Crosby on TV tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
This was the first time I had seen Crosby this year so far (after seing him a handful of times last year).

He's definitely improved IMO, and that's more then a slightly scary thought. His strength seems to have definitely improved, and it was already good. He manages to stay on his feet nearly all the time, despite everyone targeting him. He's also very elusive, like most great offensive wizards. Somehow, the defense just looses him. He's so far ahead of the game at this level, its unbelievable. In the NHL, he had 2 more assists in the first period, one on the cross ice, one timer pass to Pouliot on the PP. Another with a pass infront, where Hrdek missed an easy tap in. The thing that's so unbelievable with Crosby is not only his on ice vision (because lots of players have great vision), it's the fact that he uses that vision at top speeds and he's always one step ahead of everyone else on the ice. The one pass in particular, where he kept the puck in at the point, and had less then a second to make the needle pass to the crease (forget who scored then), but that truly tells you that he's going to have no trouble adjusting to the next level and the speed of the game.

His play away from the puck has definitely improved though. He's more involved physically, and he's become more involved defensively, definitely something you like to see.

Basically I was impressed at how Crosby had actually improved, which again is very scary.

Guillaume Labrecque also caught my eye. He's a good little player and I actually think he should get an NHL contract. He's just solid, moves the puck well, has good hands. Seems to me like he could make a good NHL player, can't believe no one has taken a chance on him yet.

Dany Roussin is someone who still hasn't really impressed me. Didn't really last year, still hasn't. He's a good junior player, but I just don't see his skills transferring to the professional level very well. He just kind of lumbers around, doesn't get to involved offensively, except for waiting for passes around the ice. He's definitely got good hands, but I just don't see him being able to create scoring chances for himself at the next level. Best case scenario, a Pierre Dagenais type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad