Crazy Idea: Let's offer Alfie an Assistant Manager position.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
He could even just kind of live in the arena and hang around all the time giving off good vibes and everyone would just always be like "Hey Alfie" and he'd be like "Hey, get one for me tonight" and then they would.

Hahaha.. this made me laugh way too much for some reason.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You changed the analogy. The correct analogy would be that you are not mad a girl for not wanting to date you, but you hope that she spends her life regretting that decision.

And that makes sense. I'm not mad that Jessica alba doesn't want to marry me. But if I was asked if I wanted her to regret that decision I would say sure why not. It feels good to be wanted. Why are you saying otherwise?

I hope people stop dying of disease in Africa, but I won't get mad every time someone dies of disease in Africa

You can hope for something without being extremely emotionly involved enough to get mad.

I've come up with enough examples lol stop trying to make an argument out of nothing.

If I would rather alfie regrets his decision? Sure, why not.

If I'm mad? No.

This isnt rocket science.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
You know that ex who left you for that other guy because she taught she had a "better shot" with him? Would you hook up again? On top of that, she doesn't even look as good as she used to.

It's over, let it go.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You know that ex who left you for that other guy because she taught she had a "better shot" with him? Would you hook up again? On top of that, she doesn't even look as good as she used to.

It's over, let it go.

This.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

It's over, let it go.

A better analogy is Mom and Dad had a big fight and Mom decided to leave Dad for someone better (fair or not). We're the kids in the divorce. Some of us want Mom to get back together with Dad because we remember the good ol' days. Some of the kids now hate Mom for leaving in the first place. Some don't care and just hope Mom and Dad move on and both be happy.

Boggletrax

Oct 5, 2008
I'm told Alfie wanted to sign a 1-game contract (with the Wings), play tomorrow against the Sens, and then retire. But Babcock nixed it, he doesn't tolerate distractions.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I'm told Alfie wanted to sign a 1-game contract (with the Wings), play tomorrow against the Sens, and then retire. But Babcock nixed it, he doesn't tolerate distractions.

I'd be down if it was the other way around. The roof would come off the place.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Why bother, just bury him under the CTC ice like a cross between Team Canada's lucky coin and Han Solo frozen in carbonite.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I believe there are some fairly substantial tax implication for Alfie is he doesn't stay in Detroit (or the US) for the whole year, so you can forget about him coming to Ottawa for any reason this season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd be down if it was the other way around. The roof would come off the place.

So you don't tolerate distractions, eh Babcock? Well, well just create an even bigger distraction!

Mwoua ha ha, Bwa ha ha ha.

It's just crazy enough to work...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
A better analogy is Mom and Dad had a big fight and Mom decided to leave Dad for someone better (fair or not). We're the kids in the divorce. Some of us want Mom to get back together with Dad because we remember the good ol' days. Some of the kids now hate Mom for leaving in the first place. Some don't care and just hope Mom and Dad move on and both be happy.

I like how you made sure Alfie was the mom in this analogy. :laugh:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Link?
I believe there are some fairly substantial tax implication for Alfie is he doesn't stay in Detroit (or the US) for the whole year, so you can forget about him coming to Ottawa for any reason this season.
Care to elaborate?

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007

Both our analogies are the same, it depends how you see yourself. In mine, I'm the dad (the organization)...

Do we want to put the kids through this again? What if we **** things up for a second time?

It's time for daddy to find someone else. A 27 yo scorer from NJ. She doesn't have to be your mom but she's part of the family now.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Link?

Care to elaborate?

Probably has to do with residency.

If you have no significant economic ties to Canada, and reside out of the country more the majority of the year, you don't pay tax to Canada. However, if you reside in Canada for most of the year, you pay tax here on your worldwide income even if it was earned elsewhere. For the Provinces it has to do with where you lived on Dec 31. That could be another layer. May be more advantageous to declare Michigan as the place of residence on Dec 31, rather than potentially having to pay ON provincial income tax.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Be nice for him to have a spot with the team but only give him a position if he wants it.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

This sounds like something that dolt Shawn Simpson would say (and did say), so it has very little credence.

I'd be down for having Alfie as an AGM though, this team badly needs some winning experience up top.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Pretty sure he's going back to Sweden when he's really done. Didn't he say that? I could be wrong.

At any rate, he's my favorite player ever, but people just need to let it go. He'll go down in history, if he's not in Ottawa it's not like he'll be forgotten

No, he said he would live in Ottawa actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad