Confirmed with Link: Crosby, Malkin and Fleury selected to the 2015 NHL All-Star Game

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Man, I'm sure he is happy, but the rest would have probably been pretty good for him. Still, it's well deserved.

penguins2946*

Watch him get lit up in the all star game and it completely destroy his confidence :laugh:

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Watch him get lit up in the all star game and it completely destroy his confidence :laugh:

Hah, I never thought of that.

Also I think it's a travesty that the three most entertaining defensemen in the league aren't going. Pernell Karl, Erik and Kris would be my first three picks for the All-Star game, D wise. Without hesitation.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
happy that fleury is probably happy... but, honestly, i would have preferred him getting the rest. take lundqvist! he is well dressed and handsome!

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Nick Foligno being captain on an All-Stars team is a joke.

I get that the game is in Columbus but Blue Jackets already getting three players participating the game is more than enough for the local fans there. Bobrovsky shouldn't even be there based on performance this season. There were better options in place for either Foligno or Johansen as well. So the hosts of the event were already given more than enough recognisition player personnel wise. They should have given that other captaincy to a player actually worthy of being All-Star team captain. How about recognising the best player in the game playing just his second All-Stars game? Or one of the MVP candidates thus far (Malkin, Getzlaf, Rinne...). Or even the best player from the reigning Cup champions (Doughty). But Nick Foligno? Please. What a joke.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
By the way isn't it funny that the Blue Jackets can't pick a captain for their team but one of their players is picked to captain the All-Stars Team? :laugh:

LucSZ

Aug 10, 2014
Certainly well-deserved for Fleury, and if this boosts his confidence a bit I wouldn't mind... but I'd much rather he take a rest instead. This also applies to Sid & Geno tbh.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
^ Eh, I don't believe rest will be that big of an issue, especially with the events being held in Columbus. I am happy Fleury got selected, it will probably boost his confidence a little more.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
^ Eh, I don't believe rest will be that big of an issue, especially with the events being held in Columbus. I am happy Fleury got selected, it will probably boost his confidence a little more.
Yeah I mean Fleury will likely be participating in 1 event most likely the shootout competition and 1 period of the game at most. That doesn't sound too exhausting combined with the short trip to Columbus.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh

He'll need it after these next three games vs the Isles, Rags, and Flyers.

Personally i wanted him to have extra time off to see his therapist after those games.. not travel to friggin Columbus and get scored on a bunch more.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Foligno is one of about twelve players in the league that are PPG right now. He should be there.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
He'll need it after these next three games vs the Isles, Rags, and Flyers.

Personally i wanted him to have extra time off to see his therapist after those games.. not travel to friggin Columbus and get scored on a bunch more.

I highly doubt he visits his therapist mid season, I am sure it's not like a weekly ordeal for an athlete. That is, if he even visits anymore...

It's an all-star game, everybody gets scored on, it is not going to hurt his confidence or wear him out.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I disagree with folks saying Fleury should rest. It's not as demanding as a real game and he won't even play a full game anyway.

The guy is all about having fun so i'm happy for him. His eyes will grow manga style, he'll be a kid again which in itself is rest.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Really a nothing trip to Columbus(not far. they'll get lots of rest still) for the guys. Good for MAF, he'll have fun and he deserves it.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
happy that fleury is probably happy... but, honestly, i would have preferred him getting the rest. take lundqvist! he is well dressed and handsome!

And with how fragile the players are... *knocks on wood*

Oh well, Fleury totally deserves it, though. Glad that he's happy.

Love how salty the Pens are. lol

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
They should change the All-Star game format. Players should make the All-Star team based off of their previous seasons performance. Judging someone through 40 games is stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad