Pre-Game Talk: Crawford Chant

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I see what your saying, just disagree with it, I guess I`ve just never understood the chants/boo-ing stuff at games, when the game is on, these guys are focused

Actually if you talk to baseball players (who regularly comment on it), they disagree with you to an extent. I've rarely heard a goalie comment on it, but I can think of at least 1 instance where I saw it work vs Brodeur, and he said years later that it did indeed mess with him. A game he played in Ottawa in the playoffs. After 2 bad goals and endless chants, he let in another 4 and was yanked. Said he'd never seen a crowd get on him like that.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Actually if you talk to baseball players (who regularly comment on it), they disagree with you to an extent. I've rarely heard a goalie comment on it, but I can think of at least 1 instance where I saw it work vs Brodeur, and he said years later that it did indeed mess with him. A game he played in Ottawa in the playoffs. After 2 bad goals and endless chants, he let in another 4 and was yanked. Said he'd never seen a crowd get on him like that.

Never worked on Luongo in Boston. :sarcasm:

Actually, I doubt it affects a goalie at first, but if they've let in a softie, it might help to some small extent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad