Craig Berube

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I rather just ride it out with Berube & hit the reset button in the offseason. We'll get a better selection of coaches as well as more time time to to do a thorough search in the offseason. The silver lining is that Berube is likely driving this team into the lottery.

Maurice has taken the same players in Wpg and the same goalie who was the worst in the NHL and made them a very good defensive , aggressive puck hungry team with killer numbers. Him coming in half way through the season he says was huge to have the time to set things up for the summer. If their guy is available, fire the idiot now.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Maurice has taken the same players in Wpg and the same goalie who was the worst in the NHL and made them a very good defensive , aggressive puck hungry team with killer numbers. Him coming in half way through the season he says was huge to have the time to set things up for the summer. If their guy is available, fire the idiot now.

They might not have a guy right now. I'm fine with riding it out & waiting until the summer. We'll probably have a good amount of new faces next year so I'm not concerned about getting a leg up on getting players familar with a new coach & systems this early.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Ok so we fire Berube. Who do we hire and why does their system benefit the team?

Seriously question I wonder how many of you can even answer it.

Let me go hit up some coaching candidates I have on speed dial and interview them. I'd call Babcock but he's busy right now.

Seriously though, that's not our job and we don't have the access needed to answer that like the organization does. Most people, myself included, would also rather wait out the season at this point and fire Berube as soon as the season ends. We're far down the standings and our team is bad so no point in ruining the extremely high pick Berube is heading us towards, just like there's no point in rushing yet another coaching position mid-season which would only likely lead to yet another unqualified in-house hire.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Someone brought up Benoit Groulx (Giroux's coach in the Q) before and I'd be interested. That is if his Canada team doesn't under perform at the worlds this year.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
1- Increase Raffl, Laughton and Bellemare by 2min a game even strength

2- Decrease Vinny and Umberger by 3min a game even strength

3- Have Raffl replace Umberger's PPTOI

Leaving the fourth line of Umberger-Vinny-Rinaldo with as few minutes as possible.

Current Even Strength TOI/G:

Claude Giroux 17:19
Jakub Voracek 15:25
Sean Couturier 14:48
Brayden Schenn 14:26
Wayne Simmonds 14:05
Matt Read 14:02
Michael Raffl 12:51
R.J. Umberger 11:43
Vincent Lecavalier 11:26
Scott Laughton 11:13
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare 10:42

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
No former bullies? :sarcasm:

I wouldn't mind an up and coming assistant coach or someone outside the NHL. I'm sure Hextall is putting a list together.

Guys that have taken less blows to the noggin' and are less of a part of the rampant boys club o nepotism, yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad