Creatine

nni

Dec 29, 2005
I've had different reactions to creatine. I've learned that I can't go with Creatine that is too "pure" (when I do, I have to go pee every 5 minutes). It's always helped me in the gym though.

I'd recommend Testosterone for the extra boost too. I also take an energy drink before workouts (after a protein shake).

More than likely I'm ****ing my insides, but it works.

Like most these guys are saying though, Nutrition is much more important than any suplements.

so instead of taking creatine which is harmless, you are recommending testosterone which is a controlled substance and is a steroid. well great.

you are right about nutrition is better than supplements, but everything else you need to read some more.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
so instead of taking creatine which is harmless, you are recommending testosterone which is a controlled substance and is a steroid. well great.

No offense intended, but I don't think you actually read the part of his post where he's talking about creatine and how it effects him. Also (and more to the point), he didn't say that he doesn't take creatine.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
No offense intended, but I don't think you actually read the part of his post where he's talking about creatine and how it effects him. Also (and more to the point), he didn't say that he doesn't take creatine.

oh no i did, and it made no sense. what is a "pure creatine" could it be monohydrate? creatine doesnt make you piss, water intake does, but if he is experiencing bloating, cramping or stomache discomfort then it is the mono. there are other options at that point, but im willing to bet that water intake was higher than normal for him on creatine. people have a habit of blaming supplements and not their changes of behavior.

sorry about my wording suggesting that he doesnt take creatine. after suggesting testosterone i guess i disregarded everything else as that is pretty outrageous, im certain he meant something else, but wow.

no offense is taken :) i know my stuff when it comes to supplements and nutrient timing, so i am just trying to help as there seems to be A LOT of confusion here.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I've had different reactions to creatine. I've learned that I can't go with Creatine that is too "pure" (when I do, I have to go pee every 5 minutes). It's always helped me in the gym though.

I'd recommend Testosterone for the extra boost too. I also take an energy drink before workouts (after a protein shake).

More than likely I'm ****ing my insides, but it works.

Like most these guys are saying though, Nutrition is much more important than any suplements.

...Stay away from testosterone, M1T and stuff like that. Unless you want to deal with acne all over your back and arms, dont use roids.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
...Stay away from testosterone, M1T and stuff like that. Unless you want to deal with acne all over your back and arms, dont use roids.

not to mention gyno, liver isssues, cholesterol issues, blood pressure issues, screwing up your HPTA, and if you are teenager some more fun stuff. acne is the least of the concerns.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004

not to mention gyno, liver isssues, cholesterol issues, blood pressure issues, screwing up your HPTA, and if you are teenager some more fun stuff. acne is the least of the concerns.

All these symptoms are correct if the person has been using and abusing steroids over a long period of time. Not advocating the use of them just bringing a different perspective to the thread. Running one cycle a year to get a boost isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Running cycle after cycle and not letting your body get rid of everything is where the health problems come in. Ive had friends do both and Ive seen the different effects of what each causes.

On to creatine. Ive used it in the past and while it helped a bit not something Id go back to. Too many different ways on how youre supposed to use it. Giv eme a high quality whey protein and eating right any day of the week. Along with all the other supplements out there alot of different choices on what to use.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
All these symptoms are correct if the person has been using and abusing steroids over a long period of time. Not advocating the use of them just bringing a different perspective to the thread. Running one cycle a year to get a boost isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Running cycle after cycle and not letting your body get rid of everything is where the health problems come in. Ive had friends do both and Ive seen the different effects of what each causes.

On to creatine. Ive used it in the past and while it helped a bit not something Id go back to. Too many different ways on how youre supposed to use it. Giv eme a high quality whey protein and eating right any day of the week. Along with all the other supplements out there alot of different choices on what to use.

wow you are wrong. from one cycle users can experience problems if proper percautions are not taken. m1-d is one of the worst offenders when it comes to liver toxicity and if you are foolish with it, you will hurt yourself. some of the newer legal ones arent as bad, but can still lead to problems, and all of this happens, it is from chronic use either.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
Cup of oats, two cups of skim milk, a banana, 200 grams of whey, blend. Tasty.

and overkill. anything over 60-75 grams your body really isnt going to use.

there are some really tasty protein powders out there, isokool, gfpro, ipro, ON makes a couple, its just a matter of finding what tastes good, its an expensive search.

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
I was using Optimum 100% Vanilla whey but the taste wasnt so great so I went with muscle milk banana creme and it is excellent tasting. Ill probably go back to the Optimum 100% whey because you get alot more protein per serving.

ON 100% Whey 1 scoop = 24 g protein
Muscle Milk 2 scoops = 32 g protein

You get alot more bang for your buck woth the 100% whey.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
muscle milk is more of an mrp than a straight up protein powder. they also contain different types of protein.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
wow you are wrong. from one cycle users can experience problems if proper percautions are not taken. m1-d is one of the worst offenders when it comes to liver toxicity and if you are foolish with it, you will hurt yourself. some of the newer legal ones arent as bad, but can still lead to problems, and all of this happens, it is from chronic use either.
Im wrong? Ive never seen a person who ran one cycle the way it supposed to be done suffer any side effects at all. Yes theres people out there who have no idea what they are doing and dont seek any advice who end up having problems. I've read articles by experts where its been stated that one cycle isnt going to cause side effects, its repeated cycle after cycle and having to increase the dosages that causes the side effects. I have an acquaintance that abused the **** out of steroids for years. Hes now half his size and is having all sorts of medical problems from abusing them. And most likely will for the rest of his life. I also have friends that have run one cycle and have had no long term effects from it whatsoever. It all comes down to how much and how long.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
Cup of oats, two cups of skim milk, a banana, 200 grams of whey, blend. Tasty.

I tried to make protein shakes using skim milk but all it did was make me run to the toilet. I had such severe stomach pains that it felt like a donkey was kicking me in the abdomen all day. I had to go home from work after taking one in the morning. I can't even express how much pain I was in.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
Im wrong? Ive never seen a person who ran one cycle the way it supposed to be done suffer any side effects at all. Yes theres people out there who have no idea what they are doing and dont seek any advice who end up having problems. I've read articles by experts where its been stated that one cycle isnt going to cause side effects, its repeated cycle after cycle and having to increase the dosages that causes the side effects. I have an acquaintance that abused the **** out of steroids for years. Hes now half his size and is having all sorts of medical problems from abusing them. And most likely will for the rest of his life. I also have friends that have run one cycle and have had no long term effects from it whatsoever. It all comes down to how much and how long.

the way it is supposed to be? you mean with a proper pct and proper support supps, then yes you should be relatively fine. i am saying you can F yourself pretty bad by taking these type of products without fully understanding what you are doing to your body. this is a fact. long term steroid use can be fine, long term ABUSE will lead to issues. but that isnt creatine, and taking an oral, especially a highly liver toxic oral can lead to majot issues if you do not take proper precautions.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
the way it is supposed to be? you mean with a proper pct and proper support supps, then yes you should be relatively fine. i am saying you can F yourself pretty bad by taking these type of products without fully understanding what you are doing to your body. this is a fact. long term steroid use can be fine, long term ABUSE will lead to issues. but that isnt creatine, and taking an oral, especially a highly liver toxic oral can lead to majot issues if you do not take proper precautions.
And thats the point im trying to make. Done right you'll be ok ,done bad you've screwed yourself. People hear steroids and first thing that pops up is negatives. Using steroids is like anything else. Use it in careful moderation, negative effects are minimal. Abuse them and you're going to be paying for it in the long run.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
ok, you made it sound like you felt it impossible to have adverse effects from a single cycle.

the thing is not many people know how to do it properly, or even to identify what is a steroid marketed as a supplement.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
ok, you made it sound like you felt it impossible to have adverse effects from a single cycle.

the thing is not many people know how to do it properly, or even to identify what is a steroid marketed as a supplement.
And I can see how that came across. You're right most people don't because they don't take the time to educate themselves on the issue. They just think oh I know what I'm doing and screw themselves ups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad