Pre-Game Talk: Crawford Chant

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
All of us who are attending games 3 (and game 4 for that matter), lets get a Crawford chant going early. This building can be such an advantage and even if we can get into Crawfords head the slightest bit it can only yield positive results. Bottom line, let's make as much of an impact as fans possibly can in these couple of games, and give our boys a true home ice advantage.

Beyond stoked for tomorrow. Leaving work at 2pm and headed to the greatest city in the world.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
This may be a little wordy...but how about something like this:

coreyhaimandcoreyfeldmanusedtobepopularandnowtheyarenotandcoreycrawfordusedtobeagoodgoaliebutwillbeliketheothercoreysintermsofrelevanceafterthisseries

Might be hard to get that going though unless you have a good dozen guys going with you.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

coreyhaimandcoreyfeldmanusedtobepopularandnowtheyarenotandcoreycrawfordusedtobeagoodgoaliebutwillbeliketheothercoreysintermsofrelevanceafterthisseries

Might be hard to get that going though unless you have a good dozen guys going with you.

I think we'll just stick with the usual CRAAAWWFFOORRD, but hey, I appreciate your originality big fella.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
A couple of early Bruins goals will do wonders for Crawford's psyche. He's a top notch goaltender in this league. I don't really see how "chants" are going to rattle him. But have fun with it if that's your thing.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
A couple of early Bruins goals will do wonders for Crawford's psyche. He's a top notch goaltender in this league. I don't really see how "chants" are going to rattle him. But have fun with it if that's your thing.

My chant would rattle him to his core...make no mistake about that.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Am I the only one who hates that chant? It was great back in 86 when it was Daryl, but I hate it in general, and half the time it sounds like you are cheering for the guy

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Am I the only one who hates that chant? It was great back in 86 when it was Daryl, but I hate it in general, and half the time it sounds like you are cheering for the guy

Hence the need for creativity and from that comes the Corey references.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
All I can tell you is I used to play goal and if and when opposing fans would try to do chants, it only motivated me to play even better to shut them up and usually I did. Completely stupid thing to do IMO.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center

a dozen guys, each a dozen beers deep. well at least the math works anyway.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

My chant would rattle him to his core...make no mistake about that.

I'm guessing you would definitely have a bunch of people in the crowd and watching on TV wondering what the hell those guys are chanting. :laugh:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I'm guessing you would definitely have a bunch of people in the crowd and watching on TV wondering what the hell those guys are chanting. :laugh:

on the plus side you'd get to hear Doc say "and with 100 seconds left in the period coreyhaimandcoreyfeldmanusedtobepopularandnowtheya renotandcoreycrawfordusedtobeagoodgoaliebutwillbel iketheothercoreysintermsofrelevanceafterthisseries is the chant from the Boston faithful."

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
All I can tell you is I used to play goal and if and when opposing fans would try to do chants, it only motivated me to play even better to shut them up and usually I did. Completely stupid thing to do IMO.

Hated how the LA fans did this after every goal they scored. I'm all for it if the game is blown open or if it was a situation like Luongo in '11 where he was coming off a blowout and the first goal in the next game obviously shook his confidence, but I don't get doing the chant just to do it. Especially the way Crawford's been playing in this series, which has been pretty well.

I'm all for it if this game gets to like 3-1 or 4-1, but just starting this chant for fun seems like more enjoyment for the fans than actually "getting in his head".

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Last time when i was watching a game in hall (cheering for my only huge favourite ILVES, where Tuukka played his games in main league of Finland), I was psyching the opponents goaltender with real passion. I started with something like:

yelling the name and "the first will go over the glove"...and it did. Then i continued eith "next will go between pads"...and it did.

Next 4 i think didn't go exactly where i pointed them, but you get the point.

You have to get really inside the head of the goaltender and make him subconciously scare certain things.

With Corey, you should start to yell him already during the warming up that "remember how weak your gloce hand is". "every second shot on the glove hadn goes in corey" etc.

And in the game after every easy cherry picked up by glove, huge sighing and clapping the hands "good corey, you got it".

Actually i don't know how this matches the culture in NHL audience, cause i've never been there, but that's what i would do if i was there today unitl the guards would drag me out ;)

Anyway, good luck Tuukka and Boston! Just remember at least keep huge noise the whole game. I've never managed to get much voice out of my mouth after ice hockey game and neither should you who go there today!

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I will predict I have no voice left by the end of the first.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
on the plus side you'd get to hear Doc say "and with 100 seconds left in the period coreyhaimandcoreyfeldmanusedtobepopularandnowtheya renotandcoreycrawfordusedtobeagoodgoaliebutwillbel iketheothercoreysintermsofrelevanceafterthisseries is the chant from the Boston faithful."

:laugh::laugh:

i love this thread so much i want to live in it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How bout this, how bout the B`s pop a bunch of goals.....THAT, not a chant may be enough to get into his head

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: