Craig Anderson: The Best In The League?

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I meant when every goalie is hot, not in general. When Quick is on his game, he's not human.

Watch playoffs last year against San Jose after they were down 3-0. He put the team on his back.

San Jose did everything imaginable in game 7 to win the game. They just could not and would not beat him.

But in general I'd take Rask and Lundqvist over Quick, yes.

Fair point. He's very mobile, and had excellent reflexes. He doesn't play a style that I like, though. Price too, in 2012-13. He reigned it in in 2013-14 and was excellent. Goalies shouldn't play like super-equipped shot-blockers.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Too soon. Way too soon.

This has bad karma written all over it.

=) Perhaps.

I will not say that Anderson is with absolute certainty a top-five goalie in this league.... but one some nights, he is. I would take Quick, Luongo, Fleury, Price, Hiller, Miller, and Lundqvist before Anderson if the choice were ever available. Nevertheless, he can win you a Stanley Cup,... just like Howard, Osgood, Fleury, Ward, Giguere, Crawford, and other goalie's have, to name a few.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
=) Perhaps.

I will not say that Anderson is with absolute certainty a top-five goalie in this league.... but one some nights, he is. I would take Quick, Luongo, Fleury, Price, Hiller, Miller, and Lundqvist before Anderson if the choice were ever available. Nevertheless, he can win you a Stanley Cup,... just like Howard, Osgood, Fleury, Ward, Giguere, Crawford, and other goalie's have, to name a few.

Really? Fleury? Yuck. Grass is always greener on the other side I suppose. I think Anderson probably falls somewhere in the middle tier, after the top guys, but somewhat interchangable with the next group. Given that he's a known commodity for us, I wouldn't trade him for anyone who is not a clear upgrade (not considering age)

Also worth noting: Giguere was for a short time a truly elite goalie, Osgood won behind a juggernaught, though he was a good bend don't break goalie, Crawford again, Juggernaught, and why is Howard on a list with goalies to win the cup? Does playing 4 reg season games as a call-up make him a SC winning goalie?

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Really? Fleury? Yuck. Grass is always greener on the other side I suppose. I think Anderson probably falls somewhere in the middle tier, after the top guys, but somewhat interchangable with the next group. Given that he's a known commodity for us, I wouldn't trade him for anyone who is not a clear upgrade (not considering age)

Also worth noting: Giguere was for a short time a truly elite goalie, Osgood won behind a juggernaught, though he was a good bend don't break goalie, Crawford again, Juggernaught, and why is Howard on a list with goalies to win the cup? Does playing 4 reg season games as a call-up make him a SC winning goalie?

Good points. I might remove Fleury from that list, but he did win a cup. The point is Anderson could win a cup on a good team and like you said, unless it's a clear upgrade, we have our number one goalie.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
LOL this list is amazing, don't even remember what the thread was arguing about after this...LOL thanks for linking!

I'd say they based it on last seasons save% alone, but Howard doesn't suffer the same fate as Anderson. He's the Rodney Dangerfield of Goalies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
That list is based "On how they think goaltenrders will perform this season". Since many had Senators as a lower-end team, it makes sense for them to rate Andy 25th. He's more in the middle of the road range, good in stretches but not consistent enough to be elite.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
That list is based "On how they think goaltenrders will perform this season". Since many had Senators as a lower-end team, it makes sense for them to rate Andy 25th. He's more in the middle of the road range, good in stretches but not consistent enough to be elite.

Weird way to go about making a list as it's not at all relevant to this season....base your ranking on last years stats and then include this years stats, again one would assume your average human being with access to the internet could compose a touch more accurate of a listing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad