Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes vs Oilers - Saturday 1pm (2pm for us Sk people)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
So Koskco will never play again?
I like that mike smiths been playing well, but the way that he was one of the worst goalies in the league for a month but was getting regular starts, and now is seeing so much action in a row while koskinen sits isn’t sitting well with me.

Like it or not, koskinen is our goalie for the next few years and smith is most likely gone next year, so riding smith while our future goalie rides pine is odd. Why did we let smith “work through” his issues while koskinen is pushed aside? Shouldn’t we be using this year as a way to groom koskinen to be our full time starter next year? It’s not like you’re sacrificing immediate success either as he’s better than smith in every single category so far this season.

The goaltending has been really strange with Tippett, and I wonder if it’s a fear of burning out koskinen, some bias because he’s coached smith before, or what the deal is, but I can’t say I’m a fan of how it’s being handled.

Reactions: Debbie Mathers

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Sorry, Hall's elbow on Kassian was the straw for me. That was a vicious, premeditated elbow to a guy who had no chance to defend himself or know it was coming (it was a faceoff), and it was followed by a turtle of epic proportions. That was the day Hall's claim to Oil fan respect evaporated, and if you claim to hate Tkurtle for what he did then you should probably extend the same courtesy to Hall at this point. **** Hall, I hope someday Kassian drills him into oblivion.

:popcorn:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I like that mike smiths been playing well, but the way that he was one of the worst goalies in the league for a month but was getting regular starts, and now is seeing so much action in a row while koskinen sits isn’t sitting well with me.

Like it or not, koskinen is our goalie for the next few years and smith is most likely gone next year, so riding smith while our future goalie rides pine is odd. Why did we let smith “work through” his issues while koskinen is pushed aside? Shouldn’t we be using this year as a way to groom koskinen to be our full time starter next year? It’s not like you’re sacrificing immediate success either as he’s better than smith in every single category so far this season.

The goaltending has been really strange with Tippett, and I wonder if it’s a fear of burning out koskinen, some bias because he’s coached smith before, or what the deal is, but I can’t say I’m a fan of how it’s being handled.
We are trying to make the playoffs dude. Play the goalie who's playing better regardless of who's going to be around longer.

Reactions: KYams17

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Screenshot_20200118-121857_Scrabble GO.jpg

It's a sign

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
"Oh, not so bad... and you?

Can I please have a Grande Reserve Americano - with three shots of espresso instead of four - no room, and can you use a Venti cup?

Actually, scratch that, I don't know what I was thinking! It's already noon, I'll be up all goddamn night!!! HA HA!

Let's change that, tall iced Irish Cream cold brew, light on the foam with extra ice and in a Grande cup. Sorry about the cup thing, probably sounds weird, I know. I've just been so clumsy lately and once that foam gets on seat leather, watch out - ends up looking like a flock of seagulls got loose in there, might as well just sell the car!!!... Volvo, by the way.

Do you guys do those overnight oats that are all the rage? With the little crunchy Chia seeds? Wonderful, one order of those..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I think that'll be it. Oh, and a tall ice water, light on the ice, heavy on the water. Have to hydrate, ya know?

Just a bag for those oats and cupholder for the drinks would be great. Well, look at that, silly ole' me forgot my wallet, let's just do the ice water.
"

(200 words, btw)

2 words

Iced capp..

Before that it was

Coffee, 2 creams.

The new age stuff that happens in Starbucks (never go there) is, um millennial trope, or tripe.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Sorry, Hall's elbow on Kassian was the straw for me. That was a vicious, premeditated elbow to a guy who had no chance to defend himself or know it was coming (it was a faceoff), and it was followed by a turtle of epic proportions. That was the day Hall's claim to Oil fan respect evaporated, and if you claim to hate Tkurtle for what he did then you should probably extend the same courtesy to Hall at this point. **** Hall, I hope someday Kassian drills him into oblivion.

Calm down..

Reactions: Drivesaitl

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016

I'm getting the impression they want Smith as a option to come back next season. He's got a incentive laid contract based on the number of games played.

If they do sign him again next year hopefully it's without the bonuses. Then Koskinen can fully take over the starter job. None of the goalies are making the case to be backup next season from the Condors.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I just made that up... I actually can't even find the time of the fight right now (maybe that's why the Oilers are a matinee :DD)

I guess it's at 10:30 EST. Gather round at BPs to watch

Ha ha...it was a good line. :D

Multiple Connors doing their thing today. :nod:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
2 words

Iced capp..

Before that it was

Coffee, 2 creams.

The new age stuff that happens in Starbucks (never go there) is, um millennial trope, or tripe.
For a quick convenient coffee shop, Starbucks has the best espresso based drinks compared to other options with a drive thru. Their ordering system is so pretentious though. If I do order something complicated with their nomenclature, the workers dont even know what I want lol.
Regular coffee is fine there but nothing special. I like Transcend. It just hits the right tastebuds.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
We are trying to make the playoffs dude. Play the goalie who's playing better regardless of who's going to be around longer.
Agreed. Who cares if Kosky is being mistreated. Is he a child? No. Ride the goalie that’s playing hot and then switch. The game Koskinen played in the 2 last weeks we lost. Let Smith run with it for now

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For a quick convenient coffee shop, Starbucks has the best espresso based drinks compared to other options with a drive thru. Their ordering system is so pretentious though. If I do order something complicated with their nomenclature, the workers dont even know what I want lol.
Regular coffee is fine there but nothing special. I like Transcend. It just hits the right tastebuds.

Wife TM coffee is the best. No drivethru, no expense, just roll over, open you eyes and smell the java while staring out the frosted window at two feet of snow and the true north outside..

I'm posting this while eating wife TM breakfast. life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad