Rumor: Craig Anderson: grumpy old man edition

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Without an official source who was part of the conversation for all we know Anderson told Dorion ...if you're short to sign EK I'm ok if you want to move me to save money.

Lets not get jerked around by every little rumor, twist and turn surrounding this team. The decisions have been made as to who is running the team and the direction they want to take. So be it!

The team will be what the team will be and no amount of worrying or griping will change that. We'll see the level of support they get at the gate when the final product is revealed in the fall. I'll read others viewpoints and occasionally comment in individual areas but don't want to get overexcited about every little thing the rest of the summer.

Although it would be nice to know the facts this is not a major issue for me.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't know if this is a true rumor but someone on a Facebook page called Red Scarf Union (Sens fans in Toronto) that Andy would end his trade request if Karlsson is traded. So something else may be going on in that broken locker room. From what I read the source came from Senschirp.ca comment section.

Normally I would say BS ... but with this team, this summer, its all possible

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I don't know if this is a true rumor but someone on a Facebook page called Red Scarf Union (Sens fans in Toronto) that Andy would end his trade request if Karlsson is traded. So something else may be going on in that broken locker room. From what I read the source came from Senschirp.ca comment section.

Seems like BS.

Just a couple months ago Andy's wife was liking and retweeting those Brian5or6 videos where he was calling the team idiots for even thinking about trading Karlsson.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Brennan: A quiet week, maybe, but expect lots of noise from the Senators this summer

"The Senators were never able to replace Marc Methot with another capable veteran defenceman, and they haven’t found one to replace Dion Phaneuf, either. With Karlsson on his way out, Anderson must be thinking a 37-year old coming off a bad season has no chance to rebound behind the young and iffy group of blue-liners the Senators will trot out every night.
I get that, but it still shows a lack of character on his part.
Anderson has been referred to as a leader on this team. By coaches, teammates and himself. Well, leaders don’t run away when things get tough, especially from a city that has poured love all over him and his family.
Also, the two-year extension Anderson signed doesn’t even kick in until next season. With a raise. It’s different circumstances, but this feels a little Alexei Yashin-ish and Dany Heatley-ish.
Isn’t it a little irksome to hear of a guy expressing a desire to move after shaking hands on a deal to stay? Wanting to be traded after getting a contract with a no-trade clause?
"

There's bitterness all over his article.

Keep in mind that Brennan was criticized by Nicholle Anderson on social media a while back. As a group, you will never meet a more thin skinned bunch of people than journalists - Brennan will nurse that grudge forever now, and rip on Anderson every chance he gets. (They are allowed to rip on you, of course, but God forbid that you should ever question what they write.)

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

It was from the comments section of a Senschirp post. I swear I can’t rip on anyone for watching reality tv and Kardashian’s stuff as Sens fans are just as bad when it comes to rumors and drama, not you, just in general. :laugh:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Andy sure didn't mind signing that contract extension. I get he wants to end his career with a Cup (who doesn't), but maybe he should've thought of that before signing that deal and falling flat on his face last year.

Dorion went out of his way to give Andy a great contract a year early, knowing Andy's up-and-down career here likely would've meant a smaller contract this summer if he had waited.

Can't help but feel angry here...especially since I was one of the few constantly defending him during his down seasons. Seeing this crap too much in Ottawa...guys get their big and/or retirement contracts - Ryan, Pageau, Smith, Anderson - and turn around and go on cruise control once they have their money. It sucks.
Yeah imagine you give a substantial raise to your finance director or HumRel director and they quit on you when the company stocks go down...

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah imagine you give a substantial raise to your finance director or HumRel director and they quit on you when the company stocks go down...

Or imagine this huge life changing event happens to his or her family where it's better for them to leave.....

Who knew so many people would be so upset at Anderson showing "disloyalty" towards Eugene Melnyk, the same guy that fired his entire restaurant staff in barbados without warning and didn't pay them. :laugh:

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Or imagine this huge life changing event happens to his or her family where it's better for them to leave.....

Who knew so many people would be so upset at Anderson showing "disloyalty" towards Eugene Melnyk, the same guy that fired his entire restaurant staff in barbados without warning and didn't pay them. :laugh:
If the medical care is not good enough for your family here , maybe you shouldn’t sign an extension contract in Canada
Just a thought

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If the medical care is not good enough for your family here , maybe you shouldn’t sign an extension contract in Canada
Just a thought

Maybe you should mind your own business in peoples personal medical lives, just a thought. I mean of course if you ever see Craig, I guess you can tell him what he should do.

I just can't fathom how you're upset that someone asks a trade when the GM specifically asks people to let him know if you don't want to be here anymore. Things change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Relax a bit and Just mind your own business and let people be upset then

We disagree thats it

Everybody is entitled to his opinion

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
this makes so much sense now.

yRikxDW.png

It's funny because I have been told in the past, when I asked people to be more respectful towards player, etc, that they don't read this crap.

So here goes my theory on "If we can't insult posters, why do we have the right to insult players and other people that are not necessarily here?"

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Keep in mind that Brennan was criticized by Nicholle Anderson on social media a while back. As a group, you will never meet a more thin skinned bunch of people than journalists - Brennan will nurse that grudge forever now, and rip on Anderson every chance he gets. (They are allowed to rip on you, of course, but God forbid that you should ever question what they write.)
Obviously Andy's case is different with health & age factors, so people need to tread lightly. I will say though, this whole movement in Pro Sports in general of trade me if we aren't competitive does show a lack of character imo. Losing teams is a part of sports and maybe this franchise is suffering in enough other ways to justify it, but players need to suck it up and play for who owns their rights. Enough with the jumping ship because you want to play for a contender, that's not how this shit is supposed to work and seeing what happened to Duchene this year is hilariously ironic.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Obviously Andy's case is different with health & age factors, so people need to tread lightly. I will say though, this whole movement in Pro Sports in general of trade me if we aren't competitive does show a lack of character imo. Losing teams is a part of sports and maybe this franchise is suffering in enough other ways to justify it, but players need to suck it up and play for who owns their rights. Enough with the jumping ship because you want to play for a contender, that's not how this **** is supposed to work and seeing what happened to Duchene this year is hilariously ironic.

Shane Doan has gotten plenty of criticism for refusing to leave Arizona so there’s always two sides to the opinion.

Years ago I would have agreed with you, but my viewpoint has sorta changed in that there is nothing wrong with players treating it like a business just like owners do. I would say NFL especially with their non guaranteed contracts.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Shane Doan has gotten plenty of criticism for refusing to leave Arizona so there’s always two sides to the opinion.

Years ago I would have agreed with you, but my viewpoint has sorta changed in that there is nothing wrong with players treating it like a business just like owners do. I would say NFL especially with their non guaranteed contracts.
As a big NBA fan, I see where you're coming from. I guess I'm loyal to a fault and these players don't have reasons to be. As a fan, I miss the days when the crest on the front seemed to matter, now all they care about is money and winning (And don't seem to care where that happens.) We're still expected to operate like that but neither players or owners do, its disheartening.

I thought LeBron going back to Cleveland was the coolest free agent decision I've ever seen and I really commend him for that. Contrast that to Durrant's decision where he only seemed to want rings on his fingers even if that meant it would have little to no challenge involved with no drama at all. I just don't get why the trophy itself seems to matter so much. I've won (Obviously at the rec level) easily and it meant nothing, but when we won in dramatic fashion, it was a blast. I'd rather win 3 times in game 7 OT on the way to a finals loss than go 16-0 on the way to a ring.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Well, Darling is 100% returning to Carolina apparently, so I doubt they have any interest in Andy now. Looks like they will go the free agent route to get another goalie.

Buffalo is hot for Hutton, so that leaves the Islanders I guess unless Philly or Vancouver want Andy.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Well, Darling is 100% returning to Carolina apparently, so I doubt they have any interest in Andy now. Looks like they will go the free agent route to get another goalie.

Buffalo is hot for Hutton, so that leaves the Islanders I guess unless Philly or Vancouver want Andy.

Apparently they are keeping Darling with the idea of bringing in another goalie to help out.

Could be a 1A-1B situation there, depending on who they bring in.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Apparently they are keeping Darling with the idea of bringing in another goalie to help out.

Could be a 1A-1B situation there, depending on who they bring in.

I doubt they’d want Andy though. That’s a lot of money to tie up into two below average goalies. Maybe Ottawa retains. Likely Carolina brings in a free agent. Lehner maybe?

Tremblay31

Jun 18, 2011
Germany

give us Markstrom from VAN or Neuvirth from PHI back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad