Speculation: Crawford

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Darling has been terrible for 2 seasons and there were reports of him being out of shape. I'm fine with signing him for Rockford but we can't really count on him at the NHL level.

1M retained Reimer at 2.4M still sounds too expensive.

There will be some cheaper goalies that other teams gave up on maybe we can take advantage of. I really wanted the Hawks to take a chance on either Robin Lehrer or Petr Mrazek last July. But then Bowman gave Cam Ward 3M because he was more "proven".....

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
you can find goalies each and every year, guys get moved all the time - no need to sign anyone right now unless it is DIRT cheap and that is not Reimer...let's see what the kids can do first, and if they fail you can address it over the season as 6-8 names always become available for lower price tags or simply get released and we can sign..

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
you can find goalies each and every year, guys get moved all the time - no need to sign anyone right now unless it is DIRT cheap and that is not Reimer...let's see what the kids can do first, and if they fail you can address it over the season as 6-8 names always become available for lower price tags or simply get released and we can sign..

Delia was horrific after his hot start and has barely played professional games

There is no reason to rush him to NHL role and if we don't have reliable G to start year it could set back team and its playoff hopes especially if Crawford gets injured again

Why take such a risk when you have options to improve position this offseason?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

There is no reason to rush him to NHL role and if we don't have reliable G to start year it could set back team and its playoff hopes especially if Crawford gets injured again

there is no risk -you give your kids a chance and if they can't you can find replacements each and every year in season. we do not need to bail out another GM on a bad contract to take up multi years here. Reimer just makes no sense here at his price tag/years - if the Panthers retain over 50% maybe you can have a discussion, but even that I just don't like.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hawks have been unable to find a replacement the last 2 years

Forsberg was last kid who we were told was fine and he was Huet like
but a guy making over $3 mil on a multi year deal on a decline is not the answer as well..

you make an excuse for Reimer that he played behind a bad defense, but bash the Hawks defense as being terrible and that no goalie would come here..but Reimer is the guy now?? lol..you make no sense man..

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, I don't have much interest in Reimer. I just don't have much faith in our depth in net if Crawford goes down.
Delia and Lankinen in net for a good portion of the year? Here comes another lottery pick.

Reactions: FeatherHead

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hawks have been unable to find a replacement the last 2 years

Forsberg was last kid who we were told was fine and he was Huet like
And signing offseason options have been a factor. Yet other teams sometimes have too many option and waiting out during the season. So if you need it you can get a better goalie. It doesn't cost more than a late pick or maybe even just off waivers.

You do no benefits to the future signing guys with no long term benefit as a backup too.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
I was really hoping the Hawks took one of the top goaltending prospects in his draft. I have zero faith in Crow and our pipeline at that position outright blows.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I would also like to point out why BWC just can't be taken seriously on here - like ever.

He calls Delia horrific and not someone who should be a NHL goalie..YET..the guy who costs over $3 mil he is championing for had a WORSE save% than the horrific Delia on a BETTER overall team defense...you f***ing can't make this shit up.

Delia with a save % .908
Reimer with a save % .900

but one guy is horrific at league minimum and the other guy is the f***ing answer at $3 mil plus..hahahahaha...I am sure BWC will post some nonsense about GAA or amount of games played, but regardless this is the stupidity he tries to spread on our board..

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I would also like to point out why BWC just can't be taken seriously on here - like ever.

He calls Delia horrific and not someone who should be a NHL goalie..YET..the guy who costs over $3 mil he is championing for had a WORSE save% than the horrific Delia on a BETTER overall team defense...you ****ing can't make this **** up.

Delia with a save % .908

but one guy is horrific at league minimum and the other guy is the ****ing answer at $3 mil plus..hahahahaha...I am sure BWC will post some nonsense about GAA or amount of games played, but regardless this is the stupidity he tries to spread on our board..

Next think you know they'll be drafting club hockey players out of Penn State.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Next think you know they'll be drafting club hockey players out of Penn State.

giphy.gif

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I reiterate that at this point the 'hawks have to be thinking of the succession plans, and that means getting a good look at who they have in the pipeline. What better way to do it than give them the same chance that Neimi had with Huet, and Crawford had with Turco? At this point there is light at the end of the tunnel for the prospects because in all likelihood next season the starting job is wide open.

If the 'hawks sign someone else in the offseason, what would they do for the duration when Crawford is healthy? Send Lankinen/Delia/etc. back to Rockford? Send the vet signing to Rockford to task them with fetching Eddie O's soft serve?

I think with the off season D signings it's as good as it's going to get for allowing a goalie to show us their stuff. I think the time is better now then when the 'hawks are also trying to bring along youth D as well.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I read HFawks for the hockey smarts but this thread's lack of it IS disappointing ...
C'mawn guys ... two words.
Scott Foster.
The greatest goalie - stats-wise - in NHL history and you dudes are looking outside the organ-I-zation?

Sheesh ... I may have to switch back to Second City Hockey now.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Sign Varlamov for $6M one year...give him and Crow the chance to earn an extension. If Crow stays healthy you have two studs and one huge trade chip come the trade deadline. If Crow gets injured you have the next best thing to Bob as a back up like Boston did with Rask/Halak.

Let Delia and Lankinen marinade in the AHL for a full season. Or in the case of a Crow injury, the best one comes up first and the other one plays every game on the Rock.

Enough with the question marks in goal. Go in with a sure thing. The D has been overhauled. Forwards are still being tweaked but added Kubalik, Quenville, Saarela and more to come. Seal the deal in net...this team can score enough goals!

needle

Apr 30, 2012
We need Delia to take over. A capable goalie at $1M/year does wonders for salary cap health.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Sign Varlamov for $6M one year...give him and Crow the chance to earn an extension. If Crow stays healthy you have two studs and one huge trade chip come the trade deadline. If Crow gets injured you have the next best thing to Bob as a back up like Boston did with Rask/Halak.

Let Delia and Lankinen marinade in the AHL for a full season. Or in the case of a Crow injury, the best one comes up first and the other one plays every game on the Rock.

Enough with the question marks in goal. Go in with a sure thing. The D has been overhauled. Forwards are still being tweaked but added Kubalik, Quenville, Saarela and more to come. Seal the deal in net...this team can score enough goals!

no thanks to Varly at 6 million for a year...

Crow, Delia, Lankinen, Nalimov, Peters... all good

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U

Colin Delia had the same 5v5 sv% as Carey Price this year. His high-danger sv% was 9th among goalies who played 300 minutes or more, better than Rantaa, Crawford, and Bobrovsky.

This post is a fantasy. Delia will be the backup/1B and he will deserve it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

He calls Delia horrific and not someone who should be a NHL goalie..YET..the guy who costs over $3 mil he is championing for had a WORSE save% than the horrific Delia on a BETTER overall team defense...you ****ing can't make this **** up.

Delia with a save % .908

but one guy is horrific at league minimum and the other guy is the ****ing answer at $3 mil plus..hahahahaha...I am sure BWC will post some nonsense about GAA or amount of games played, but regardless this is the stupidity he tries to spread on our board..
It took 4 years in the AHL before Binnington got his chance. I'm not saying Delia is Binnington, but I'm not giving up on him either because he tailed off after a hot start. His kick stops / leg saves are Delia awesome. Now he needs to improve his glove and puck handling. Delia is proving his worth in the AHL like Binnington. I want to see a bigger sample size from Delia in the NHL.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Yeah? Whom are you hanging your hat on? Whom in our pipeline is the promising franchise puck stopper I'm apparently blind to?
Delia and Lankinen arent exactly scrub prospects.

Delia had a great start in the NHL before tailing off. He was pretty good in the AHL too.

Lankinen went 7-1 in the most recent World Championships ... leading Finland to the gold medal with a 1.5 goals against average and .942 saves %.

Nalimov is also coming over from the KHL. He's a well known prospect.

We have decent prospects. The hope is one will breakout this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad