Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (2017)

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I played this yesterday, it was alright

Never really got into Crash when I was younger, so I guess I don't have the nostalgia factor

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Into my veins.

I loved these games so much as a kid.

Mario 64 was obviously a classic, but it kind of abandoned straight-up platforming for exploration (outside of the bowzer stages, which were GLORIOUS).

Crash Bandicoot at the time felt like a more direct evolution of traditional platforming like Mario and DKC.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
never got into crash but i definitely love the old school style. will get for sure

Win Jiggys Loft

Jun 16, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Does anyone know if there's any in-game bonuses if you pre-order?

I preordered at GameStop and you get a free Aku Aku keychain. I never preorder games because I think it contributes to the downward trend of the industry but I decided to be a hypocrite here because these are my favorite games of all time and I'm a sucker for anything Crash.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
its on its way via mail right now. should be here any minute cant wait

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
100% completed Crash today, 1 Platinum down, 2 to go!

I start Crash 2 tomorrow!!

Nice! We have half of the gems in 1, three floors completely done in 2, and I think we're missing a few in the first 10 or so levels of 3. We're still getting used to the jumping. High Road used to be my favorite level, but it's killing me now. I had to walk the ropes to get the gem.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm getting through 2 a lot faster than 1 but I'm having a tougher time with 2. 1 obviously had its hard levels but I only struggled on a handful of them. I find myself dying in most of the levels in 2 for either dumb reasons or those damn Death Levels.

99 lives trophy came easy in C1 just from doing time trials and going after coloured gems. I could barely get passed 25+ in C2. I used the lives hack to get the trophy :laugh:

SPOILER for anyone who wants to know how to get easy lives in C2
[spoil] In Bee-Having go to a beehive and wait for about 2-3 bees to come out then do the slide/spin attack into them, killing them all as or before they come out of the hive. This gives you a life. Apparently you could do this with the PS1 version!!? I was not aware of this hack [/spoil]

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm enjoying this after being a bit disappointed in my purchase with Wipeout (an alright game but just didn't scratch the fzero itch I had). That said, I really hate game over screens

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Just got this for Xbox, really fun

Surprisingly challenging. I replayed Crash 3 last year and was surprised how easy it was. So far playing Crash 1 it definitely seems much harder

Platformers are still so fun to me. I have never been able to get into the current generation of games like Skyrim, Call of Duty, Fallout, etc

Simple games like Crash and Spyro I enjoy so much more

I hope they'll do more remasters after the Spyro one. Gimme a remaster of Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash, and Ape Escape

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I also just got it for Switch, and I love it. I agree that it's surprisingly challenging. I've been playing through Crash 1, and there are a few brutally tough levels. I read that they made them more difficult than the original due to the physics, and I can see that, as I don't remember it being that tough.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I hope they'll do more remasters after the Spyro one. Gimme a remaster of Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash, and Ape Escape

CTR and Crash Bash, holy cow that's a blast from the past. I'd pay big money for both if they came to Xbox. Just don't make me wait a year or something please.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad