Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign F Josh Doan to 3-year ELC

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Could he have just like, signed with Kamloops if he wanted to? For their Championship/MemCup run? I doubt a WHL team owns his rights. Would’ve been unbelievably cool for him to just show up in Kamloops ready to rock.

Reactions: ck26

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Or with fellow Arizona native and Coyote offspring Ty Nash in Winnipeg. But that wouldn't be a guaranteed ticket in the Memorial Cup, like Kamloops has for being the host.

Anyways, I'm glad he's turning pro. I think he's ready for AHL.

Reactions: Jakey53

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Getting paid to play against men in Tucson is surely better than playing for free at ASU on a mediocre team next year. This is fine.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
ASU's trajectory and Josh Doan's trajectory diverged. I don't want to see him in Tempe next year. Too soon.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
ASU's trajectory and Josh Doan's trajectory diverged. I don't want to see him in Tempe next year. Too soon.
I’m a little surprised he wants to leave. He really could benefit from another year at ASU.

But the Devils are not looking good for next season. Instead of being molly whopped every game with no pay, he could collect some sort of paycheck in the AHL. Tucson could look better next year, especially if the FO thinks Guenther and Cooley should play there instead.

I get it. I’d do the same too. Just a little surprised at the announcement haha.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I'm sure his Dad is giving him advice too so imo this decision is unlikely to be a disaster. Good for him as long as he keeps growing / developing wherever that may be

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Burn a year off his ELC while getting a few more games in this season. Tucson could really use him too. Need a couple more college signings too.

But the Coyotes need to do something with Tucson. We should be talking about sending down Maccelli and McBain for the Calder, and instead, it's about not having a full roster?

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think it’s too soon, but ASU isn’t going to be very good next season. And him transferring or ing to the CHL is a pretty bad look. So Tucson makes sense. I think he will be there a while. I sure hope they sort out whatever is amiss with development down there. I do NOT trust that coaching staff.
remember when Maloney wanted that extra year of development from Wheeler? With NCAA guys better too soon than too late.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This is too soon. Should have stayed another year and gone pro with Lipkin next spring/summer.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This is gonna sound stupid, but as a parent, this disappoints me. Why not stay and finish your college education? I thought the Doans were smarter than that. Josh is clearly not NHL-ready, and arguably not even AHL-ready. ASU being a weak team would matter more to me if I were angling to look better in the Draft.

It's his choice, of course, and I hope it works out for him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is gonna sound stupid, but as a parent, this disappoints me. Why not stay and finish your college education? I thought the Doans were smarter than that. Josh is clearly not NHL-ready, and arguably not even AHL-ready. ASU being a weak team would matter more to me if I were angling to look better in the Draft.

He can take online courses if it’s that important.

Reactions: ck26

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018

You can always go back to school, but playing professional sports has a much shorter window of opportunity. It's not like he's giving up a Harvard education for a slim chance at the NHL.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I hypothesize that JD knew what kind of team the Devils were before the season started, not making the regionals, and focused mainly at getting ready to turn pro. If true, he'll report in at least 10 lbs heavier.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

I think you need more practice at saying stupid things. Based on this post alone I'd say you suck at saying stupid things.

If you really are interested in saying stupid things, let me know, I'm sure I can help.....or just head over to the BOH forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad