Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes vs Oilers - Saturday 1pm (2pm for us Sk people)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
"Alberta is a place where I spent a lot of years of my life, so it's always special to me and it's always a game that I look forward to and get to see some friends in town. It's always fun to come back here." -- Coyotes forward Taylor Hall on returning to Edmonton

"It is tight and it's going to be tight for the rest of the year. It's fun when it's tight and every point matters, especially here with the divisional games. It's going to be real crucial for us to be ready and try to get some points out of them." -- Oilers defenseman Oscar Klefbom on the race in the Pacific

"We don't have Connor McGregor on the ticket, but we have this other guy...." OP

THE NUMBERS

OILERSCOYOTES
RECORD25-18-526-19-6
WIN/LOSS STREAKW1L1
LAST 10 GAMES6-3-15-4-1
GOALS FOR148143
GOALS AGAINST150131
POWER PLAY%29.919.9
PENALTY KILL%83.182.0
AVG. SHOTS/FOR29.231.2
AVG. SHOTS/AGAINST31.532.0
TEAM SAVE%.902.920
CORSI FOR%47.3648.01
PDO0.9921.005
TEAM SHOOTING%8.307.48
EXPECTED GOALS FOR%48.4148.53
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Numbers courtesy of Natural Stat Trick (fancies at 5×5)
LINEUPS…

Oilers

Neal – McDavid – Archibald
RNH – Draisaitl – Yamamoto
Nygard – Sheahan – P. Russell
Gagner – Haas – Chiasson
Klefbom – Larsson
Nurse – Bear
K. Russell – Jones
Smith

Coyotes

Hall – Dvorak – Garland
Keller – Soderberg – Schmaltz
Course – Stepan – Kessel
Grabner – Richardson – Hinostroza
Ekman-Larsson – Demers
Chychrun – Goligoski
Oesterle – Hjalmarsson
Hill

Last edited:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Got a bad feeling about this one. Oil love to get out worked by the Yotes...hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: ohheyhemsky

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Tickets for this game have pretty much doubled in price since Hall became a Yote. Couple months ago you could get tickets to this game for 45bucks.

lol in Arizona you can get a MONTH of Yotes hockey for 59bucks. ALL games.

Would be an interesting game to attend but not at pricing here.

Why is Hall getting so much flak.

Can we remember that this is a player that wanted to be here and was traded against his will?

Hope fans treat him accordingly tomorrow in the first time here on his new club.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Nerves are going hard for this one. These are the games that will start creating some separation. It's not just winning 2 key points. It's taking them directly from a team who needs them just as bad that we can't let succeed.

Reactions: cantthinkofone

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Man I hate playing the Yotes, for some reason we just never come out on top. Hopefully having Tippett will change our luck.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I predict a loss but hope I am wrong. I don't think the Oilers of this season is up to winning crucial games yet without more additional good personnel.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I predict a loss but hope I am wrong. I don't think the Oilers of this season is up to winning crucial games yet without more additional good personnel.

Can't win crucial games? I may have said that 2-3 weeks ago, but then they walked into Boston, Toronto, and Montreal and won on a road trip that could have killed the season. The last game they beat Nashville who had defeated the Oilers 7 straight times in Edmonton.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Man I hate playing the Yotes, for some reason we just never come out on top. Hopefully having Tippett will change our luck.

They're a tough team to play....especially when the game is tied or they are up by a goal.
The Oilers really need to take the game to Arizona and get an early lead....preferably by 2 goals.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
The first goal is so crucial. I hope the Oilers can score 1 or 2 on them and slow it down for all I care. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Coyotes have been struggling lately since the addition of Hall. He's picking up points but they have lost 5 of their last 6 games. A win tomorrow and the Oilers will pull even in the standings and still have 2 games in hand on Arizona.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
"Alberta is a place where I spent a lot of years of my life, so it's always special to me and it's always a game that I look forward to and get to see some friends in town. It's always fun to come back here." -- Coyotes forward Taylor Hall on returning to Edmonton

"It is tight and it's going to be tight for the rest of the year. It's fun when it's tight and every point matters, especially here with the divisional games. It's going to be real crucial for us to be ready and try to get some points out of them." -- Oilers defenseman Oscar Klefbom on the race in the Pacific

"We don't have Connor McGregor on the ticket, but we have this other guy...."

Who said the last quote?

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I have a 200 word essay due tomorrow and a hockey game to watch in 13 hours and I'm on here reading HF Oil.

200 words, that’s some weak tea.

Try a lab report, a project worth 25% of your grade and capstone on top.

That was me last year. #englyfe

However, good luck on the essay, I’m sure you’ll kill it.

Reactions: Llamamoto49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad