Creatine

nni

Dec 29, 2005
I'm not really a big guy (5'9" 175 lbs) so the 5g of supplementation plus the 8g or so I get with my protein shake make a difference. I have felt a significant difference since I began taking it in the beginning of May. Of course there are better options, but it all depends on how far one is willing to go to accomplish one's goals and exactly how lofty those goals are. I used the NOxplode as an example because I have heard firsthand some horror stories, most of which revolve around people being unable to sleep and having increased heart rate due to useage of the supplement.

trust me, read studies about glutamine.

no-xplode is one of the biggest rip off products ever. lots of caffeine some no precurors and a dash of creatine. in a normal serving where you arent taking too much caffeine you arent getting enough creatine.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
You make a great point. There are so many "short cuts" and pharmacuticals out there that were said to be safe and turned out to not be quite so safe. Cancer causers, heart, kidny, liver....

10 years is not a long time...For what little it provides, unless your lively hood is riding on your performance, it just isnt worth the risk. With reports of some of the adverse affects of the Creatine products, I find it incredible that people can keep stating that it is totally Safe. NO ONE KNOWS THAT ANSWER for an absolute fact.

i agree 10 years isnt a long time, but it was long enough to determine vioxx's long term effects, as well as zelnorm and other products. you can say that you dont know anything is safe for an absolute fact, aspirin causes ulcers, everything causes cancer etc, bottom line, how creatine is used and works in our bodies is no more dangerous than a beer.

FutureConsiderations

Dec 29, 2005
Brookline, MA
I had a great experience with creatine, but I don't like to stay on it longer than i need to. Basically, I just use it to help recovery for the first few weeks after I've taken time off from working out.

I had surgery a few months ago (no big deal, just an appendectomy) and had to take over a month off from all exercise as a result. As you can imagine, getting back to the routine wasn't much fun, but with creatine I was back to where I was before the surgery in just two weeks with minimal pain in between sessions.

danglesmcgee

Jul 5, 2007
creatine is great, no explode does the trick aswell, i dont know what horror stories you have been told, but half the time the people taking the stuff are to dumb to read the label or do a little research. no explode and creatine can increase your heart rate when you work out and use it and consume alcohol, if your serious with hockey you probably dont need to do the latter as much. As for sleeplessness the label on NO explode clearly states that you should not take it four hours before sleeping or simply put you wont fall asleep. the only problem i have is occasional mood swings. you would be good starting off with a basic creatine, or you could stack purple wrath and white flood (purple wrath is a very good creatine, white flood is a nitrous oxide product) which is great for endurance and working out.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I use it... it makes me feel sick if I dont drink enough water but it works... got wash board abs.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
One word of advice. Do NOT take NOxplode or any of those types of "super duper" supplements. Many of them are loaded with caffiene and do more harm than good in the long run. Creatine monohydrate is definitly the way to go. Good luck!

Kind of alarming you should say that. Im on NO-Xplode right now, its amazing for adding strength and mass (you have to eat a lot of protein and stay away from booze though). What kind of long term effects can it have?:help: I've been on it for about 2 months.

I had a gym 'hiatis' of about 6 months, lost about 10 pounds (im a smidge over 6') but this stuff has gotten me back up and then some. When I started two months ago I was 185 or so im now closing in on 200 Ibs. So, anyone wanting to add strength and mass I would recommend NO-Xplode.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
Kind of alarming you should say that. Im on NO-Xplode right now, its amazing for adding strength and mass (you have to eat a lot of protein and stay away from booze though). What kind of long term effects can it have?:help: I've been on it for about 2 months.

I had a gym 'hiatis' of about 6 months, lost about 10 pounds (im a smidge over 6') but this stuff has gotten me back up and then some. When I started two months ago I was 185 or so im now closing in on 200 Ibs. So, anyone wanting to add strength and mass I would recommend NO-Xplode.

actually no-xplode will not have an affect on strength or mass. it is 100mg of caffeine per scoop, 1g of creatine per scoop and some NO procursors. this is definetely a product that is all smoke an mirrors. you will feel energy and focus as you are taking a lot of caffeine, you will feel pumped because it has NO precursors in it, and you think you are getting enough creatine, but you arent. this product will not help you gaine any mass whatsoever, NO precursors can help a bit with strenght, but not mass. your workouts are whats doing that.

you shouldnt take a lot of caffeine long term because it is taxing on your CNS, and you shouldn't take NO precursors for long periods without taking a break as nitric oxide also releases free radicals into your system. you should take a breat for a few weeks every couple of months.

danglesmcgee

Jul 5, 2007
actually no-xplode will not have an affect on strength or mass. it is 100mg of caffeine per scoop, 1g of creatine per scoop and some NO procursors. this is definetely a product that is all smoke an mirrors. you will feel energy and focus as you are taking a lot of caffeine, you will feel pumped because it has NO precursors in it, and you think you are getting enough creatine, but you arent. this product will not help you gaine any mass whatsoever, NO precursors can help a bit with strenght, but not mass. your workouts are whats doing that.

you shouldnt take a lot of caffeine long term because it is taxing on your CNS, and you shouldn't take NO precursors for long periods without taking a break as nitric oxide also releases free radicals into your system. you should take a breat for a few weeks every couple of months.

yea NO explode might boost strength slightly but honestly, it really hasnt done all that much, its overrated and over priced. the best, and less sugar filled NO product is definently White Flood, i only hear great things about this sup, its better than NO explode and has better ingredients. I guess stacking it with Purple Wrath is supposed to be unreal, great strength and muscle mass gains, and very inexpennsive.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Obviously taking Xplode alone wont help you much. Like I said above I also take Iso Whey at least once a day and eat A LOT of protein as well. Xplode gives you insane amounts of energy and focuses you in the gym.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
caffeine pills will accomplish the same for cheaper.

controlled labs = hype :)

HABSMANIA21*

Dont You Take That Stuff. I Wonder What Your Mother Would Think Of You. In Fact Im Going Over To Her House To Tell Her.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
monsterbertuzzi.... no it doesn't. please explain to me how the supplement has any effect on muscle definition. i would love to hear it.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
ignore the jar, they can claim whatever they want.
there also isn't enough creatine in there. no-xplode is a 100% mental product. the caffeine gets you buzzed, the arginine gives you a pump, which makes you think you are getting bigger, but results are strictly cosmetic and temporary.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I used to work in a gym, took creatine in different forms, liked the eas products. But be careful when using it. I stopped taking it because I was getting bigger and stronger in a very short time frame and to me that's not natural. I am already 6'2 240 so I don't need to get bigger, but I worked out for many years it took me a long time to add mass and strength to my frame by just working out, then I started to take creatine and all the sudden what tooks months and months of working out was done in weeks. I can see how this would appeal to some but I didn't like it plus I had to drink a ton of water so I had to piss all the time.

danglesmcgee

Jul 5, 2007
controlled labs hype? no way son, im ripping it up in the gym, i think im overtraining but i dont care, im gunna be absolutely cut and jacked for camp. ive already aadded 10 pounds to my max bench and its barely been a week. if anything BSN products are all hype, bbut they do give u much mroe definition, thats about it though.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
sure. learn what the ingredients do, learn what the proper dosages are, learn to pick apart proprietary blends and you will become and educated consumer. placebo is an excellent thing.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
sure. learn what the ingredients do, learn what the proper dosages are, learn to pick apart proprietary blends and you will become and educated consumer. placebo is an excellent thing.

You can say that again. There was a study recently where they gave a group of men who were balding either a placebo or Propecia.

After 6 months 15% of the men that took Propecia saw some of their hair grow back. The placebo group? 11% of them saw some hair grow back.
It just shows how powerful the mind can be.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
You can say that again. There was a study recently where they gave a group of men who were balding either a placebo or Propecia.

After 6 months 15% of the men that took Propecia saw some of their hair grow back. The placebo group? 11% of them saw some hair grow back.
It just shows how powerful the mind can be.

they did a similar study with steroids.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I've had different reactions to creatine. I've learned that I can't go with Creatine that is too "pure" (when I do, I have to go pee every 5 minutes). It's always helped me in the gym though.

I'd recommend Testosterone for the extra boost too. I also take an energy drink before workouts (after a protein shake).

More than likely I'm ****ing my insides, but it works.

Like most these guys are saying though, Nutrition is much more important than any suplements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad