News Article: Coyotes Sign Ekman-Larsson to Six-Year Contract

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Hell yes!!

carlton-dance.gif

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
For some reasons, my brain was somewhat conditioned to hear that it was a two weeks extension. I can handle six years though ah ah.

I like that there has not been any messing around with this contract extension thing.

Congrats OEL.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
It's a great sign seeing him agree to a 6 year/long-term. Shows that he actually wants to be here and play for us.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
GMDM has done it again. 5.5 is a god damn steal. So happy right now.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
A typical DM "fair for all parties involved" kind of deal, I love it! Just like Yandle, kudos to OEL for being reasonable as well and not trying to hold the team over a barrel. A great day for Coyote nation and for OEL!

When will the Coyotes sign GMDM long term???

He rocks.
I hear you there. Honestly that's what has me scared the most right now, the chance that the Yotes could lose DM and/or Tippet this summer makes me absolutely nauseous. They can't go...they just can't!!!

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!:yo:

I think I'm finally gonna buy a jersey with a name on the back!!! Viva OEL!!! :hockey::cheers::5::hyper::vhappy:

I agree. If he is signed for 6 years I think it is a safe bet to buy his jersey..

OEL will be the captain of this franchise one day, book it.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Unlike Channing Fye's 30 Million dollar deal, this 30 Million Dollar + deal will be worth it's contract easy.

:handclap:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Yelled in excitement when I saw this. Best news of the season. 5.5m is a steal.

Will encourage Bods too I bet.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A typical DM "fair for all parties involved" kind of deal, I love it! Just like Yandle, kudos to OEL for being reasonable as well and not trying to hold the team over a barrel. A great day for Coyote nation and

I hear you there. Honestly that's what has me scared the most right now, the chance that the Yotes could lose DM and/or Tippet this summer makes me absolutely nauseous. They can't go...they just can't!!!

Agree 100%. Screw you Mike Smith.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
What a great kid! Amazing. I am so ****ing happy.

I know right? Wow. I love this guy. Way to commit. We're fortunate to have guys like Doan, Hanzal, Yandle, Boedker and now OEL all committed to this team.

*******, if we had an owner I'd be so excited about this team's future right now.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Maybe I should move to Phoenix (from Sweden). I like warm weather and hockey. Plus a responsible salary structure...among other things.

Watch OEL - Karlsson in next year's Olympics!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad