Crosby on TV tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
the Olympiques/MAINiac/Sags/Rimouski game are very entertaning to watch.
Iv seen like 5 games of Rimouski this year, always fast, good hockey games.
...and i'm a Cataractes fan :)

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Crosby is the only guy who hasn't yet fallen down and flopped around on the ice like a dying fish

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Bah the play of the period is nothin, Ribeiro does this move at least 3 time a GAME!
:) ;)

Vic Rattlehead*

Blackshad said:
Man that Krejci is amasing
What happened?

What did Krejci do that was so amazing? I really want to know! :joker: I missed the second period.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
he's good with the puck, bad away from the puck

These announcers are kissing Crosby's butt like mad

"And shorthanded goal scored by Rimouski. All the credit in the world to Crosby, who wasn't even on the ice at the time."

Vic Rattlehead*

kmad said:
he's good with the puck, bad away from the puck

These announcers are kissing Crosby's butt like mad

"And shorthanded goal scored by Rimouski. All the credit in the world to Crosby, who wasn't even on the ice at the time."
That's why I turned it off. Couldn't stand it.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Guys...mute the TV and watch the game. If you notice any player even close to #87 blue...get back to me. The announcers are kissing butt where butt-kissing is due.

Crosby has been magnificent tonight...the single most dominant player I have seen in years.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In the postgame comments, there was mention that the wonder kid and the rest of the 2005 crop may be declared free-agents without a CBA. You guys know anything about this? :dunno:

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
salostyle said:
Guys...mute the TV and watch the game. If you notice any player even close to #87 blue...get back to me. The announcers are kissing butt where butt-kissing is due.

Crosby has been magnificent tonight...the single most dominant player I have seen in years.

I agree - but it is a shame to have to turn off the sound to appreciate the game and even the post game comments. If I hear one more comparison to Gretzky I am going to puke - the style of play Crosby is excelling at is not even remotely similar to Gretzky, the game has changed over the years, etc etc etc. Why Sportsnet and the other commentators feel it is necessary to go over the top is beyond me.

And my one disagreement with you is that Crosby is not due any butt-kissing - and doesn't strike me as the type of guy who wants it anyway (although Kyprios did note that the kid loves the attention).

Great answers in the interview, however. And interesting that he is about to get a "seven figure" endorsement contract from Reebock. One way or the other, we are going to hear a lot more about Mr. Crosby over the next few years. Hope he doesn't fizzle out.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Well, by the looks of it, this guy is the real deal. He seems to be a player that makes others around him better. One team is going to be real happy next draft.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
espion said:
In the postgame comments, there was mention that the wonder kid and the rest of the 2005 crop may be declared free-agents without a CBA. You guys know anything about this? :dunno:

I am not sure that anyone really knows what happens if there is no CBA next June, but the theory is that the only basis for the draft is under the CBA, so if there is not one in place, then the players (and teams) are presumably free to deal independently - I think it was Kyprios who said the players like Crosby will be "unrestricted free agents". I would not bet on this being right - any bets that the owners will simply hold off any further contracts/signing/draft until a new CBA is in place - and will include the 2005 draft in the negotiations if and when they ever get going again.

On the other hand - could the kid be one of the first "replacement players" signed for 2005/6 if the lockout lasts until next fall? The rumours I have heard is that the owners are already planning to start next season with replacements, but can't talk about it because of US labour and anti-trade laws.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
espion said:

no one knows what will happen with the draft. the rules of the draft after dictated by the cba so you can't have a draft without some kind of agreement, but there are lots of options. but since the situation has never been faced most talk is speculation...

but there is also nothing that says the draft must be in june...they could simply delay the draft until the lockout ends and have the guys drafted a few months late...and the majority of the 2005 picks would still be draft eligibile in 2006 so they would have a full year to run the draft (not to mention that they could change the draft eligibility under the new cba)...

making guys free agents is a potential option but i think it is the least likely option...the league isn't going to shutdown for a year plus to get a salary cap to protect the small market teams and then turn around and let a team like the rangers get the top 6 ranked players in a draft thru free agency

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
I thought Crosby showed enough tonight to warrent the hype. Ive read from Foppa_rules that he is not as complete as AO because of his defensive deficiancies he backchecked and even blocked a shot to make-up for a lost draw. Sure he will never be the physical player that AO is but his smarts will make up for his lack of physical stature. He sees the play develop much like Gretz did. Will he be as good as the greatest player to ever play ? NO but nobody ever will. I see AO as being a slightly better version of Messier. Crosby is much more like a poor mans Gretzky. Both players should have great careers. Crosby could end up with more points but AO will be a great player. AO could end up being Crosbys linemate. That would be one wicked twosome. Crosby will be a much more physical player than Gretz but most all players were. Who ever lands him better go out and get him some protection if they dont have someone already. Player that make others look foolish by their superior skills become targets real fast.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
gb701 said:
I agree - but it is a shame to have to turn off the sound to appreciate the game and even the post game comments. If I hear one more comparison to Gretzky I am going to puke - the style of play Crosby is excelling at is not even remotely similar to Gretzky, the game has changed over the years, etc etc etc. Why Sportsnet and the other commentators feel it is necessary to go over the top is beyond me.

And my one disagreement with you is that Crosby is not due any butt-kissing - and doesn't strike me as the type of guy who wants it anyway (although Kyprios did note that the kid loves the attention).

Great answers in the interview, however. And interesting that he is about to get a "seven figure" endorsement contract from Reebock. One way or the other, we are going to hear a lot more about Mr. Crosby over the next few years. Hope he doesn't fizzle out.
I just think the way he sees the ice he is simular to Gretz. He did look prety good behind the net on that first assist though. He will be more of a physical presence than Gretz. I hope he becomes the next Canadan superstar no matter where he ends up playing.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
espion said:

That would be awesome. Probably the only chance Vancouver has at getting a guy like Brule.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
That would suck cuz then the panthers wouldn't get them. They'd go to like the Rangers and the Wings and Leafs.

Man, as much as I think the panthers will be good if a season starts and they sign free agents like Demitra and or Kovalev or such, I almost want them to suck in order to get Brule or Crosby.

Could you imagine a combo of guys like Nathan Horton, Rostislav Olesz (and his alleged limited offensive upside :shakehead ), Weiss, Stewart, Globke, Kreps, Taticek, Roussin and Nedorost? Talk about the most intellegent group of players ever.

But what makes me shudder is the though of WAS, CAR, or ATL getting him. That would suck for pantherfans.

Think:

Heatley-Crosby-Kovalchuk= best line of all time PERIOD.
Ovechkin-Crosby-Semin= probably would be as good as above
Ladd-Crosby-Staal or switch Crosby and Staal.

I think the ATL and WAS possibilities are the sickest.
The panthers could have:
Olesz-Crosby-Horton
or
Jokinen-Crosby-Horton
or
Stewart-Crosby-Horton.

All sick.

Crosby, from what I hear, could turn Eric Boulton into a scorer so imagine what he could do with linemates like Heatley and Kovo. :amazed:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Can anyone tell me how well Sid played in the 2nd and 3rd periods and also how
much icetime he had?No points in those periods and he only had 2 shots on nets
the entire game(not much for him).I've seen in the past when the nics have
been in the lead he would try and set up teammates the rest of the game.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
He played a good 2nd and 3rd period with alot of great play on the offencive and on defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce