Speculation: Crawford

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would also like to point out why BWC just can't be taken seriously on here - like ever.

He calls Delia horrific and not someone who should be a NHL goalie..YET..the guy who costs over $3 mil he is championing for had a WORSE save% than the horrific Delia on a BETTER overall team defense...you ****ing can't make this **** up.

Delia with a save % .908
Reimer with a save % .900

but one guy is horrific at league minimum and the other guy is the ****ing answer at $3 mil plus..hahahahaha...I am sure BWC will post some nonsense about GAA or amount of games played, but regardless this is the stupidity he tries to spread on our board..

Last season

Delia first 8 games with Hawks (Hot start) = .931 sv pct
Delia final 8 games with Hawks = .880 sv pct

He very much was horrific after hot start and though I believe he has NHL potential there is no reason Hawks should hand him #2 job especially given the injury history of Crawford

Delia just turned 25 and has limited sample size as professional

10 ECHL games
54 AHL games
18 NHL games

There is no reason he cant start next year or even spend rest of next season in AHL and get more experience/work on his game while a more capable #2 is with Hawks

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Last season

He very much was horrific after hot start and though I believe he has NHL potential there is no reason Hawks should hand him #2 job especially given the injury history of Crawford

10 ECHL games
54 AHL games
18 NHL games

There is no reason he cant start next year or even spend rest of next season in AHL and get more experience/work on his game while a more capable #2 is with Hawks
lol

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Last season

10 ECHL games
54 AHL games
18 NHL games

Exactly, we need a bigger sample size before we can make a decision on Delia. That said, let's give Delia, Lankenin, and Nalimov a chance before grabbing a mediocre backup. Mediocre veteran goalies are available all the time.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Varlamov = If he agrees would be fine gamble as 1B and insurance should Crawford get injured
Smith = Absolutely not he is truly trash , Turco at the end of line
Talbot = Wants a chance to start not happening here
McBackup = No thanks given his age and fact he wont have the strong D in front of him he had in Carolina
Mrazek = Wants a job that he is at least 1A in and term ,, Not happening with Crawford here
Neuvirth = Cant stay healthy
Hutcinson = Blows

Agree on all fronts.

Pretty much this.

I worry about Crow's health and at his age we are going to need a reliable backup sooner than later. Varlamov seems like a good choice that being said just wondering how many good prospects we have? Delia seems wishy washy. If this isn't corrected sooner than later this club could continue to struggle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marotte Marauder

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Another thing though can't blame all the goaltending woes for a team that gives up so many high percentage chances against but now with some of our prospects coming up and the addition of Dehann and Maatta we should be much better.

NEIL DUBREUIL

Jun 29, 2019
I put it in roster thread but Panthers don't want to buy out Reimer final 2 years

At 3.4M he is too pricey but if we can get Dale to eat 1M for 2.4M cap hit and get a 3rd round pick it would be great pickup

Reimer struggled last year but has always been capable 1B/backup goalie

Sv pct thru years

10-11 = .921
11-12 = .900
12-13 = .924
13-14 = .911
14-15 = .907
15-16 = .922
16-17 = .920
17-18 = .913
18-19 = .900

Last year the Panthers D was putrid and entire team struggled thru most of year

Would be fine insurance for Crawford injury and provide us a cheap vet to partner with Delia if Crawford retires , walks as FA or isn't brought back by Hawks

What do you think about a straight trade of Reimer for Anisimov?

It would improve the Hawks cap situation by nearly a million. Plus if the Panthers wanted to entice Panarin and Bobrovsky it wouldn't hurt adding a friendly Russian who played with them on the national team. It fills a need for Florida as they could use a 3rd line center, plus Anisimov is still good enough to fill in the top six should their be an injury in top six.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
What do you think about a straight trade of Reimer for Anisimov?

It would improve the Hawks cap situation by nearly a million. Plus if the Panthers wanted to entice Panarin and Bobrovsky it wouldn't hurt adding a friendly Russian who played with them on the national team. It fills a need for Florida as they could use a 3rd line center, plus Anisimov is still good enough to fill in the top six should their be an injury in top six.
Reimer has 2 years left on his contract. Anisimov is worth more than Reimer straight up.

If Florida is really serious about Bob, they'll be desperate to unload Reimer's contract.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Darling has been terrible for 2 seasons and there were reports of him being out of shape. I'm fine with signing him for Rockford but we can't really count on him at the NHL level.

Exactly! Which is precisely why Stanley can sign Darling with pennies on the dollar. And you are correct, Darling will definitely start out back in Rockford.

Darling signed a nice deal for himself with Carolina and let the pressure get to him with living up to the contract, #1 status and it effected his play. It happens.

1 year low risk move.

DO IT STAN!

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
I know Darling sucked with the Hurricanes but he was fantastic for us. I'd be willing to pick him up cheaply and let him try to find his game amongst friends and family.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know Darling sucked with the Hurricanes but he was fantastic for us. I'd be willing to pick him up cheaply and let him try to find his game amongst friends and family.
I don't think anyone would have much of an issue with that - dirt cheap can be buried in minors on 1 year deal if nothing happens..but going out and getting a guy on a multi year deal left with worse #'s than Delia just makes zero sense.

I said it before, and I will keep saying it - McElhinney would be a nice cheap 1 year add for us if we want a vet, and would reunite him and De Haan..
Top free agent goalies: Bobrovsky on the market

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Darling just went through hell this past year with the Canes and his family. He is a Chicago guy at heart and wants to play in Chicago. Low risk play for the Hawks at league min

Reactions: ColdSteel2

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Darling just went through hell this past year with the Canes and his family. He is a Chicago guy at heart and wants to play in Chicago. Low risk play for the Hawks at league min
Why did Darling take a leave of absence? Was it because he played like crap and wanted to blame someone else after being demoted? Were there legit personal concerns?

When you sign a contract for big money and don't perform, you have to take accountability. Without a good explanation of his leave of absence, I'll pass. If there is a good explanation, we can sign him to a minor league contract.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Another thing though can't blame all the goaltending woes for a team that gives up so many high percentage chances against but now with some of our prospects coming up and the addition of Dehann and Maatta we should be much better.
That is exactly why you look at Delia/Lankinen/Nalimov/Peeters this coming year. The defense should be better than it has been since 2016--at least on paper. The rookies shouldn't be shellacked every game because they either have untested rookies in front of them, a 13th FWD, and Statler and Waldorf. Further come the following year what with Debrincat needing to be signed you can also bet that likely one of Maata, DeHaan, or Murphy may be gone in leiu of one of our rookies. Right now the defense is as close to a guarantee to being tight what with the Last Act of a Desperate Stan.

That's the time when you give the rookie G a shot, and not kick the can a year down the road.

If the 'hawks bring in anyone else, it shouldn't be a "gimme" shot. Whoever they bring in should be competing as well as everyone else in my opinion.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

No thanks.

He’s not a particularly good goalie. He had his storybook moment. Nobody can or should try to take that away from him. But the Blackhawks are one of 31 teams in the NHL with better options than Scott Darling.

Reactions: Giovi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad