[/fieldset]

[fieldset=HF OIL PROJECTED LINEUP]

CmiOD6u.png

[/fieldset]

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Somebody should bring up this quote at the press conference today and get MacT's take on it:

“Last year was such a debacle from start to finish in so many ways,†Oilers GM Craig MacTavish said, per TSN.ca, “that we are for sure going to better, it’s just a measure of how much.â€

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
fingers crossed that some, anyone *cough* Gregor *cough*, ask some really hard questions.

I want this pressor to be as Difficult and awkward as possible

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
very well played. Love this mockGDT.

Ok so here is where the fans give our predictions. So best case scenario, Bob Nicholson walks on the stage and hits MacT with a chair, and says the corporation is being dismantled today, and there will be a king of the ring tournament to determine our next GM.

Worst case scenario is.....well we already know what is in store of us. I hope someone lights his ass up

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Key phrases

We are on the right path
nelson maybe back. Problem is we can not control him
last 40 games were great
true fans believe others are not fan
nikiten was our best dman all year but there is room to improve
no room for roy

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Somebody better ask MacT when he's going to "Live or die on the Eakins hire".

That's the smoking gun question. Will any media wag have the balls to shout that one out for all to hear?

To me that's the one question that would be impossible to evade. I really want to see MacT's face should anybody lob that one.

koeltrain

Oct 27, 2005
E-town
Key phrases

We are on the right path
nelson maybe back. Problem is we can not control him
last 40 games were great
true fans believe others are not fan
nikiten was our best dman all year but there is room to improve
no room for roy

I never understood this one. Isn't it his job to make us believe? You know, by assembling something competitive.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Somebody better ask MacT when he's going to "Live or die on the Eakins hire".

That's the smoking gun question. Will any media wag have the balls to shout that one out for all to hear?

To me that's the one question that would be impossible to evade. I really want to see MacT's face should anybody lob that one.

He'd just get irritated and go on about how he wants to win and we need patience. With that said, I want this to be asked too. Someone tweet Gregor?

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
As much as I hated the Nikitin signing and Purcell trade, and as poorly as Scrivens flamed out this year or how Ference is a terrible (and terribly overpriced) defenseman, it does MacT and the Oilers exactly ZERO good to crap all over them in an end of season press conference.

All of those players are under contract for at least another year without much hope of being traded. They are his players, and his assets. Singling any of them out does nothing to improve the value of those assets, either on your team the following season, or should someone show an interest in acquiring them. Same with Schultz. He SHOULD continue to sing his praises to anyone who'll listen. I just don't think he should buy into the hype he hopes to create.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Not surprised by Bob starting what is obviously going to be a useless end of season presser from this team. Keep spinning their wheels in the vain attempt that somehow this team is visually better. At the end of the day wins and losses determine the path of your team. The Oilers regressed from last year, the kids are getting older and the same holes that have plagued the team for years are still the same issues today.
A horrendous organization which starts at the top with rampant cronyism and a MSM that barely asks any hardball questions.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Just resign MacT. Go out on a high note (or at least as high as this franchise gets).

I foolishly had hope that the hiring of Nicholson and Green meant that plans were in place to can Lowe and MacT as season's end. But if they are letting MacT do a year end presser, I can put that idea to bed.

The only question I have is, can MacT go for the three-peat? Three years of consecutively worse finishes. Is that enough to get these clowns fired, or another vote of confidence?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I foolishly had hope that the hiring of Nicholson and Green meant that plans were in place to can Lowe and MacT as season's end. But if they are letting MacT do a year end presser, I can put that idea to bed.

The only question I have is, can MacT go for the three-peat? Three years of consecutively worse finishes. Is that enough to get these clowns fired, or another vote of confidence?

Been saying for awhile that Nicholson is just another crony. No indication of change whatsoever in this organization.

It's not often I'm jealous of Toronto but they're doing exactly what I hope we'd be doing.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site

He will be promoted to some made up position with Buchberger, Messier or even Eakins becoming the g.m.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'll do my part in this battle:

Egyptian-tanks1651.jpg

But seriously, is it going to be the same, empty promises from MacT and softball questions from the media?

Is ANYBODY going to step up here? Is anybody going to actually answer the questions we at HF have asked over and over and over again?

Or are they going to projectile vomit their responses with the same rehashed answers that grow on them like an itchy fungus that just cannot quite be scratched?

I'm getting tired of this **** already.

Last edited:

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Been saying for awhile that Nicholson is just another crony. No indication of change whatsoever in this organization.

It's not often I'm jealous of Toronto but they're doing exactly what I hope we'd be doing.

I hear you on that. It was pretty obvious no housecleaning was going to be done here and the only thing we can gather from the "FORENSIC AUDIT" was the promotion of Bob Green. When Katz and his cronies are running the team who would believe an audit would uncover this was their doing.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
"I tried to acquire Shea Weber and Pekka Rinne but wasnt able to secure a deal as it is incredibly difficult to negotiate terms over their hysterical laughter...but I tried."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad