Speculation: Crawford

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He has only 1 year left on his deal. If he can play I dont they trade him, since there is no great option B in the horizon and they could ltir him this and next year

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
They have 2 of the best 3 players in the world on their team. They'll always be competitive. From 2011 to December 2015 they were almost exclusively carried by 87 and 71. Bad coaching, bad depth, bad vets in lineup slots they had business being in, etc...

They didn't do ****

You have a very different idea of what "they didn't do sh#t" means compared to me. Now the Hawks haven't done Sh$t since their last Cup.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
No one here on this board who may have sources or contacts within the hockey world give one iota of shit that they have them. Not one. No one’s stating they have a bit of inside information for the sake of “nana I know something you don’t know” and seeking attention from it or thinking they’re better than anybody else here. I can say that with 100% certainty, whatever the subject matter.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well if we are assured by certain posters with 100% accurate insider sources that it is not a head injury but something else causing vertigo (usually an inner ear orpblem)we can deduce it mist be because he was abducted by aliens as a youth an they put an implant in his ear which when activated causes vertigo!Thus the silence and total blackout of official explanation by the Hawks medical staff...fear in they would be laughibgstocks if they revealed the truth ...nobody would believe them anyway ...and of course the implant cannot be surgically removed because as they approach it it moves away from the forceps and they can never quite capture it ...

Alternatively he took some medication for a different problem and it had side effects causing vertigo /balance issues ..This explanation is very realistic because it happened to me when I took a psoriasis medication and I had to stop it...Luckily I recovered my balance issues and could walk again but it too about 5 weeks to get back to "100%"...maybe his reaction to the medication was even more severe than I'm my case and it is taking longer for his muscles and brain to recover from the side effects?

Thus we have 2 possible explanations for his getting the vertigo /balance issues. ..in the aliens caused it case it is to put there to believe ...in the side effects to medication issue there may be some legal liability the Hawks doctors do not wish to admit to ...as if they told him there was only a 1%minimal chance of side effects so he agreed to try the medication. .bit clearly he was in that 1% ...so who could have guessed that ? (Exactly what happened to me) ..

In any case we have 2 possible explanations. .but even IF one of these is the cause,it does not matter..what does is IF and When he gets back to 100% ...
:clap::clap:

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
No one here on this board who may have sources or contacts within the hockey world give one iota of **** that they have them. Not one. No one’s stating they have a bit of inside information for the sake of “nana I know something you don’t know” and seeking attention from it or thinking they’re better than anybody else here. I can say that with 100% certainty, whatever the subject matter.

Normally people don't correct others and follow up by pretty much saying "but I'm not going to tell you what the real issue is". At least say what it is in that case. That's the only thing I take issue with.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Normally people don't correct others and follow up by pretty much saying "but I'm not going to tell you what the real issue is". At least say what it is in that case. That's the only thing I take issue with.

It’s a tricky endeavor because website rules do not allow for things to be posted without citation or sources.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Which is pret ridiculous in reality. Like no one here EVER posts anything but fact backed up by credible links to that specific argument. Sure.

This is a bit different. We are not talking about a player being unhappy and someone hearing about it because they sat at the table next to them at Chicago Cut as we are not valid sources. Insiders like Bobby Mac, DD, and even our local guys like Scott Powers are valid sources for a reason.

These rule help eliminate the garbage that sites like reddit and hockeybuzz have. I would rather have the rules and not have to deal with the cesspool of trolls.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
You conveniently didn't comment on post #15 in this thread where I stated that I was referring to recent times, Not 3 years ago.

And yes, Hawks won 3 SC's in this era, but the 2018-19 season is almost upon us. Hawks were whipped in 4 straight 2 seasons ago and missed the playoffs last season. The current team has been dragged down by the incompetence of Stan/Q/McD (not necessarily in that order but all are guilty). Chicago is near the bottom of the league. Quit living in the past. And before I hear once again that the Blackhawks downfall was inevitable, look at what Pens are doing these days. The team remains competitive after winning Cups.

I know this is a Crow thread but regarding the difference between us and the Pens, some of our top players declining considerably doesn't help, meanwhile Crosby and Malkin are still pretty good players compared to our top two and that's been the difference, imo of course.

IF all of you here were given a choice right now would you swap Toews & Kane for Malkin & Crosby? easy choice and were right back on track. Who knows we still might get back there but our D needs an over haul and more salaries need to be dumped, we got old fast it seems.

Back to Crow, just a shame and if he's not able to play i wonder if the guys will feel that small seed of doubt if our backups do not get the job done. Hope things get rectified soon or this could be a very long season.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
:huh:

Ranta. Darling. Emery. Just to name a few. There's always a competent backup goalie here. Last year was the first year in a long long time. Not dwelling in the past? :laugh: You talked about the past by saying stan hasn't done a good job keeping a competent backup goalie in the ranks... when it has literally been one single season since 2008 that there wasn't one.

Keep that ridiculous Stan is garbage narrative going though, Bobby. :thumbu:

How on earth can people still think Stan is a good GM? As Bobby said, wake up and smell the coffee my friend.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
While it's good news Crow is progressing, I don't think we can count on him on Oct. or even in 2019. It's time to look for a young replacement going forward.

There's no reason the spread any rumors. So from Crow's interview, we know it's a medical condition and serious enough prevent him from practice. In fact, Crow seemed to imply that he can't be with his teammates much due to this medical condition.

If Crow can't go, who do we pick up in UFA next year?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Bad hockey opinions are one thing. Potentially libelous statements are something else entirely.
Stop with the "libel" thing. Proving defamation for a public figure is almost impossible on an anonymous board. If HF PURPOSELY publishes a report on Crow that's patently false and REFUSES to take down the article after being asked to due to the evidence, then the site is exposed to libel.

This is what happened to Rolling Stone in the UVA Rape Hoax. If they immediately retracted the story and issued an apology after the more than likely inaccuracies, it might have been not as bad. However, they kept the story up their site for weeks.

In regards to Crow's story, it's more about ethics and privacy issues. I don't think it's wrong to wonder out loudly about Crow's medical issues. That's fair game. Crow and the team have talked in public about it. However, the poster should make it known that they are guessing.

That said, when a poster starts "sourcing" the medical issue, that's violating doctor - patient privilege. It's a privacy issue. It's NOT illegal for the poster, but there's a question of ethics. Adam Shefter got hit with journalism ethic questions when he divulged the hand damage of JPP. However, no one was going to sue him for libel.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Stop with the "libel" thing. Proving defamation for a public figure is almost impossible on an anonymous board. If HF PURPOSELY publishes a report on Crow that's patently false and REFUSES to take down the article after being asked to due to the evidence, then the site is exposed to libel.

This is what happened to Rolling Stone in the UVA Rape Hoax. If they immediately retracted the story and issued an apology after the more than likely inaccuracies, it might have been not as bad. However, they kept the story up their site for weeks.

In regards to Crow's story, it's more about ethics and privacy issues. I don't think it's wrong to wonder out loudly about Crow's medical issues. That's fair game. Crow and the team have talked in public about it. However, the poster should make it known that they are guessing.

That said, when a poster starts "sourcing" the medical issue, that's violating doctor - patient privilege. It's a privacy issue. It's NOT illegal for the poster, but there's a question of ethics. Adam Shefter got hit with journalism ethic questions when he divulged the hand damage of JPP. However, no one was going to sue him for libel.

He's simply speaking to libel as it pertains to board rules... not legally speaking. AFAIK.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He's simply speaking to libel as it pertains to board rules... not legally speaking. AFAIK.
Thanks ... I didn't know.

I never practiced law, just stayed at a Holiday Inn and might have graduated law school YEARS ago ... however, I HATE the words libel, slander, defamation, etc. It's thrown around way too easily in today's society.

This is a message board. This is more about managing our community. It's more about the community keeping ourselves accountable. IN MY OPINION, I don't see anything wrong with posters wondering out loud about a HOCKEY injury. That's fair game.

The question is what information are we allowed to use? Obviously, we shouldn't use any sources from the medical / trainer profession. That's protected under doctor - patient privilege. However, if you hear rumors around the stadium or from other journalists, that's fair game. You just have to say so. Disney does it all the time. However, they source the rumors to a site. They allow the listeners to judge the credibility of the source (TMZ, etc.)

That's why I make fun of "Twitter" sources ... not the person who linked it (unless the source is absolutely ridiculous).

That's just my opinion. I'm sure HF has other guidelines ... which is fine because it's their site.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Okay, let's simplify things. If you want to post a major statement about a hockey personality's health, character, or general off-ice life, you need to have a verifiable source with a recognizable name backing that up. I don't think that's too imposing of a standard for discussion versus random internet sources that are impossible to verify or hold the person possibly making a false statement accountable.

We're all worried about Crow and we're all frustrated at how little we've heard on the record on his health given how staggeringly important he is to us, but at the very least I'd hope that Crawford would be given the benefit of the doubt that whatever issue he's dealing with that he's doing so to the best of his ability and that we'd respect him if there are any more underlying health issues that haven't been made public yet. If a major report comes out about something, we can absolutely suggest that. But nameless sources that random posters trust? Sorry, that's not passing a sniff test.

Reactions: LordKOTL

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Okay, let's simplify things. If you want to post a major statement about a hockey personality's health, character, or general off-ice life, you need to have a verifiable source with a recognizable name backing that up. I don't think that's too imposing of a standard for discussion versus random internet sources that are impossible to verify or hold the person possibly making a false statement accountable.

We're all worried about Crow and we're all frustrated at how little we've heard on the record on his health given how staggeringly important he is to us, but at the very least I'd hope that Crawford would be given the benefit of the doubt that whatever issue he's dealing with that he's doing so to the best of his ability and that we'd respect him if there are any more underlying health issues that haven't been made public yet. If a major report comes out about something, we can absolutely suggest that. But nameless sources that random posters trust? Sorry, that's not passing a sniff test.

My sources aren't nameless. But if I told you them, I'd have to kill you. ;)

Joking aside, I get it. My whole thing is I'm not going to ever divulge the name of my sources publicly, as then they become former sources, and I don't get inside info anymore. And it would affect me on a more personal level as well. These are people I talk to/see weekly, basically. I'm sure they'd also like to stay in the good graces of their contacts/connections within the organization, also. :thumbu:

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
One down year with their starter out and now they’re a doormat franchise?

Crawford and to a lesser extent Darling masked an imperial buttload of issues with respect to the team defense over the past 3-4 seasons. Anyone could realistically expect that losing a top-6 goalie would cause the team to plummet down the standings. But the fact of the matter remains that losing Crawford exposed all of the defensive issues with the skaters.

As for Crawford's situation I'm fatalistic about it. If he's done we're done. We don't have the D-prowess anymore to carry a subaverage goaltender--and we haven't since 2014--thus Ward isn't the answer (We'd need someone at the level of Crawford--like Holtby and you're not getting that for 3M). If not, we should have a fighting chance. But, whatever his issue is he should look out for himself #1. Since the 'hawks haven't really improved vs. last season no reason for him to go unless he is 100%.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Crawford and to a lesser extent Darling masked an imperial buttload of issues with respect to the team defense over the past 3-4 seasons. Anyone could realistically expect that losing a top-6 goalie would cause the team to plummet down the standings. But the fact of the matter remains that losing Crawford exposed all of the defensive issues with the skaters.

As for Crawford's situation I'm fatalistic about it. If he's done we're done. We don't have the D-prowess anymore to carry a subaverage goaltender--and we haven't since 2014--thus Ward isn't the answer (We'd need someone at the level of Crawford--like Holtby and you're not getting that for 3M). If not, we should have a fighting chance. But, whatever his issue is he should look out for himself #1. Since the 'hawks haven't really improved vs. last season no reason for him to go unless he is 100%.
I know it's reckless speculation ... but the emotion Crow displayed in the interview makes me wonder if he'll ever come back. At this point, I'm more concerned about his health post hockey. I wish Crow the best.

Reactions: Blue Liner

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Having the feeling CC will not be 100% and playing to start the season and probably not 100% and ready to play by mid-season at best, or perhaps ever again at worst,what happens to all this doom and gloom if Delia or Lankinen "surprise" at main camp andbore-seasonand show they are "ready" to stop the puck at the NHL level sufficient to become a goalie star in the league? Goalies are x factors on any team ...you cannot predict success for them which is why so few get picked in round one or sometimes even in round two of the draft ...Then it takes several years ...longer than most draftees to develop to be NHL ready if they have the talent to do that except for the rare few who can make the show within a yearcirctwo after drafted..Then you get college stares or perhaps older euro goalies who finally come over who come into the league to star ...we see it in collegecundrafteds like Belfort ..so maybe Delia can..or perhaps some no name "who"?like Lankinen surprises and then voila the worries about goaltending vanish. INA short time it very well ell could be Crawford who ...as the new guy turns into a star in net ..

Point is w e simply do not know..The candidates will get a chance ..it is up to them to seize the opportunity. .Can you bank on this happening?Of course not..but to write them off before their test by trial is also foolish..Goalies are strange x factors and you just never know ..So we shall see ..but it may not be as bad as you think ...we shall find out.

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013
Okay, let's simplify things. If you want to post a major statement about a hockey personality's health, character, or general off-ice life, you need to have a verifiable source with a recognizable name backing that up.

Is this also supposed to apply to the main board when they accuse Hossa and league doctors of committing felony level insurance fraud?

Reactions: Blue Liner

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If you see accusations of outright criminal activity, then yeah, that would be against site rules. That being said, there's a mild difference between fans erroneously accusing Hossa/the Hawks of overstating the severity of his condition for cap circumvention reasons versus accusing them of criminal activities. That's more akin to people that claim that a draft lottery is rigged, for instance. Yes, if you follow the accusation to the logical extreme, that would be illegal fraud, but I highly doubt many, or any, are actually going that far with a baseless statement. Plus, it'd also be another thing to claim an unnamed source outright saying that that's a thing that's happening.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Yes, proving it is very tough. Suing for it isn’t. The rule is almost entirely to prevent potential headaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad