Crosby another insane baseball goal on Opening Day (GOTY?)

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
This one is less impressive than the last. Still a highlight goal but every once in a while players bat it in out of midair.

People forget these elite players have built in muscle memory combined with adrenaline locking them in for moments such as these.

Very special for us mortals but I'd expect most of the elite players to manage this.

Yet somehow most of the elite players DON"T do it. He's done it twice in a week.

But yea totally easy, bro....

Reactions: Tweed

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Nice way to down-play an amazing goal here. lol. Even at the elite NHL level, this is not an easy goal.It's not just about "batting it out of midair"... He went off the post, behind his body, and against the grain at full speed. Come on, now.

He's sure Patrice Bergereon does this in his sleep every night :laugh:

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I'll be the first to admit that Sid has noticeably lost a step, which is to be expected with age and your usual wear and tear. That being said, his hand/eye coordination is still easily best in the league and unparalleled.
If losing a step means winning back to back conn smythe trophies then there must not be very many players regressing.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
If losing a step means winning back to back conn smythe trophies then there must not be very many players regressing.

Crosbys prime was 2005-2006, 12 years ago. Or 2010-2011. Crosby is 8 years past his prime. He clearly lost a few steps. Still good enough to be at a high level, but not like in his prime when he was DOMINATING.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Here's the question.. If Sid spent the offseason working on his swing would he be the best player on the Pirates?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Crosbys prime was 2005-2006, 12 years ago. Or 2010-2011. Crosby is 8 years past his prime. He clearly lost a few steps. Still good enough to be at a high level, but not like in his prime when he was DOMINATING.

His rookie season was his prime? Lol

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I don't think you understand the difference between peak and prime. Crosby is still in his prime right now. His peak was 2010-13 IMO. honestly right now I think he's every bit as impactful as he's ever been.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I don't know why but I can never bat a damn puck out of the air unless its on my backhand, then I never miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad