Confirmed with Link: Coyotes unveiling new third jersey 6/22

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
If we were going to keep these ones , why not go with the original ones? I prefer the 1996 ones where the collar design was a little thicker , similar to the sleeves..

This jersey , they shrink the collar design , but kept the sleeves and bottom stripe the same.

I also prefer the concept with just the head logo.

Reactions: kbay

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If we were going to keep these ones , why not go with the original ones? I prefer the 1996 ones where the collar design was a little thicker , similar to the sleeves..

This jersey , they shrink the collar design , but kept the sleeves and bottom stripe the same.

Probably a feasibility issue when it comes to Adidas manufacturing them.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
So we...had a big reveal for the exact same third jerseys we had two years ago....? I mean I like them and all, but....cool. Really over hyped that one guys.

Reactions: kbay and RemoAZ

Tanic

Dec 28, 2003
Visit site
If we were going to keep these ones , why not go with the original ones? I prefer the 1996 ones where the collar design was a little thicker , similar to the sleeves.This jersey , they shrink the collar design , but kept the sleeves and bottom stripe the same.

The city was removed from the moon patch, as well as adding the NHL logo. They should just come full circle and go back to being the Phoenix Coyotes. Caving into the C.O.G. to change the name after eighteen years got us an eviction notice.

Reactions: kbay and CC96

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Apparently we are going to be wearing these on every home Saturday game this season. I'm personally a big fan. I like the textured shoulders, the nhl logo on the neck, and the more refined colors that this offers vs the CCM (throwback) ones.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Now please come out with some kachina hats. Almost impossible to find.

I've got an almost pristine black Kachina hat from the end of when they were worn originally. But I never wear it because the little top part is missing the material so it's got a steel button on top.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Love it, these are the shirts that made the Coyotes my NHL Team, still have a cheap knockoff version I found somewhere in Germany for 90 Deutsche Mark (Yeah, no Euros back then) in 1999, so I absolutely love that the Kachina is back. It's just a unique design and not as bland as the ones that superceeded them. Never undestood why we got rid of them, they made the Yotes stand out among all other NHL Teams...embrace your NOT-Tradition :D

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Not sure if this is why but the big collar on mine is kind of uncomfortable. It's too thick and the material is kind of rough. I'd imagine they didn't want to spend any money redesigning it when they started using it as a throwback so they just shrunk the collar. I'm guessing that's the same reason they didn't update the colors or anything. There's no cost in using an old design. Just start producing them.

I'm still going to use the old ones though. So much better than the garbage they produce now. Just throw it in the washer and it's like new again.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not sure if this is why but the big collar on mine is kind of uncomfortable. It's too thick and the material is kind of rough. I'd imagine they didn't want to spend any money redesigning it when they started using it as a throwback so they just shrunk the collar. I'm guessing that's the same reason they didn't update the colors or anything. There's no cost in using an old design. Just start producing them.

I'm still going to use the old ones though. So much better than the garbage they produce now. Just throw it in the washer and it's like new again.
I remember them interviewing the old players on the first throw back night and they all said the same thing about the collars, that they were a nightmare to play in. I think it was tkachuk who said that he had the equipment managers curl the collar in and pin them or something along those lines. They showed a picture and it basically meant it was tailored into what they are now.

Reactions: RemoAZ

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
That's a normal sized collar. Move on, find a new slant.

I like the new 3rd jersey better than the regular ones but it could've been better. The logo and overall design are much better looking, but the colors are meh and it just seems a bit lazy to basically copy the old jersey. I would've gone with something that combined the old logo and design with the current colors, with a new touch, like those first and second concepts in page 2. Main black and green doesn't really do it for me. I feel the current color scheme or something close to that (like in those concepts) represent the state better and have more of an identity and unique look.

That being said, as long as they update the regular ones into that, this being the 3rd jersey is fine.

Reactions: doaner

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona

Read an article yesterday (or Friday can't remember) but Tocchet had a complaint about the material of those original sweaters. Said they were heavy and when you sweated it would wear about 5-10 pounds. Said that is why he was slow!

Reactions: doaner

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I didn't know that. I guess that legitimizes my opinion. If it bothers me I'm sure it was 100x worse for the players. I'll still keep wearing it though. All the Reebok ones I have are falling apart. They are junk. The old ones are so much more durable.

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
I didn't know that. I guess that legitimizes my opinion. If it bothers me I'm sure it was 100x worse for the players. I'll still keep wearing it though. All the Reebok ones I have are falling apart. They are junk. The old ones are so much more durable.
I have a CCM and it feels pretty heavy.

Reactions: RemoAZ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I really, really want a full rework with the floating head, slightly brighter colors for the HD era, and the GD moon at center ice (want purple but will settle for red). It'd be some of the best branding in the league and easily the best in the valley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad