Crosby - full shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Of course, the real answer is that he's afraid to mess up his pretty smile. Crosby has aspirations of a modeling career once this "hockey thing" is over.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
From all the game iv seen him play in the junior (around 10) he gets like 4 highstick a game. So he must be pissed off.

Speed Demon

Nov 10, 2004
New Brunswick
Technically, it would be only safe to have everyone wear face masks and neck guards but on the other hand, we shouldn't have to worry about high sticks, that is just stupid and cheap.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
I did see crosby as the only Canadian with a neck guard on. So I assume that Neck guards and full face shields are mandatory for all those under 18.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
BMWM3owner said:
any particular reason why it is mandatory?

The only reason I can think of is that they are minors and therefore there are probably some legal issues. I wonder if they could wear the visor if they get parental consent ;) :D

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the CHL the only league that lets junior players of all ages wear a visor? I know in the NCAA they all wear them and all the underagers in Europe seem to be wearing them.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
BMWM3owner said:
any particular reason why it is mandatory?

When you are a hockey player and turn eighteen you become a man and your eyeballs toughen up to the point that most blows to the retina with a hockey stick can be casually shrugged off.

Until that time it is better to err on the side of safety.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Crosbyfan said:
When you are a hockey player and turn eighteen you become a man and your eyeballs toughen up to the point that most blows to the retina with a hockey stick can be casually shrugged off.

Until that time it is better to err on the side of safety.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
I guess if you're not over 18 yrs of age, you still need permission from your parents to play in these tournaments.

It could also be that your body hasn't fully developed and these are requirements to protect your your fragile body, until it has fully developed.

I Hate You All*

tuckerdomi said:
Crosby is tough, hes a strong kid something Daigle wasnt, I guess we will all see what happens.

AND his name doesn't rhyme with bagel.

I heard Crosby is going to wear the full shield when he makes it to the show too because Brendan Shanahan threatened to kill him or something like that.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hart_House_Ca said:
I guess if you're not over 18 yrs of age, you still need permission from your parents to play in these tournaments.

It could also be that your body hasn't fully developed and these are requirements to protect your your fragile body, until it has fully developed.

No its in the offical IIHF rule book that all players under 18 are required to wear a full shield .. the neck brace thing is his own choice not manditory but designed to protect against cross checks to the back of the net from Dman clearing the crease ..

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Staze19 said:
AND his name doesn't rhyme with bagel.

I heard Crosby is going to wear the full shield when he makes it to the show too because Brendan Shanahan threatened to kill him or something like that.

Why would Sid worry about a senior citizen? (at the rate the negotiations are going...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad