold down the price with a ~$100k sell order so that nobody can make money while I add a little more to my evergrowing pile. People are so ****ing greedy.

EDIT: The dam has burst and the buys are flooding in. Approaching an ATH.

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
^ If you've double checked the address and the wallet it's going to is proper and it still didn't go through, that sounds pretty shady. I'd keep hounding them, asking them to explain where the proof of the transaction is.

Ugh, I hate this ****.

GhhAzJT.png

Let me single handily artificially hold down the price with a ~$100k sell order so that nobody can make money while I add a little more to my evergrowing pile. People are so ****ing greedy.

EDIT: The dam has burst and the buys are flooding in. Approaching an ATH.

I'm hoping there is a weekend dip then I'll buy some.

You should look int Waltoncoin(WTC). Currently 20 million circulating supply and they own RFID patents.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm hoping there is a weekend dip then I'll buy some.

You should look int Waltoncoin(WTC). Currently 20 million circulating supply and they own RFID patents.

This post looks intriguing. Problem is the price is spiking and I'm not sure what I want to shave off to get in on this. BNB is really my only thing on Binance at the moment and I don't know if I want to cut into that.

EDIT: Sold 1/3 of BNB for a loss and bought the ATH for WTC (though I like the words "former Samsung VP", and not the guy that was just convicted). AMA

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
This post looks intriguing. Problem is the price is spiking and I'm not sure what I want to shave off to get in on this. BNB is really my only thing on Binance at the moment and I don't know if I want to cut into that.

I believe the ATH was around $1.

When it was released on Binance it went from $0.3 to $1 then dropped to as low as $.04 I believe. I believe the support is around $.06 and this current pump is because more people are finding out about Waltonchain.

Looking at the road map this looks to be a long term hold.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, I just wish I knew more about it when you mentioned it the first time a few days ago. I couldn't really find any info on it, so I passed. Oh well, I'm in it to win it so I don't mind letting it sit for awhile. It's easy to hold on Binance because I don't even log in to that every day.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah, I just wish I knew more about it when you mentioned it the first time a few days ago. I couldn't really find any info on it, so I passed. Oh well, I'm in it to win it so I don't mind letting it sit for awhile. It's easy to hold on Binance because I don't even log in to that every day.

It's tough to find info on these Chinese coins but it's good you're not jumping in without doing your research first.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Uh, guys. I'm just going to say to be very very careful with WTC. It screams pump and dump to me. The OP of that Walton thread on reddit is a MASSIVE WTC shill on the binance slack. He even admitted that he was the one who made the WTC join slack and twitter.

Look at username of that reddit post and then look at the username in my screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/fJQDehK.png
http://i.imgur.com/EKvs8e8.png

Be very careful.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Pump and dumps are for coins with no intention of ever competing in the real space. If Jin Xiji is indeed an advisor as mentioned in the WTC whitepaper, that's legit. This kaefergeneral dude just seems like he's shilling (partially for his own gain, but meh), which isn't that big of a deal to me. I basically shilled for NAV here and it's now $1.91 (EDIT: $2). Sometimes when you see a good thing, you just wanna share.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I've never heard of Jin Xiji before and I can't find any info on him anywhere. I guess I'm out of the loop on that one.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It isn't just the former VP of Samsung. Look at who the angel investors are:

Angel Investors for WaltonChain include: 5 Chinese Govt Chairmans of Chamber of Commerce. Waltonchain Founded by Director of $7billion company Septwolves. Former Microsoft Director on team.

void

Jan 5, 2006
It isn't just the former VP of Samsung. Look at who the angel investors are:

Angel Investors for WaltonChain include: 5 Chinese Govt Chairmans of Chamber of Commerce. Waltonchain Founded by Director of $7billion company Septwolves. Former Microsoft Director on team.

"Founded by Director of $7billion company Septwolves"

He's not the director of Septwolves. He's A director of supply chain management at Septwolves. Huge difference.

Also, if you try finding any information on the people listed on the whitepaper you won't find a damn thing.

Everything about this coin is so sketch to me. Enjoy the pump wave but be careful.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Watching NEO crash in real time has been horrifying and incredible. The devastation. Just saw it hit $16.

Luckily I'm not too heavy into it, only 2% of my crypto portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad