Craig Cunningham Collapsed Before Roadrunners Game

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I would guess it was cardiac arrest rather than a heart attack, given that it was a sudden and abrupt collapse.

Probably correct.

ginormous.jpg

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He was still in critical condition yesterday morning. Don't know anything else.

It'd be nice to hear something "official."

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The thing that worries me - and I hate speculating on these types of things - is that in certain cases of cardiac arrest, if the brain is deprived of oxygen for long enough it results in brain damage. I am desperately hoping they got him stabilized in time to avoid that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yikes. Stable but critical is not usually a good thing. Hoping for the best.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Wow, the fact they postponed the games makes fear the prognosis is quite grim. Godspeed Craig.

Edit: Stable but critical condition. Hope he improves soon.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Cancelling games and still in critical condition is not a cheery sign.

TheWestWing

Nov 22, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Does anyone know if he's at Carondelet Heart? We're going down there to the Griswalds on T'giving and would like to drop off dinner for his family.

We'd prolly be a nuisance but that wouldn't be the first time...

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Does anyone know if he's at Carondelet Heart? We're going down there to the Griswalds on T'giving and would like to drop off dinner for his family.

We'd prolly be a nuisance but that wouldn't be the first time...

McKenzie reported he's at Banner University Medical Center in Tucson.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
https://www.nhl.com/news/milan-lucic-says-craig-cunningham-has-progressed-a-lot/c-284088548

Cunningham, 26, remains in critical but stable condition and has not regained consciousness since collapsing before Tucson played Manitoba.

"The good news is he's progressed a lot from the state he was in last weekend," Lucic said. "He's heading in the right direction, but obviously there's a lot more progression and healing to be done. I can't go into [details] too much more than that.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
On a flight this past month, there was an interesting article within the in-flight magazine regarding the use of therapeutic hypothermia for cardiac arrest. As was said, b/c there is less oxygen to the brain and other areas of the body during cardiac arrest, even surviving can lead to some brain and organ damage.

The article spoke about how inducing hypothermia was linked to a sharp increase in maintaining neurological function and helping the body get back to normal.

http://www.cchosp.com/cchpage.asp?p=1581

Interesting read from 2011 - apparently this had not been on the forefront of the medical world until very recently. My hope is that this was used to help Cunningham get back to health.

My prayers are with him and family...

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Has there been any more news in a post game report or such? I know there's been a bit more recent news with his recovery, but everything still is pretty vague.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad