Coyotes you irrationally "hated"

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Blake Wheeler...I will never not hate him. Sure I think most of us Coyote fans would agree there's good reasons to dislike him but my disgust is definitely in the irrational territory. I would never route for an injury or anything like that but otherwise I tend to take great pleasure in any hockey misfortune he experiences. My favorite is getting shipped out of his chosen Boston right before they won the cup. aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha...f*** you Blake Wheeler.

I just happened to come home and turn on the TV when this game was on maybe 5 minutes before this goal. Got to see it happen in real time. Was so excited he was going to be a Coyote then was so pissed he spurned us. For years I shouted "HIT WHEELER" every time we played him for like the whole game whenever he was on the ice (I'm sure the people around me were annoyed. Sorry if it was any of you!) and loved when Doan beat his ass. So I'm with you on this one for sure.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Oh, this one is going to get me banned lol. I hated Doan the first half of his NHL career, thought he was so overrated. I was also young and dumb.

Wheeler is a gimme for any Coyotes fan old enough.

Turris is definitely a gimme regardless of age or Fandom, it's required.

Jovo was another I hated. I respect the hell out of his game now but I remember constantly saying, "here comes another fumbled puck he'll turn over" or "here comes a cannon of a one timer, to the high boards" on a frequent basis.

• Wow
Reactions: Sinurgy

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I remember Wheeler saying when asked why the Bruins and he said so he can play with the likes of Phil Kessel. Kessel was then traded to the Leafs with a threat of signing an offer sheet.

Reactions: Sinurgy

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Kyle Chipcura, aka Tipchura and every 4th line plug Dave Tippett liked to make the 1st line center. 5 years of season tickets near the face off circle in the end the Yotes shoot twice and Tippett likes to play the whole damn game in the defensive end. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

I just happened to come home and turn on the TV when this game was on maybe 5 minutes before this goal. Got to see it happen in real time. Was so excited he was going to be a Coyote then was so pissed he spurned us. For years I shouted "HIT WHEELER" every time we played him for like the whole game whenever he was on the ice (I'm sure the people around me were annoyed. Sorry if it was any of you!) and loved when Doan beat his ass. So I'm with you on this one for sure.

Man I saw that too and was so pumped. I was telling everyone who would listen all about how the Coyotes were laughed at for taking the guy who just did that and how the whole league was going to regret making fun of the Yotes cause he was going to be awesome. Didn't even consider the little twerp would pull what he did. So. Much. Hate.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Seems like most of the players named so far are not hated irrationally. There's good reason to hate Chipchura, Turris, Wheeler, etc.

So I'm going with Kessel. We all get that he floated for much of his ice time here, as he did with the Leafs and Penguins. I looked forward to seeing him gone, but you can't deny that he did lead the team in scoring in his second and third seasons here.

I didn't like Jordan Martinook, mostly because of his hands of cement, but that's probably an irrational hate, as he has proven to be a reliable forward with the Hurricanes, despite his continued lack of scoring.

Sorry, I'm late to the thread.

Mike Smith.

I also loathed Jeremy Roenick. And Daniel Carcillo.
I only loathed Roenick when he came back here for that one season, well past his prime. He didn't seem to give a shit. No matter how money of a player Tkachuk was, I could never get past his holdout, which I'm so opposed to in principle.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Seems like most of the players named so far are not hated irrationally. There's good reason to hate Chipchura, Turris, Wheeler, etc.

So I'm going with Kessel. We all get that he floated for much of his ice time here, as he did with the Leafs and Penguins. I looked forward to seeing him gone, but you can't deny that he did lead the team in scoring in his second and third seasons here.

I didn't like Jordan Martinook, mostly because of his hands of cement, but that's probably an irrational hate, as he has proven to be a reliable forward with the Hurricanes, despite his continued lack of scoring.

I only loathed Roenick when he came back here for that one season, well past his prime. He didn't seem to give a shit. No matter how money of a player Tkachuk was, I could never get past his holdout, which I'm so opposed to in principle.
Rownick just reminded me of the jock at school who was so infactuated with himself that you didn’t want anything to do with him.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
No contest… Mike Smith. I yelled at the inanimate TV many times as Mike Smith fumbled the puck away and the opponent scored! Torment!

Reactions: Mosby

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Denis Pederson was the first guy I really recall fitting this category for me lol.

David Hale.

Todd Fedoruk.

Brian Savage (except for one epic comeback game lol)

Geoff Sanderson

Joey Juneau.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah man Wheeler totally shafting the Coyotes after they took a chance on him, much to the amusement of the rest of the league, is not the reason I dislike him...it's because he's successful. Lol...c'mon man, use that noggin of yours.
I would have done exactly the same as Wheeler did. I'm sure you would as well "if you used your noggin of yours.";)

Yeah there’s some resentment
Now, this one I can really understand.

Mike Ribeiro
What ever happened to him. I'm sure Coyotedroppings might know.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I would have done exactly the same as Wheeler did. I'm sure you would as well "if you used your noggin of yours.";)

Now, this one I can really understand.

What ever happened to him. I'm sure Coyotedroppings might know.
He's just living his normal life in Texas!!!!!

Former NHL player Mike Ribeiro has been charged with two counts of sexual assault for alleged incidents that occurred east of Dallas last year, Sportsnet has confirmed.

Ribeiro is accused of allegedly assaulting two women on June 23, 2021, and was indicted in Franklin County, Texas, on April 13. The sheriff’s office confirmed to Sportsnet that Ribeiro turned himself in on April 28, when the 42-year-old was arrested and released on a $200,000 bond.

Reactions: Jakey53

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Jordan Weal. When we got him I felt like I kept seeing Morgan and cat Silverman prop him up as so beneficial to the offense. And he did absolutely NOTHING when on the ice, and he got put on the 1st line!

Yes, that was irrational, because the team was winning with him. I wish he was kept a bit longer, to see if there was a reason.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Irrational hate...

Probably Strome. Everyone chalked it up to Tippet and I think part of that was true but I hated him from the moment he was drafted. I wanted Marner so bad. Then we passed on Marner and Hanifin so we could get Strome, and I was already pissed that f***ing Edmonton knocked us out of Eichel. I'll probably never forget watching the draft lottery that night and feeling a sinking feeling in my stomach as we got shafted. Actually there's your irrational hatred, I hate Edmonton now.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Irrational hate...

Probably Strome. Everyone chalked it up to Tippet and I think part of that was true but I hated him from the moment he was drafted. I wanted Marner so bad. Then we passed on Marner and Hanifin so we could get Strome, and I was already pissed that f***ing Edmonton knocked us out of Eichel. I'll probably never forget watching the draft lottery that night and feeling a sinking feeling in my stomach as we got shafted. Actually there's your irrational hatred, I hate Edmonton now.
I will harbor a hatred for Edmonton until the day mcdavid either leaves or retires

Reactions: YotesFan47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad