Confirmed with Link: Craig Smith 5 years, 4.25M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
This is a fair contract. Look around the league at what guys have made that are 20+ goal scorers. He only has 3 less goals over the past two season that Neal does and he is much younger. Very happy to have Smith around for 5 more years.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Your getting paid for it and my scrutiny will just increase from here.

Byrdog's Craig Smith scrutiny meter:

giphy.gif

Smashville Spence52

Jul 3, 2015
Ekholm is playing 2nd pair its not going to be a surprise if he gets 3.5 to 4 and if Jones is not locked up early long term you can bet yer bippy theres more than one GM out there that will offersheet him over 5 mil to get a 1st pair guy. Pretty much the same with Foresberg they are going need to pay this guy or he will draw those offersheets. Just look at HF who are the players that everyone wants off this team??? Smith Wilson, Ellis????? Nope its Jones Failia and Forsberg and rightly so they are the closest to elite p[layers we have coming up. Neal is there as well as Weber and Rinne so if a GM wants to snag one of them next summer is the prime time. Like I said some time ago I can care less if Jones is here or not but Ekholm (LHD) and Foresberg we can't lose right now.

If you have a scenario where he can keep Eck, Jones and Forsberg and still have the ability to have a 1C and 2C and sign Neal the following year I would love see it because if Wilson gets 3.5 for multiple years I see no way. To retain all the players we want to.

Man I completely agree with you but it's one of those things where you hate to see Wilson go. I think we end up signing him to a one year deal, keeping him for these year or trading him. I'm loving Failias attitude right now. But I have a feeling if we let Wilson walk will regret it. But we can't lose forsberg, I think we need to start talking to him now. And i think we let ekl walk. I like him but I see us letting him go. Smith contract isn't god awful, but I wish he would have gave us a better discount then that. I was hoping 3.75 a year but no. You make great points man. Hate to see willy go though

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Man I completely agree with you but it's one of those things where you hate to see Wilson go. I think we end up signing him to a one year deal, keeping him for these year or trading him. I'm loving Failias attitude right now. But I have a feeling if we let Wilson walk will regret it. But we can't lose forsberg, I think we need to start talking to him now. And i think we let ekl walk. I like him but I see us letting him go. Smith contract isn't god awful, but I wish he would have gave us a better discount then that. I was hoping 3.75 a year but no. You make great points man. Hate to see willy go though

Yep, I agree I think we should sign Wilson for 1-2yrs with a reasonable price, say 3.5M/yr. By the contract ends we could trade him and free cap space for our young guns.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Wilson should sign a two year deal (I still think he demands one) and then be moved around the draft next year in addition with other pieces for a number one center if he doesn't progress at all year. If Wilson doesn't hit 45-50 points, I don't think he is a Pred beyond next year.

Something has to give at the forward position.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Wilson should sign a two year deal (I still think he demands one) and then be moved around the draft next year in addition with other pieces for a number one center if he doesn't progress at all year. If Wilson doesn't hit 45-50 points, I don't think he is a Pred beyond next year.

Something has to give at the forward position.

It's likely that the Predators would elect the 2yr option and just let arbitration play out completely if that's the path they want to take.

A team choosing a one year option would most usually be done to ensure that a player would still be a RFA at the end of that year. That doesn't apply in Colin Wilson's case- he'll be a UFA regardless.

Since Wilson filed for arbitration, Nashville can elect a one or two year contract term.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

I really doubt it will be Wilson the one moved, even though he probably should be. I have liked Wilson since we drafted him but he has just not put it together to be the player we need him to be. If he can be retained on a decent contract and moved down to 3rd line it would be a help but that depends on the other kids stepping up. Thats been an issue, Wilson could step up and have another 20+ goal season or regress to the mid teens. And honestly Smith could well do the same. This team needs both to step up otherwise it will be a long year. That can also be said for Neal as well he can't have another season of playing less than 1st line. If he does he may well be moved out. The entire point is to make this team better and the question is has it been made better? Sure potentially it will be better the 3rd line could not be worse. Nothing has been done to address the PP and with the 3 on 3 coming on that will cost points. Theres nothing to support that 3 on 3 will be ok when the PP was such a disaster most of last season. Both situations create more open ice and Lavi will need to find some kind of combination that they can capitalize on. There are four things that are going to hinge on the team first and foremost Pekka needs to rebound, the PP and 3 on 3 has to perform, faceoffs are more worrisome this year both Fish and Goose are another year older and at some point will drop off and there is no back-up plan. The faceoffs are key to puck procession and the entire team must must must get back to forechecking like they did the first half of last season. The roster has had more of a shake up than Poile intended I think, because he did say he was happy with the roster after the season. But he did go out and aquire some players. This is not the team with Arnott, Karyia, Sully, Dumont, Leggy, Erat who all had 5 or more years and could pretty much be predicted. This top six if full of IF's and hopes. And really not as talented minus FF9 who is in the dreaded 2nd year now.

Now to address those throwing punchs at me for Smith. No I do not have a poster to throw knives at nor a 15 sweater of any kind. The entire situation with my opinion of Smith started during the strike shortened year. When many of the same people here were promoting that Smith was 1st line material, I opposed that and was labled a the Smith Hater, which is fine. The same group still thought him to be 1st line even thru last season and even now some still pencil him in above Neal in there fantasy lines. However as recently as yesterday a couple of them admitted he was a "solid 2nd liner". Well hes sure paid that way now and dang sure needs to be for the next 5 years. The issue I still have is that he has had one season that supports what you folks think of him over 50 points. Until the last 20 games last year he was not on pace to break 20 goals or 40 points. And during his long streaches of being missing in action the big supporters he has here were absolutely silent. But boy come the offseason when there are no games the Smith worship is sickening. So please those of you that just love to rag on people who disagree with you read this. SMITH IS PAID TO PERFORM AS A TOP 6 PLAYER, HE AT TIMES HAS THE ABILITY AND I FULLY EXPECT HIM TO DO SO. If he does not you know who will be right there to rag on him. The next two seasons will make or break him most likely this season if he does not take a big swing and score 25 and close to 60 points he will be a overpaid player on this team not much different than what most here think of Nystrom or Goose who both have smaller roles they were signed to perform and both have met there expectations. They are not scoring forwards, so those who nitpick at them are not doing anything I don't with Smith. Again as much as I dislike the Smith situation I would be HAPPY AS HELL if he were to come out and score 30 goals like Horni did because this team needs it. But I still do not believe he is the guy.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I really doubt it will be Wilson the one moved, even though he probably should be. I have liked Wilson since we drafted him but he has just not put it together to be the player we need him to be. If he can be retained on a decent contract and moved down to 3rd line it would be a help but that depends on the other kids stepping up. Thats been an issue, Wilson could step up and have another 20+ goal season or regress to the mid teens. And honestly Smith could well do the same. This team needs both to step up otherwise it will be a long year. That can also be said for Neal as well he can't have another season of playing less than 1st line. If he does he may well be moved out. The entire point is to make this team better and the question is has it been made better? Sure potentially it will be better the 3rd line could not be worse. Nothing has been done to address the PP and with the 3 on 3 coming on that will cost points. Theres nothing to support that 3 on 3 will be ok when the PP was such a disaster most of last season. Both situations create more open ice and Lavi will need to find some kind of combination that they can capitalize on. There are four things that are going to hinge on the team first and foremost Pekka needs to rebound, the PP and 3 on 3 has to perform, faceoffs are more worrisome this year both Fish and Goose are another year older and at some point will drop off and there is no back-up plan. The faceoffs are key to puck procession and the entire team must must must get back to forechecking like they did the first half of last season. The roster has had more of a shake up than Poile intended I think, because he did say he was happy with the roster after the season. But he did go out and aquire some players. This is not the team with Arnott, Karyia, Sully, Dumont, Leggy, Erat who all had 5 or more years and could pretty much be predicted. This top six if full of IF's and hopes. And really not as talented minus FF9 who is in the dreaded 2nd year now.

Now to address those throwing punchs at me for Smith. No I do not have a poster to throw knives at nor a 15 sweater of any kind. The entire situation with my opinion of Smith started during the strike shortened year. When many of the same people here were promoting that Smith was 1st line material, I opposed that and was labled a the Smith Hater, which is fine. The same group still thought him to be 1st line even thru last season and even now some still pencil him in above Neal in there fantasy lines. However as recently as yesterday a couple of them admitted he was a "solid 2nd liner". Well hes sure paid that way now and dang sure needs to be for the next 5 years. The issue I still have is that he has had one season that supports what you folks think of him over 50 points. Until the last 20 games last year he was not on pace to break 20 goals or 40 points. And during his long streaches of being missing in action the big supporters he has here were absolutely silent. But boy come the offseason when there are no games the Smith worship is sickening. So please those of you that just love to rag on people who disagree with you read this. SMITH IS PAID TO PERFORM AS A TOP 6 PLAYER, HE AT TIMES HAS THE ABILITY AND I FULLY EXPECT HIM TO DO SO. If he does not you know who will be right there to rag on him. The next two seasons will make or break him most likely this season if he does not take a big swing and score 25 and close to 60 points he will be a overpaid player on this team not much different than what most here think of Nystrom or Goose who both have smaller roles they were signed to perform and both have met there expectations. They are not scoring forwards, so those who nitpick at them are not doing anything I don't with Smith. Again as much as I dislike the Smith situation I would be HAPPY AS HELL if he were to come out and score 30 goals like Horni did because this team needs it. But I still do not believe he is the guy.

Byrd,

Serious question. It seems your biggest hate on Smith is because he is in the top 6 making top 6 money, yet is streaky. This makes you question if he truly is top 6 material. If that is the case, where is all the hate on Neal? He is in the top 6, making top 6 money and is extremely streaky. I could be wrong, but it seems like there is a double standard here.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Byrd,

Serious question. It seems your biggest hate on Smith is because he is in the top 6 making top 6 money, yet is streaky. This makes you question if he truly is top 6 material. If that is the case, where is all the hate on Neal? He is in the top 6, making top 6 money and is extremely streaky. I could be wrong, but it seems like there is a double standard here.

All of those are are considerations for me. If you notice in the post I did address Neal and theres no double standard if he can't rebound he must be considered to be moved period. The difference is Neal has had over 20 goals every year in the league that's 7 years so he is going to get a little more lee way from me. Both Neal and Smith suffer from the quality of other players on there line in Nashville a issue Neal did not have before. Smith has one good year 2013 and one salvaged year last year where he squeeked out not being embarrassed in the last 20 games. Smith may or may not live up to his top 6 role. Neal has already done that year after year. The Smith contract term was a mistake IMO for that reason alone it is not a good idea to forego the last 2 year RFA contract on a player like Smith. It may be fine but it may be a disaster time will tell. For every one of these contracts that succeed one can find three that have failed be it a fall in production or injury. A few examples Jonathan Cheechoo, P.A. Parenteau, Jimmy Carson are three that come to mind easily there are many more who have one to three seasons and then are just flat out bad. Heck right now Mason Raymond whos numbers looks identical to what I expect Smith to do. Or close to home how about Martin Erat 4 20 goal seasons sprinkled thru his career. Its too early to say Smith will bomb but the chances are his potential has pretty much been met, forwards do not continue to get better after age 24 to 26 usually or defensemen from 26 to 28 most all plateau and start to regress. Smiths breakout was probably two years ago and if he tops that year this season that will probably be his career high. Then is the trip down. If he slides like Erat it will be ugly. Then again he could level off at 20 goals a year for three years then just disappear. If he broke out at 22 or 23 its a different situation but now chances are hes topped and by the end of the contract using many other average forwards he will struggle to hit 17 or 18 goals before the contract ends. He is not one the elite players that continue to perform into there 30's nor does he have a complete game like Fish or Leggy that will allow him more TOI. SO this season is IMO his last good year he will end up on 3rd line maybe as soon as next year and languish there until the contract is over or he is traded if that's possible with the 4.25.

Like I said before I would like for him to pot 30 and have 60 points that's what hes paid for under this contract and not to do so is a failure. The same holds true just the same for Neal who I do consider elite and if he fails he needs to be let go at some point.

I still stand by the point that Poile by next summer is at the top of the cap and decisions are much harder now. If I were guessing It will be Jones that will be the sacrificial lamb. Especially if Wilson is signed to a similar deal as Smith which I am nearly sure will happen. Not doing so and signing Jones will probably put the team in the less than 1 mil cap space for the next season with no flexability to sign someone if a major player like Sully had the back injury. Poile has signed himself into a box that will be impossible to escape from after next summer.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
All of those are are considerations for me. If you notice in the post I did address Neal and theres no double standard if he can't rebound he must be considered to be moved period. The difference is Neal has had over 20 goals every year in the league that's 7 years so he is going to get a little more lee way from me. Both Neal and Smith suffer from the quality of other players on there line in Nashville a issue Neal did not have before. Smith has one good year 2013 and one salvaged year last year where he squeeked out not being embarrassed in the last 20 games. Smith may or may not live up to his top 6 role. Neal has already done that year after year. The Smith contract term was a mistake IMO for that reason alone it is not a good idea to forego the last 2 year RFA contract on a player like Smith. It may be fine but it may be a disaster time will tell. For every one of these contracts that succeed one can find three that have failed be it a fall in production or injury. A few examples Jonathan Cheechoo, P.A. Parenteau, Jimmy Carson are three that come to mind easily there are many more who have one to three seasons and then are just flat out bad. Heck right now Mason Raymond whos numbers looks identical to what I expect Smith to do. Or close to home how about Martin Erat 4 20 goal seasons sprinkled thru his career. Its too early to say Smith will bomb but the chances are his potential has pretty much been met, forwards do not continue to get better after age 24 to 26 usually or defensemen from 26 to 28 most all plateau and start to regress. Smiths breakout was probably two years ago and if he tops that year this season that will probably be his career high. Then is the trip down. If he slides like Erat it will be ugly. Then again he could level off at 20 goals a year for three years then just disappear. If he broke out at 22 or 23 its a different situation but now chances are hes topped and by the end of the contract using many other average forwards he will struggle to hit 17 or 18 goals before the contract ends. He is not one the elite players that continue to perform into there 30's nor does he have a complete game like Fish or Leggy that will allow him more TOI. SO this season is IMO his last good year he will end up on 3rd line maybe as soon as next year and languish there until the contract is over or he is traded if that's possible with the 4.25.

Like I said before I would like for him to pot 30 and have 60 points that's what hes paid for under this contract and not to do so is a failure. The same holds true just the same for Neal who I do consider elite and if he fails he needs to be let go at some point.

I still stand by the point that Poile by next summer is at the top of the cap and decisions are much harder now. If I were guessing It will be Jones that will be the sacrificial lamb. Especially if Wilson is signed to a similar deal as Smith which I am nearly sure will happen. Not doing so and signing Jones will probably put the team in the less than 1 mil cap space for the next season with no flexability to sign someone if a major player like Sully had the back injury. Poile has signed himself into a box that will be impossible to escape from after next summer.

If he pots 30 goals, we got a steal on his contract.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i like the smith signing. and i expect 5 seasons of his best hockey ahead. sure he's been a streaky scorer as has wilson. but that's what the difference is in between being a good 1st line forward and a good 2nd line forward. and both are good second line forwards. if we're going to hate on players it should be the stalberg's and cullen's and jarnkrok's and bourque's of the team who all failed to perform to realistic expectations, not the 20 goal scorers on an offensive challenged team.

i don't worry over the money 'we' pay to players. not on a team with tons of cap room. just as i don't worry about what could happen 2-3 years from now cap wise. too many possibilities to spend any time trying to be a backseat GM. I prefer to just think and worry about hockey, not make believe future finances.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
i like the smith signing. and i expect 5 seasons of his best hockey ahead. sure he's been a streaky scorer as has wilson. but that's what the difference is in between being a good 1st line forward and a good 2nd line forward. and both are good second line forwards. if we're going to hate on players it should be the stalberg's and cullen's and jarnkrok's and bourque's of the team who all failed to perform to realistic expectations, not the 20 goal scorers on an offensive challenged team.

i don't worry over the money 'we' pay to players. not on a team with tons of cap room. just as i don't worry about what could happen 2-3 years from now cap wise. too many possibilities to spend any time trying to be a backseat GM. I prefer to just think and worry about hockey, not make believe future finances.

LMAO and what do you do for a living again. I understand where your comin from Steve but without looking at the futures your pretty much unemployed. And without flexability in two years we could well have Jarnkrok and CoHo as our 1c and 2C, now if this does not make your shorts sweat I don't know how to move you.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
LMAO and what do you do for a living again. I understand where your comin from Steve but without looking at the futures your pretty much unemployed. And without flexability in two years we could well have Jarnkrok and CoHo as our 1c and 2C, now if this does not make your shorts sweat I don't know how to move you.
You can't seriously think this is Poile's plan can you? Also it's a little hypocritical to call out someone's profession (not sure what that had to do with anything to begin with) for not knowing what they're talking about when you're criticizing the strategy of the longest tenured GM in the NHL. Agree with it or not Poile knows what he's doing, both now and long-term. So many of your doom and gloom scenarios are based on crazy down-the-road hypotheticals that have very little chance of ever coming to fruition, it's just something to ***** about in the mean time because there's not much else going on.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN

giphy.gif

We have 53M committed to 7F (including Fiala), 4D and a goalie. We will be fine. You are assuming guys like Jarnkrok, Moses and Hodgson pan out and need major contracts. I highly doubt all that happens.

We will be fine.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville

1. Again, things change. Maybe Kamenev breaks out. Maybe Edmonton wants to trade one of their young centers. Maybe a center falls into our lap Ribiero-style. Maybe Not. There's simply way too many variables to be accounted for.

At the beginning of last year, we were looking at a center position of damaged goods from Arizona in Ribiero, Fisher probably going to retire, and 2 guys at the end of the line in Roy and Jokinen.

That didn't make your shorts sweat?

10 months later, we have a legit #1C (albeit a low end one in Ribs), and Fisher is playing the best hockey of his career and both signed team friendly deals.

So, again - solutions will present themselves. They always do.

2. You're along for the ride anyway. I hate bringing this up because this is a message board and all the discussion is fun - but you can worry and fret and piss and moan and come up with all sorts of doomsday scenarios that might happen years from now. But none of that will matter because you don't have any say in it.

If you believe in Poile's track record, then don't worry about it because he'll figure something out. And if you don't believe in Poile, then don't worry about it either because he'll probably screw it up and you can't do anything about it anyway.

So, just enjoy the fact that in 2015, we have a pretty good team that might be able to do some damage come playoff time. And worry about 2017 when we get there.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Byrd, worrying about the cap on this team is actually kinda pointless. We have more flexibility than any contender going forward. The only scenario where we could get squeezed is if the cap actually goes down, and if that happens a whole lot of teams are gonna be way more screwed than we are. We have so many good cap deals that other GMs would kill for (Josi, Ellis, and even Weber are all cap hits between 1-3 million dollars under what they would cost if they had to be signed as UFAs today) that we should be the least worried about a coming cap crunch.

In fact, the only way I can envision a cap problem is if Forsberg and Jones are so good they command 14 million combined next summer, and we can somehow attract a real #1C after Ribs or Fish is gone and had to pay them 7-8 million. Then we might have a cap problem in three years but if so that will be a great problem to have

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
To all the "IFs" you can add CoHo may just round back into the form and promise he showed and we may have a 2C, assuming he wants to stay beyond this year.

All I know is Poile has given Lavi more pieces than we've seen in Nash since 07 - I am guardedly optimistic about what he can do with them.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
There are 5 reasons I am not worried about the cap

1. I believe Jones is going to be traded next off-season. It makes too much sense to me. It won't happen this year. Don't ask me why, it's just a gut feeling, especially with Fisher and Ribs leaving at the same time. Trading Jones after this year makes sense, especially if it is for someone like Drai who needs another year to prove his worth. He could come in during the 2016-17 season as a number three or two behind fisher and ribs and play protected minutes and special teams, growing him into a number one if we really wanted to go down that path.

2. I also think Wilson gets overtaken by one or more of Hodgson, Aberg, Fiala or Moses. Do not think he will be around past this year, even if he signs a two year deal.

3. Jarnkrok, Bourque, Hodgson and Moses aren't going to suddenly light the world on fire and get huge raises. I just don't see it. Hodgson has the best chance, and I think he will get a decent raise, but not Smith money.

4. Ekholm will sign a Ryan Ellis type contract. 2.75 for 4 years. You heard it here first.

5. Even if all the players from number 3 have career years and demand huge pay raises, you keep a couple and move a couple. You still have plenty of young players like Arvidsson, Aberg, Watson, maybe even Reinhart who can come in and take over bottom line duties for cheap.

Everything is peachy.Talk to me in 3 years when Ribs and Fish are gone.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
You can't seriously think this is Poile's plan can you? Also it's a little hypocritical to call out someone's profession (not sure what that had to do with anything to begin with) for not knowing what they're talking about when you're criticizing the strategy of the longest tenured GM in the NHL. Agree with it or not Poile knows what he's doing, both now and long-term. So many of your doom and gloom scenarios are based on crazy down-the-road hypotheticals that have very little chance of ever coming to fruition, it's just something to ***** about in the mean time because there's not much else going on.

Please be aware of what your talking about. Steve and I have been friends long before you even thought about posting on message boards. I get it you do not agree with me and if it upsets you so much put me on ignore. But please do not assume When I talk to 303 or many of the others here its like you talking to me. I have never met you but I am guessing there are 15 people on this board that I have met a number of times and consider as friends. And Steve and I can disagree on hockey at times but that does not effect the respect we have for one another. So your assumption has made a ass of you this time. And like I said feel free to block me because you don't agree with me. But I will not look at words on a screen and be offended by someone I have never met.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

1. I believe Jones is going to be traded next off-season. It makes too much sense to me. It won't happen this year. Don't ask me why, it's just a gut feeling, especially with Fisher and Ribs leaving at the same time. Trading Jones after this year makes sense, especially if it is for someone like Drai who needs another year to prove his worth. He could come in during the 2016-17 season as a number three or two behind fisher and ribs and play protected minutes and special teams, growing him into a number one if we really wanted to go down that path.

2. I also think Wilson gets overtaken by one or more of Hodgson, Aberg, Fiala or Moses. Do not think he will be around past this year, even if he signs a two year deal.

3. Jarnkrok, Bourque, Hodgson and Moses aren't going to suddenly light the world on fire and get huge raises. I just don't see it. Hodgson has the best chance, and I think he will get a decent raise, but not Smith money.

4. Ekholm will sign a Ryan Ellis type contract. 2.75 for 4 years. You heard it here first.

5. Even if all the players from number 3 have career years and demand huge pay raises, you keep a couple and move a couple. You still have plenty of young players like Arvidsson, Aberg, Watson, maybe even Reinhart who can come in and take over bottom line duties for cheap.

Everything is peachy.Talk to me in 3 years when Ribs and Fish are gone.

As long as GMDP is here, #1 does not happen. Poile would trade Weber before Jones, he has just too big of a man crush on him.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I think it makes more sense to trade Ellis, but point taken. I think two of Ellis, Jones and Wilson are gone in the not too distant future.

Agreed and I think Fiala is the guy who passes him.

Agreed again

Agreed x3. Would be a good contract for both sides.

I know you didn't say it would happen, but no, all of those guys aren't going to have years to warrant significant raises.

PS I'm shocked by the number of people willing to just mark down Moses as a guaranteed contributor on this team. If there's anyone on this team who's an uncertainty above everyone else, it's him.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Please be aware of what your talking about. Steve and I have been friends long before you even thought about posting on message boards. I get it you do not agree with me and if it upsets you so much put me on ignore. But please do not assume When I talk to 303 or many of the others here its like you talking to me. I have never met you but I am guessing there are 15 people on this board that I have met a number of times and consider as friends. And Steve and I can disagree on hockey at times but that does not effect the respect we have for one another. So your assumption has made a ass of you this time. And like I said feel free to block me because you don't agree with me. But I will not look at words on a screen and be offended by someone I have never met.
I've noticed over time that you guys know each other but that doesn't change the rest of my post. Even though it's exhausting at times to read negative scenarios down the road that won't happen, I'm not going to put anyone on ignore because that's absurd.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think it makes more sense to trade Ellis, but point taken. I think two of Ellis, Jones and Wilson are gone in the not too distant future.

Agreed and I think Fiala is the guy who passes him.

Agreed again

Agreed x3. Would be a good contract for both sides.

I know you didn't say it would happen, but no, all of those guys aren't going to have years to warrant significant raises.

PS I'm shocked by the number of people willing to just mark down Moses as a guaranteed contributor on this team. If there's anyone on this team who's an uncertainty above everyone else, it's him.

Absolutely agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad