During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i can tell you what avast thinks

"threat has been detected"

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I'm not gonna touch on him being the best goalie in the league, but one thing I feel that he has improved immensely this year is his puck handling (not that he's ever been bad at it). I swear he makes better breakout plays than half of our defence.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I'm not gonna touch on him being the best goalie in the league, but one thing I feel that he has improved immensely this year is his puck handling (not that he's ever been bad at it). I swear he makes better breakout plays than half of our defence.

I agree, he's been so involved in disrupting plays and break outs. Much more aggressive playing the puck this year.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I agree, he's been so involved in disrupting plays and break outs. Much more aggressive playing the puck this year.

There is a direct correlation to how he's handling the puck and how confident he is. During the Vezina run of the lockout year, he was doing exactly what he's doing now.

He's dialed in.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
When he is on, Andy is a top 5 goalie in the league without a doubt. If this hot streak last all year and he wins the vezina then he has become a consistent top 5 goalie of the league.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
He can play like it on any given night. But he's not as consistent as goalies like Lundqvist, Quick, Price, Rask.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Andy's puck handling skills are superb. Two facets of the game he's currently better than Lehner at: Playing the puck and rebound control. Lehner will hopefully be just as good someday in rebound control, however, in puck moving/handling skills Lehner will never even come close to Andy.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
We lost out on a 2nd vs 100 games of Conacher. Not really a big deal, especially when we have two goalies.

Don't downplay, 100 games of **** play leading to a waive, vs long time top ranked goalie prospect coming into his own.

Trade was disaster from announcement. Never buy high on a midget.

GM BM was enamored with Stevie Y's leadership, good looks, reserved charisma.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Don't downplay, 100 games of **** play leading to a waive, vs long time top ranked goalie prospect coming into his own.

Trade was disaster from announcement. Never buy high on a midget.

GM BM was enamored with Stevie Y's leadership, good looks, reserved charisma.

The second was worth it just to have Bishop when Anderson went down and Lehner was struggling. We then turned that into Conacher who was looking like a legit top 6 player and a 4th round pick.

Obviously the trade looks back now but in terms of asset management it really wasn't horrible. A second for two years of Bishop, Conacher, and a 4th.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He can play like it on any given night. But he's not as consistent as goalies like Lundqvist, Quick, Price, Rask.

I think you nail it right here. WHen Andy is on he's as good as anyone in the league, but he's never been able to do it for a full 82 game season. That's what makes the Quicks and Lundqvists the so good, consistency.

Maybe he keeps it up, who knows! If he does he'll be in the Vezina mix, no doubt about that.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
That second rounder saved our season.. TWICE! well worth it imo, what is the second rounder success rate anyways?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
You aren't the best in the league at anything after 10 games.
Come back after Anderson has played 70+ games, if he still has a .930+ sp% then we can talk about it.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
When Anderson is hot, he's arguably the best goalie in the league(I take Quick ahead only probably).

Aside from that, Anderson can go from 100-0 real quick. I just hope that he finds that groove where he stays consistent over the course of at least a full season and wins a vezina to give him that confident to become more consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad