Speculation: Crawford

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You actually just made some **** up to try and criticize Bowman, but its not a narrative you're pushing? Seems likely...

You conveniently didn't comment on post #15 in this thread where I stated that I was referring to recent times, Not 3 years ago.

And yes, Hawks won 3 SC's in this era, but the 2018-19 season is almost upon us. Hawks were whipped in 4 straight 2 seasons ago and missed the playoffs last season. The current team has been dragged down by the incompetence of Stan/Q/McD (not necessarily in that order but all are guilty). Chicago is near the bottom of the league. Quit living in the past. And before I hear once again that the Blackhawks downfall was inevitable, look at what Pens are doing these days. The team remains competitive after winning Cups.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Stan is not going anywhere. I will judge how his young draftees and 2019 UFAs do next year. Ward, Manning, Kunitz, Kruger, etc. ... we aren't going to do much this year even with Crow . Perhaps we can sneak into the playoffs with a healthy Crow, but that's not the goal. I have my eyes in 2019 and then will make an assessment on Stan.

In regards to Q, I believe we give way too much credit and blame to coaches.

Agree with the points you make in the first paragraph.

WRT, the second paragraph, one can find examples to back up virtually any point of view. Rather easily, in most cases. Thing about Q is that his shelf life, with this team, expired awhile ago. And that isn't going to change. The only reason he hasn't been canned is history.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You conveniently didn't comment on post #15 in this thread where I stated that I was referring to recent times, Not 3 years ago.

And yes, Hawks won 3 SC's in this era, but the 2018-19 season is almost upon us. Hawks were whipped in 4 straight 2 seasons ago and missed the playoffs last season. The current team has been dragged down by the incompetence of Stan/Q/McD (not necessarily in that order but all are guilty). Chicago is near the bottom of the league. Quit living in the past. And before I hear once again that the Blackhawks downfall was inevitable, look at what Pens are doing these days. The team remains competitive after winning Cups.

Pens also didnt do shit for like 6 years after their 09 cup. It takes time to retool.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yes, my point was to look at Pens over last ten years. Cool, they won 2 cups to catch Hawks. Also did nothing for 6 years and took them longer to catch up.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
It’s not just money for goalies like Ranta and Darling. They want to be the #1 man between the pipes and that wasn’t happening with Crawford.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
And I believe their farm system is terrible now and nothing new is coming. It does take time to retool.

I just don’t understand why it should be held against the Hawks that it took Pittsburgh more years and back to back wins just to tie them. Weird alternate universe hfboards lived in.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It's not a head injury. And I can say that with 100% confidence.

Ok then. If its not a head injury but is “upper body” and its not some kind of elbow/shoulder/wrist type thing then it must be something internal that is serious if its not sorted by now. Irregular hearbeat or some kind of heart issue?
If that’s the case its the same as a head injury, too serious of an issue to take any chances.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sorry I even brought Pens into the conversation. They were never one of the doormats of the NHL like Hawks have been recently.... but the apologists will always find an excuse. I should have known.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Agree with the points you make in the first paragraph.

WRT, the second paragraph, one can find examples to back up virtually any point of view. Rather easily, in most cases. Thing about Q is that his shelf life, with this team, expired awhile ago. And that isn't going to change. The only reason he hasn't been canned is history.

And the 6 M they owe him for a couple more seasons.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Pens also didnt do **** for like 6 years after their 09 cup. It takes time to retool.

They made the playoffs every year including an ECF appearance and the 2nd round twice. They were solidly a playoff team and some years a legitimate contender for the Cup. This is what I envisioned for the Hawks after the 1988 extensions. Being a solid contender but never having the depth to get back to the Finals but Seabrook's contract/play and Crawford's injury happened.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Ok then. If its not a head injury but is “upper body” and its not some kind of elbow/shoulder/wrist type thing then it must be something internal that is serious if its not sorted by now. Irregular hearbeat or some kind of heart issue?
If that’s the case its the same as a head injury, too serious of an issue to take any chances.

I think it's related to falling down in nightclubs.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
[mod]

Whatever his condition, sure hope he's getting better and makes a full recovery. Based on his comments this weekend, I think it's pretty doubtful that he'll be ready to go by the opener.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
It's not a head injury. And I can say that with 100% confidence.
Head injury implies head trauma. It's been reported that Crawford was dealing with vertigo which can be the result of a concussion. However, vertigo is more often associated with inner ear issues which are not easily treated.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well if we are assured by certain posters with 100% accurate insider sources that it is not a head injury but something else causing vertigo (usually an inner ear orpblem)we can deduce it mist be because he was abducted by aliens as a youth an they put an implant in his ear which when activated causes vertigo!Thus the silence and total blackout of official explanation by the Hawks medical staff...fear in they would be laughibgstocks if they revealed the truth ...nobody would believe them anyway ...and of course the implant cannot be surgically removed because as they approach it it moves away from the forceps and they can never quite capture it ...

Alternatively he took some medication for a different problem and it had side effects causing vertigo /balance issues ..This explanation is very realistic because it happened to me when I took a psoriasis medication and I had to stop it...Luckily I recovered my balance issues and could walk again but it too about 5 weeks to get back to "100%"...maybe his reaction to the medication was even more severe than I'm my case and it is taking longer for his muscles and brain to recover from the side effects?

Thus we have 2 possible explanations for his getting the vertigo /balance issues. ..in the aliens caused it case it is to put there to believe ...in the side effects to medication issue there may be some legal liability the Hawks doctors do not wish to admit to ...as if they told him there was only a 1%minimal chance of side effects so he agreed to try the medication. .bit clearly he was in that 1% ...so who could have guessed that ? (Exactly what happened to me) ..

In any case we have 2 possible explanations. .but even IF one of these is the cause,it does not matter..what does is IF and When he gets back to 100% ...

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Forget the vertigo. That was puked up by the senile Bowman who is probably drooling as I type this. Why would anyone think he has a clue about Crawford?

The fact of the matter is we can't handle the truth. It would absolutely kill us.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why would anyone think he has a clue about Crawford?

The fact of the matter is we can't handle the truth. It would absolutely kill us.

Because that is how the NHL works. Teams and their front offices know what is wrong with a player. Anyone that can type without drooling on their keyboard knows this.

Disclosing the actual issue or the fact that he can’t play kills any leverage that the Hawks have if they must trade for a goalie and puts them at a serious disadvantage from a negotiation standpoint. Again, HIPAA comes into play as well.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
They made the playoffs every year including an ECF appearance and the 2nd round twice. They were solidly a playoff team and some years a legitimate contender for the Cup. This is what I envisioned for the Hawks after the 1988 extensions. Being a solid contender but never having the depth to get back to the Finals but Seabrook's contract/play and Crawford's injury happened.

They have 2 of the best 3 players in the world on their team. They'll always be competitive. From 2011 to December 2015 they were almost exclusively carried by 87 and 71. Bad coaching, bad depth, bad vets in lineup slots they had business being in, etc...

They didn't do shit

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Disclosing the actual issue or the fact that he can’t play kills any leverage that the Hawks have if they must trade for a goalie and puts them at a serious disadvantage from a negotiation standpoint. Again, HIPAA comes into play as well.

Well lets just say it isn't THAT well held a secret. The other NHL teams all know whats going on and it will impact trade value down the road. But that may or may not be the next chapter of this soap opera. Stay tuned folks....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad