Create the best 5 man unit possible without the use of Gretzky/Lemieux/Orr/Howe

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Lindros - Clarke - Jagr
Pronger - Stevens
Parent

This is a reality show waiting to happen.

Stevens hammers Lindros in practice... knocks him cold... Clarkie carves Stevens up with his Sher-Wood before Pronger reminds him that he despises the Lindros family. Bernie and Jags huddled in the crease... Bernie in his thick, French-Canadian accent quizzing Jagr about the 18 year old piece who tried to blackmail him.... "Jags, if de Twitter was around in da 70's all of da Bullies would be doing life in de prisons." :yo::yo:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Fantasy land:

Ovechkin-Lindros-Fedorov

Bourque-Lidström

Hasek

Real world:

Krutov-Larionov-Makarov

Kasatonov-Fetisov

Any goalie, does not matter much

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
I see a lot of Pronger-Lidstrom pairings...I couldn't even behin to think how dominant they'd be.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
The most unstoppable line I can think of:

Forsberg-Lindros-Jagr: the cycle from hell line

...this line just might beat any Lemieux/Gretzky line, btw. Freaks of nature.

other nice ones:
Forsberg-Fedorov-Jagr: "you will never touch the puck" line
Ovechkin-Lindros-Forsberg: superstar hitters
Fedorov-Datsyuk-Bure: big ice juggernaut

defense... don't really care, Lidstrom-Pronger sounds perfect.

flamesburnoil

Feb 18, 2015
this is hard to tell with players who are still playing but give the points and where current players are at in there careers it seems theses players will be hard to beat. Both OV and marleau should/could take over robitaille as the best ever lw if they stay healthy. this is a line that can play anyway you want and they have all the intangibles you have to have skill, grit, speed, playmaker, sniper, not to mention they will win more face-offs then they loose. on the backend you have one of the hardest shooters ever and the guy who invented the slap pass (know one does it as good as he did). And at LD 1 of the best skaters if not the best the game has ever seen.

luc robitaille mark messier jaromir jagr

paul coffey al macinnis

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Messier(corner man) Beliveau(best passer the game has known) Bossy(best goal scorer ever)
Robinson(has both shutdown and good offense skills) Stevens(best shutdown D I've seen)

RandomJetsFan

Apr 19, 2014
manitoba
Dennis Hull Jacques Lemaire Lanny Macdonald
Al Ifrate Al Macinnis

That'll make any goaltender nervous some of history's hardest slap shots

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If we level the playing field to how they historically played their competition I would go

Bobby Hull-Beliveau-Richard
Harvey-Bourque
Hasek

If we are not balancing era's I would say modern equipment and style of play that is close enough to what we play I would mark as about 1991 when pads started getting bigger, More trapping, Russian influences had taken effect and such, for that my team is.

Brett Hull-Fedorov(hart year)-Jagr
Bourque-Stevens
Hasek

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
Ovechkin-Fedorov-Jagr
Lidstrom-Pronger

A goal scoring machine, a Selke caliber C who can score a lot, an all around offensive threat, one of the smartest player ever to play hockey and a dominant physical defenseman.

Good one. That offense would do what ever they want and the d-pair is perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad