Post-Game Talk: Craig's new love comes to town ... Mild at Preds 2/29/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Rare that you see the full logo on the tron.

20240229_211652.jpg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Winner Pie vs the Mild. Very $weet. Thank you. Cole and Yak, first slices! Ice cream, whipped cream for all.

Go Preds!

We made it Seven.

I was talking to my seatmate and we have different memories. He remembers us having a 10 game win streak in the 2017-18 season, I only remember an 8 game streak in 05-06. You stats whizzes, what say you?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Winner Pie vs the Mild. Very $weet. Thank you. Cole and Yak, first slices! Ice cream, whipped cream for all.

Go Preds!

We made it Seven.

I was talking to my seatmate and we have different memories. He remembers us having a 10 game win streak in the 2017-18 season, I only remember an 8 game streak in 05-06. You stats whizzes, what say you?
Your seat mate is correct. 10 games, from Feb 19 to March 8. Propelled us to the Presidents cup and Rinne to the Vezina

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
The un-nicknamed 1st line is up there with 1st year JOFA and 1st year HERD line as among the most enjoyable Preds lines I've watched. Gus Nyquist and Ryan O'Reilly...who'd have thunk it?
I really had never heard of Gus before he became a Pred. Didn't know a thing about him and had negative thoughts about getting him but boy was I wrong on that! Never was a fan or ROR either because he was a StLB and I do not like them living in IL. But again so glad he is on our team!

Is that typical that we don't like players till they become "our" players then we do? At least for these two it seems that way for me.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I always liked ROR because he was Cal's little brother. But now I loves him because he's ours.

Is it typical? I don't know. I have about a half dozen names I've followed over the years. TJ Oshie, Marc-Andre Fleury, Evgeni Malkin (because he did a cooking show WAY back when he was barely past rookie stage that was just hilarious) I like Ovi. And I know it's an unpopular opinion but I just get a kick out of Brad Marchand and ever since the All Star Game I haven't hated Patrick Kane. Not counting him here but I liked Paul Kariya LONG before he wore a Preds uniform. Edit: And Brent Burns. I love that guy.

I'd heard of Gus and knew he was considered somewhat highly but didn't know a lot about him. I like him NOW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad