Prospect Info: Coyotes Top Prospects 2016 - Lawson Crouse Special Edition

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This poll will complete the list, since Crouse is a late add we're going to vote on where to place him in the top 15.

So For example if you vote #5, that means you think Crouse is better than DeAngelo but not better than Chychrun. So DeAngelo and everyone below him shifts down one spot. Use the list below for reference.

For best results I think you should consider the list as-is and not where you'd place Crouse on your own personal list but it's not like I can stop you :P

Laurent Dauphin takes #14 though not as easily as I anticipated.

#1 - Dylan Strome (36 votes - 87.80%)
#2 - Christian Dvorak (37 votes - 68.52%)
#3 - Clayton Keller (44 votes - 70.97%)
#4 - Jakob Chychrun (40 votes - 80.00%)
#5 - Anthony DeAngelo (30 votes - 44.78%)
#6 - Christian Fischer - (32 votes - 68.09%)
#7 - Brendan Perlini - (30 votes - 53.57%)
#8 - Ryan MacInnis - (25 votes - 46.3%)
#9 - Nick Merkley - (34 votes - 60.71%)
#10 - Kyle Wood (18 votes - 34.62%)
#11 - Conor Garland (16 votes - 32%)
#12 - Henrik Samuelsson (19 votes - 43.18%)
#13 - Cam Dineen (22 votes - 48.89%)
#14 - Laurent Dauphin (23 votes - 53.5%)

For the record I'm using HF's criteria for the poll

Coyotes Official Prospect list for reference

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I put him at 8, hard to say if he's better or worse than Fisher and Perlini. Figure 8 is a safe place to slot him until some of us get more familiar with him.

Yeah, ask hbk and Mosby. I think they follow the juniors closer than most.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, ask hbk and Mosby. I think they follow the juniors closer than most.

I voted 8th.

In my mind it's:

1. Strome
2. Dvorak
3. Keller
4. Chychrun
5. Fischer
6. Perlini
7. DeAngelo
8. Crouse

Pretty impressive that Florida's top prospect is a decent way down our list.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Perhaps use a trimmed mean so the outliers don't skew it.

Median!

(or Mode?)

edit: looking over the results so far my statistic knowledge tells me that average, Mode and Median should all be around the same as the results look pretty much normally distributed around 5, so outliers aren't too concerning.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I voted 8th.

In my mind it's:

1. Strome
2. Dvorak
3. Keller
4. Chychrun
5. Fischer
6. Perlini
7. DeAngelo
8. Crouse

Pretty impressive that Florida's top prospect is a decent way down our list.

I like Crouse more than Chychrun so went 4.

Still very impressive. I can't wait until training camp to see all of these kids fighting for a spot. We have so many kids on the bubble this year and next.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
People actually voted #1 and #2?
The #1 vote is Tony LeBlanc, and the next time he posts anything other than, "buy more tickets" will be the first. We aren't allowed to accuse other posters of being sock puppet trolls, so I won't call Spirit of Lingering a sock puppet troll, but it we were allowed to do that sort of thing I probably would.

Votes look good so far, good ranking I think.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I'd like to hear why someone would slot him behind Perlini, not that many did? Is it Perlini's skating and potential because it isn't recent results unless you do see Perlini's last season as an anomaly.

Those would be two big powerful hard shooting left wingers if they both realized their potential.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I'd like to hear why someone would slot him behind Perlini, not that many did? Is it Perlini's skating and potential because it isn't recent results unless you do see Perlini's last season as an anomaly.

Those would be two big powerful hard shooting left wingers if they both realized their potential.

I slotted him just ahead of Perlini, but I have them on relatively equal footing. Both look like third liners to me, but with very different playing styles. Both are good skaters for their size, but Perlini is more of an off-the-rush scorer while Crouse is more of a cycler/grinder. Crouse will score dirty goals from close, while Perlini is more of a sniper. Crouse is a much more fearsome hitter, but Perlini has better hockey sense. I see Crouse turning into a Troy Brouwer sort of player, while Perlini looks more like Taylor Pyatt to me. I think both will be good for 35-45 points most seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad