Prospect Info: Coyotes Top Prospects 2016 - Lawson Crouse Special Edition

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I put him 9 but I initially thought somewhere between 7-9. Even though I really like his game, I think I just put Perlini and Mac ahead of him cause I'm more famlilar with them. Biased I guess you could say.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What's a decent team prospect ranking site nowadays?

I used the hockeysfuture site in the past (despite disagreements with its ranking system) but it was nice to have it all one spot like that. As we know, that site is no longer maintained.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I'd like to hear why someone would slot him behind Perlini, not that many did? Is it Perlini's skating and potential because it isn't recent results unless you do see Perlini's last season as an anomaly.

Those would be two big powerful hard shooting left wingers if they both realized their potential.

I've been high on Perlini since before he was drafted. He has the best raw skill of anyone on this list not named Strome and Keller. I'm not worried about last season at all. I'm more worried about how Crouse's game translates to the NHL. If he can't manhandle NHLers around the way he manhandles OHLers he becomes average very fast.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Voted for 5th - bit of a toss-up between him and D'Angelo - D'Angelo's offensive upside is huge, but he is a defensive turnstile. Still unsure about Crouse's offensive upside but can't deny his size, work ethic/motor, and overall development in being an effective three-zone player so far.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What's a decent team prospect ranking site nowadays?

I used the hockeysfuture site in the past (despite disagreements with its ranking system) but it was nice to have it all one spot like that. As we know, that site is no longer maintained.

Most sites just post prospect content in article format so it's a PITA to search. I swear there was an upstart site that was aiming for similar functionality as HockeysFuture but I can't remember the damn name. Think it was even started by a few of the former HF writers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad