Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (2017)

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I also just got it for Switch, and I love it. I agree that it's surprisingly challenging. I've been playing through Crash 1, and there are a few brutally tough levels. I read that they made them more difficult than the original due to the physics, and I can see that, as I don't remember it being that tough.

Have you done Stormy Ascent yet? I decided to try it last night and holy shit

I started with like 60 lives and had 5 left at the end. I was just glad I made it

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Have you done Stormy Ascent yet? I decided to try it last night and holy ****

I started with like 60 lives and had 5 left at the end. I was just glad I made it
No, I've been saving that until I at least get through all the levels for the first time. I've heard stories like this before though. :laugh: I might have to farm some lives before attempting it.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
No, I've been saving that until I at least get through all the levels for the first time. I've heard stories like this before though. :laugh: I might have to farm some lives before attempting it.

I had actually farmed 99 lives at one point, and then The High Road and Stormy Ascent got me down to 5 somehow :help:

I suppose some of that may have been from moral hazard, as in because I had 99 lives I was being more reckless than I would've with only a few

After beating Stormy everything else has seemed like a breeze, I feel like it made me a lot better

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Got the trilogy on xbox and i'm enjoying it so far. First game was interesting, but **** those bridge levels. They weren't nearly as brutal in the original game. Can't even use the ropes this time around because of the wonky physics.

Pro tip: If you're having a tough time getting the red gem from slippery climb. Go try stormy ascent. That level will teach you the true meaning of razor thin jump timing. Lord help us :laugh: Getting any of the gems after that seemed easy.

I also question why they included relics in this game as well. Some of the levels are great for it (lights out, the lab, fumbling in the dark, etc) but others...not so much (anything that requires precise, slower platforming, which is like half the levels. Or levels that you literally can't beat any faster like the warthog ones)

Glad i bought them tho. Need more platformers these days.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Playing Crash 3 now since i 100%ed 1 and 2 (not super big on the relic stuff) and i have to say this game thus far is absolutely garbage compared to the first two.

In 2 you could see a pretty solid progression in level design, but 3 feels like they ran out of ideas and were like "here's a bunch of empty junk/vehicle levels that aren't really that fun to play. The jetski level in particular.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Playing Crash 3 now since i 100%ed 1 and 2 (not super big on the relic stuff) and i have to say this game thus far is absolutely garbage compared to the first two.

In 2 you could see a pretty solid progression in level design, but 3 feels like they ran out of ideas and were like "here's a bunch of empty junk/vehicle levels that aren't really that fun to play. The jetski level in particular.

Always thought that back then. Crash 1 and 2 are my favorites, but Warped I can do without.

Spyro on the other hand? Riptos Rage and YOTD are my favorites, Spyro 1 I can pass on.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Always thought that back then. Crash 1 and 2 are my favorites, but Warped I can do without.

Spyro on the other hand? Riptos Rage and YOTD are my favorites, Spyro 1 I can pass on.

Wow, we have completely opposite tastes.

Crash 3 is my favourite, Crash 2 is pretty good and Crash 1 is not that great (my personal opinions, obviously).

Spyro 1 is my favourite, but 2 and 3 are also great. But Spyro one is so OG.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Wow, we have completely opposite tastes.

Crash 3 is my favourite, Crash 2 is pretty good and Crash 1 is not that great (my personal opinions, obviously).

Spyro 1 is my favourite, but 2 and 3 are also great. But Spyro one is so OG.

What drew me into Spyro 2 and 3 were the different abilities and different partners you can tag along with. Just being able to swim in 2 and 3 was so cool to me but in 1 if you touched water you drowned!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Alright not all of the vehicle levels are bad. The plane ones are pretty good.

I'm struggling to finish it. It's a shame because i 100%ed 1 and 2 (everything minus the relics) and really wanted to do it for the third but ugh, so much extra legwork. Have no desire to revisit some of those levels.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
What drew me into Spyro 2 and 3 were the different abilities and different partners you can tag along with. Just being able to swim in 2 and 3 was so cool to me but in 1 if you touched water you drowned!

Fair enough. I loved the storyline of Spyro 1 (plus Tree Tops was an amazing Level), but Spyro is a lot more creative in 2 and 3. Even the Romeo and Juliet levels, the Palace one, those ones stick out in my head as super fun and interesting levels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->