Proposal: Craig Anderson to _____ ?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Anderson for a younger or shakeup goalie

Andy isn’t doing terrible considering the shots he is usually facing and the poor D. His value is probably as high as it will be now or closer to the TDL.

I’d like him until the TDL so he can hopefully attract a possible playoff team needing a better goalie or if any gets injured. After that I think it’s time for him to go.

Depending on the goalie I wouldn’t mind adding. All names below are just who I’d assume would be swapped. Not saying 1/1

Teams I see possible:
Flames (Rittich)
Flyers (Stolarz)
Blues (Allen)
Canes

Doubtful but would be nice
Devils (Kinkaid)
Sabers (Hutton)
Gru or Var would be nice but I don’t see any possibility of a deal there.

Is there any other teams who would have interest out there?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Blues make a lot of sense, but man, Allen is not very good.

Maybe Stalock in Minnesota? He and Dubnyk looked like they stumbled out of a clown car against the Oilers last night.

Reactions: zaqq

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He’s not playing well at the moment, but thankfully he has half a dozen seasons of strong play and a Vezina finalist to say that yes, Dubnyk is a good goalie. A very good goalie. On a great contract.
nah the wild are just the best shot quality limiting team in the league. consistent meh corsi team and consistent elite team by metrics like HDCF% and xGF%. Dubnyk is a below average goalie and has been for his whole career.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
No team is trading you a younger and better goalie for 37 year old Anderson. You might be able to unload him for free if a team gets desperate due to injuries. That team is not currently the Flames.

Reactions: Beville

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm content to just let Stolie ride it this year to see what he's got. Anderson probably makes sense to fit the "make the playoffs now" narrative but I don't see the point - we aren't winning anything if we even get there, may as well see what Stolie is instead. Played really well lately, especially today

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Having one more year on his deal after this really hurts. He'll be 38 years old for the entirety of next year's regular season and 39 by the third round of the playoffs, if the team picking him up has any aspirations to get that far.

I like the proposed trading Reimer for him. That would be a good deal for the Panthers, as it gets rid of a year of Reimer's contract. That would be one ancient tandem in Luongo and Anderson, but I think I take Anderson over Reimer if Reimer has a year longer in term.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Andy is as solid as they come.Ottawa defense err well....That has been a problem for many a moon

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Not sure how you get a better goalie this way. Maybe it’s OK if you want to see what you can get at the deadline but the return might not (most likely) be a goalie especially a better one.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Having one more year on his deal after this really hurts. He'll be 38 years old for the entirety of next year's regular season and 39 by the third round of the playoffs, if the team picking him up has any aspirations to get that far.

I like the proposed trading Reimer for him. That would be a good deal for the Panthers, as it gets rid of a year of Reimer's contract. That would be one ancient tandem in Luongo and Anderson, but I think I take Anderson over Reimer if Reimer has a year longer in term.

No idea why Senators would want Reimer unless they are adding something decent.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Not sure how you get a better goalie this way. Maybe it’s OK if you want to see what you can get at the deadline but the return might not (most likely) be a goalie especially a better one.

I don’t necessarily want a better goalie, just a stopgap one until one of our younger ones emerge and show they can hold their own. Hense is why I’m aiming for younger, not better.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No idea why Senators would want Reimer unless they are adding something decent.
I agree. This would benefit the Panthers only. But Dorion and Melnyk have served up some laughers in the last couple years.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I don’t necessarily want a better goalie, just a stopgap one until one of our younger ones emerge and show they can hold their own. Hense is why I’m aiming for younger, not better.
OK. Is Gustavson expected to make the leap next year? If so, that could work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad