Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Yesssss!!!!! I'm in tears. What a magnificent game by the boys!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Ever since his injury, he has not been the same. His trademark was his line and length. The slower ball and cutter on top of that made him almost unplayable.

I wonder if he is still dealing with after effects of that injury. He also comes from a lower-middle class family, so I wonder if the fame and money got to his head.

He's a young dude tho so I'm not worried. He will bounce back. Hope he shows up for the World Cup.

That was quite the pounding by Pakistan! The most unpredictable team I have seen in any sport :laugh:

Congrats Hurt and all Pakistan fans. You guys deserve it!

I remember his cutter giving batsmen nightmares when he first broke out on to the scene. His line and length was godly. Hopefully he can get over any injuries etc. soon and be in top form for the WC which is still a ways away.

What a match. I've been hoping that Fakhar Zaman would break out on to the national team for a while and finally he got a chance and boy did he do it! If Haris Sohail can get back on here with any regularity, we could have a deadly top-middle order. Pakistan moving in to 6th now in the ODI rankings but the top 5 are so far ahead.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
An absolutely amazing and inspired performance by Pakistan. They kept getting better as the tournament progressed and they played nearly perfectly in the finals. Fakhar Zaman and Hasan Ali are superstars in the making. Mohammad Amir scares me just as much as Shoaib Akhtar once did.

A strong Pakistan team is good for the game of cricket. Well done and congrats. I'm sincerely happy for all Pakistanis (looking at you Hurt ;) ), especially since I have quite a few Pakistani friends.

The 2019 World Cup is shaping up to be quite a contest now.

Last edited:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
An absolutely amazing and inspired performance by Pakistan. They kept getting better as the tournament progressed and they played nearly perfectly in the finals. Fakhar Zaman and Hasan Ali are superstars in the making. Mohammad Amir scares me just as much as Shoaib Akhtar once did.

A strong Pakistan team is good for the game of cricket. Well done and congrats. I'm sincerely happy for all Pakistanis (looking at you Hurt ;) ), especially since I have quite a few Pakistani friends.

The 2019 World Cup is shaping up to be quite a contest now.

Thanks so much! The social media posts from family and friends in Pakistan have made me so jealous but alas, what can you do. Thinking about taking a trip to Karachi in 2019 to catch some cricket on TV with the family or maybe even go to England but not as many family members there. If Pakistan somehow manages to win the WC, it's going to be the biggest party Pakistan has ever seen. Pakistan lives and breathes cricket.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Thanks so much! The social media posts from family and friends in Pakistan have made me so jealous but alas, what can you do. Thinking about taking a trip to Karachi in 2019 to catch some cricket on TV with the family or maybe even go to England but not as many family members there. If Pakistan somehow manages to win the WC, it's going to be the biggest party Pakistan has ever seen. Pakistan lives and breathes cricket.

This was the scene outside Sarfraz's house in Karachi:

Video: https://streamable.com/61ybn

I have no ill will towards my Pakistani cricket friends, especially since the two teams seem to get along so well. **** Australia though :sarcasm:

By the way, I've actually never seen a cricket game live at a stadium. Hopefully I can afford to go to England for the 2019 World Cup. Maybe our paths will cross there :cheers:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
This was the scene outside Sarfraz's house in Karachi:

Video: https://streamable.com/61ybn

I have no ill will towards my Pakistani cricket friends, especially since the two teams seem to get along so well. **** Australia though :sarcasm:

By the way, I've actually never seen a cricket game live at a stadium. Hopefully I can afford to go to England for the 2019 World Cup. Maybe our paths will cross there :cheers:

Karachi is still popping two days later. Amazing stuff.

I'll see you in England, buddy!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hurt, didn't know you were Pakistani ;)

Is this your way of telling me we met in real life and I didn't notice? ;)

Yessir, my parents came here shortly after they got married and then they had me. I hold both citizenships as Pakistan grants it to foreign born people even if they've never lived there.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So who's in the wrong here, in your opinion?

Cricket Australia.

Players want larger slice of the pie. This also isn't all about top level players who represent the country but about lower level guys ie state league players etc. Top level guys earn good coin (some 1+ mill per year) but are relatively underpaid when you compare it to the revenue they are generating. State league guys are severely underpaid. Unless you are top notch state league player you need to have a full time job to keep afloat.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Cricket Australia.

Players want larger slice of the pie. This also isn't all about top level players who represent the country but about lower level guys ie state league players etc. Top level guys earn good coin (some 1+ mill per year) but are relatively underpaid when you compare it to the revenue they are generating. State league guys are severely underpaid. Unless you are top notch state league player you need to have a full time job to keep afloat.

I thought as much but wanted to ensure I was understanding the situation correctly.

One of the biggest downfalls of cricket right now is that the boards think that the 'pie' is a set number. The pie can always increase and thus be beneficial for everyone. This is the same issue that happened with the Pig3 and revenue sharing amongst the smaller boards. The pie can grow!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I thought as much but wanted to ensure I was understanding the situation correctly.

One of the biggest downfalls of cricket right now is that the boards think that the 'pie' is a set number. The pie can always increase and thus be beneficial for everyone. This is the same issue that happened with the Pig3 and revenue sharing amongst the smaller boards. The pie can grow!

Absolutely it can grow. T20 is a big reason for that pie getting bigger.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Is this your way of telling me we met in real life and I didn't notice? ;)

Yessir, my parents came here shortly after they got married and then they had me. I hold both citizenships as Pakistan grants it to foreign born people even if they've never lived there.

Definitely possible, given how we both from Toronto :laugh:

Cool, same as me then with dual citizenship. Pretty sure India doesn't allow dual citizenship :P

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
wow that looked like a bad one in the T20 game between Birmingham & Nottinghamshire.

Bowler took the ball off the top of his head after it was smashed back in his direction from the batsman.

Bowler back up on his feet and walked off with the physios but it looks like his hands were covered in blood so guessing its at least a really bad cut.

Hope he will be okay.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
wow that looked like a bad one in the T20 game between Birmingham & Nottinghamshire.

Bowler took the ball off the top of his head after it was smashed back in his direction from the batsman.

Bowler back up on his feet and walked off with the physios but it looks like his hands were covered in blood so guessing its at least a really bad cut.

Hope he will be okay.

Yikes, hope he's okay. Always scary to hear and see head injuries.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Yikes, hope he's okay. Always scary to hear and see head injuries.
No word on how Luke Fletcher is doing as yet.

Players have been off the field for about 15 minutes now, talking about restarting in 5 minutes but no sign of the players getting back onto the field.

My guess would be until they get news that Fletcher is going to be okay the game wont restart.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
No word on how Luke Fletcher is doing as yet.

Players have been off the field for about 15 minutes now, talking about restarting in 5 minutes but no sign of the players getting back onto the field.

My guess would be until they get news that Fletcher is going to be okay the game wont restart.

Reports saying that he was giving the thumbs up as he got in the ambulance so at least he's not hurt TOO badly. Also this:

https://twitter.com/JakeBall/status/883786770755842048

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I was planning on going to Paris at the beginning of June 2019 for French Open, but looks like I might also be able to see a cricket match in England then too.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I was planning on going to Paris at the beginning of June 2019 for French Open, but looks like I might also be able to see a cricket match in England then too.

I would love to catch a couple of Pakistan WC games. It would be amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad