Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Sign Matthias Plachta to a one-year entry-level contract.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
The Coyotes don't need to worry about depth yet, but I'd be pretty pissed if Maloney signed scrap pile guys that then went on to block the path to the NHL for younger players. We all know the best man doesn't play when it comes to this organization. The guys that Tippett likes the most play. Not the same thing.

I am not talking about GMDM going dumpster diving for reclamation projects in the twilight of their career or over-the-hill AHLers.

I am comparing players who are 23 and 24 years respectively. Age is not a determining factor in this case. Neither is the fact whether one has played in the 'A" and the other in Europe. What matters is: what are they bringing to the team right now? The better man stays and the other goes to the farm.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I am not talking about GMDM going dumpster diving for reclamation projects in the twilight of their career or over-the-hill AHLers.

I am comparing players who are 23 and 24 years respectively. Age is not a determining factor in this case. Neither is the fact whether one has played in the 'A" and the other in Europe. What matters is: what are they bringing to the team right now? The better man stays and the other goes to the farm.

It's never that black and white. If a player will develop better by playing against NHL competition, and ultimately has more upside for the organization, they should have the inside track on a spot.

To be perfectly honest, Plachta has done exactly nothing to endear himself or force the issue.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Gonna predict that Plachta heads to Springfield after tonight. Didn't show much of anything against the Sharks.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Lol. My phones auyocorrect is terrible. So, you don't see him as an nhler next year?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Strictly a placenta joke. I've seen zero AHL games this season. Sorry for being incredibly unhelpful. I might just check our forums AHL Falcons thread. The Springfield fans may not lurk our general board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad