Player Discussion Craig Smith

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Great signing.

Now, will JDB and Kase remember how to score goals? Will they score 25-30 goals? If not, adding Smith is not enough.

I'm hoping they add some more legit 2nd line scoring punch. And I'd like Studnicka to get a shot next season, probably on 3rd line. So that probably means moving out Bjork, Ritchie and JDB at least.

I think they'd like to give Kase a chance to show his stuff. But if he's not lighting the lamp part way into the season, trade him.

But will that also allow us to get the help on D we need?

I just want Debrusk to learn how to make plays again.

Keep him far away from Smith, who is primarily a shooter first.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
smart deal, excellent top 9 RW. shoots, goes to net, knows his own zone.
JDB for a young top 4 LD, sign another top 6 LW and move john moore out.
They need to get 2-3 F out

I’d go for Nate Schmidt if Vegas up against it after signing AP ~ he can play with McAvoy

Reactions: Root and neelynugs

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Good deal for a solid player. I mentioned it earlier this offseason when his name was brought up that i think he and Coyle would be a terrfic tandem on the third line.

Welcome aboard, Mr Smith!!

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
They need to get 2-3 F out

I’d go for Nate Schmidt if Vegas up against it after signing AP ~ he can play with McAvoy
Yep he’s a left shot guy who plays right. Hope it’s him another guy to watch is Alex Martinez 1 year left at 4.1 I believe

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
So, does this signing put to rest the wishful speculation of picking up Dadanov for RW? He does shoot left. Would he be in the mix if Sweeney strikes out on Hall?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yep he’s a left shot guy who plays right. Hope it’s him another guy to watch is Alex Martinez 1 year left at 4.1 I believe
I just watched Sweeney media zoom call

they likely will spend like they have Near Cup with 5-6% space for moves /bonus

Grzelcyk is getting a bump (my guess $3 M range) and Sweeney mentioned playing up

Zboril is getting his shot and good he looked ready in Providence

Chara tough to understand what they are doing but if they were that concerned he’d already be back

he mentioned left side by committee with handful of candidates

cited young D like Carlo stepping in and Zboril mentioned- my take away is he’s getting a long lock. He mentioned Vaakanainen. HF whipping boy Moore also in mix

said no contact with Pietrangelo camp

Reactions: Gordoff

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
lol seriously. Imagine if Bruins offseason was just a future 7th round pick and Kevan Miller resign
Obviously there was more to come but after an awful draft and only Miller which shouldn’t have happened anyway it’s easy to understand why confidence is low

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I just watched Sweeney media zoom call

they likely will spend like they have Near Cup with 5-6% space for moves /bonus

Grzelcyk is getting a bump (my guess $3 M range) and Sweeney mentioned playing up

Zboril is getting his shot and good he looked ready in Providence

Chara tough to understand what they are doing but if they were that concerned he’d already be back

he mentioned left side by committee with handful of candidates

cited young D like Carlo stepping in and Zboril mentioned- my take away is he’s getting a long lock. He mentioned Vaakanainen. HF whipping boy Moore also in mix

said no contact with Pietrangelo camp
Well isn’t Miller LD also? I have no problem leaving a spot for a kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad