Crosby is on pace to play all 82 regular season games for the first time in his career

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
It seems like this could be the season when Crosby finally plays all 82 regular season games as he's played in all 74 games so far and only has 8 games left to hit 82. Kind of strange that this seems to be the worst of Crosby's seasons despite him being healthy for the whole season and having huge help from both Kessel and Malkin.

Has Crosby actually benefited from missing games on a regular basis during his career, as he's been able to score at a higher pace since he's been getting some extra rest compared to other star players? I'm having a hard time finding any other reasons why Crosby has struggled, especially since scoring is up this season. But it will still be nice to see Crosby play a full season, as we for once don't need to put "Crosby" and "on pace" in the same sentence when we discuss the 2017-18 season.

Reactions: SenzZen

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Crosby is struggling because his linemates Guentzel and Sheary have been complete garbage. When Sheary is rotated to the bottom 6, up comes Rust who Crosby has no chemistry with. Earlier in the year he was stuck with a rotating cast of AHLers in Simon, Sprong and Aston Reese

Reactions: Flamesss

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Crosby is struggling because his linemates Guentzel and Sheary have been complete garbage. When Sheary is rotated to the bottom 6, up comes Rust who Crosby has no chemistry with. Earlier in the year he was stuck with a rotating cast of AHLers in Simon, Sprong and Aston Reese
Crosby plays better with grinders. Malkin Crosby and kessel are all playing with lesser people when they aren't on the pp.

They can all carry their own lines tho so it doesn't really matter

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Crosby plays better with grinders. Malkin Crosby and kessel are all playing with lesser people when they aren't on the pp

Kessel and Malkin were playing on the same line early on. Now Kessel is playing with Brassard and Malkin with Crosby's winger Hornqvist.

Saying Crosby plays better with grinders is ridiculous, when his best chemistry was with Hossa.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Kessel and Malkin were playing on the same line early on. Now Kessel is playing with Brassard and Malkin with Crosby's winger Hornqvist.
And hags who they wanted to trade for half the year . But yeah malkin tends go get the better wingers cuz Crosby seems to work better with grinders

Probably the best grinder of all time but malkin runs the power play for a reason

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Crosby has been paired with some pretty terrible line mates. Not to mention, guys like Sheary and Guentzel are having worse years than last year. He is still on pace for around 90 points.

Malkin and Kessel were playing on a line together for a while too. Also, Crosby leads the NHL in assists in 2018 and 5th in points. The rough start hurt him.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Hopefully he is rested up for another playoff run, for Pens fan sake
Hmmm that is the question he normally only plays like sixty reg season games but its not like its slowing him down

He seems to just be getting hotter the more he plays but who knows. Hes gonna go for the trophies this year tho.

I think the top 100 made him a little mad

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Looking at his seasons, there's a couple 80/81 games there. One or two may be what nearly every playoff team does and rests players on final game

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Crosby has missed game #82 because of a healthy scratch in a meaningless game before, FWIW. If the Pens are locked into a spot in the final couple days of the season I expect the same to play out again.

Saying Crosby plays better with grinders is ridiculous, when his best chemistry was with Hossa.

They were on the same line for about 3 blinks of an eye.

Sid doesn't play better with generic grinders, though. Guentzel leads the team in hits, but I'd call Sid a grinder before I'd call Guentzel one.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Crosby has missed game #82 because of a healthy scratch in a meaningless game before, FWIW. If the Pens are locked into a spot in the final couple days of the season I expect the same to play out again.

They were on the same line for about 3 blinks of an eye.
Crosby loves grinders idk how you can watch the pens and not realize that.

Every time they get a skill guy to play with crosby he is on malkins line two weeks later

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
he'll probably sit out a couple games at the end. not sure why this is a big deal.

He's played 81 games twice and 80 games another two times.

from 2010-2013 he had terrible concussion problems as we all know. If you take out those seasons, he's played in 93% of possible regular season games. 757/812. and i believe that 30 of those games missed were in 2007 with a broken foot that he ended up playing on during the playoffs that year anyways.

To me, that seems quite durable.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
he'll probably sit out a couple games at the end. not sure why this is a big deal.

He's played 81 games twice and 80 games another two times.

from 2010-2013 he had terrible concussion problems as we all know. If you take out those seasons, he's played in 93% of possible regular season games. 757/812. and i believe that 30 of those games missed were in 2007 with a broken foot that he ended up playing on during the playoffs that year anyways.

To me, that seems quite durable.
(Neck problems as we all know)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad