Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Clayton Keller to ELC

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Id go to the games under any conditions but I can't remember...didnt we see him at rookie camp this year?
I went to everything and can't remember
How did he do?
I mean, I was there....in my seat...but I just can't remember!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Id go to the games under any conditions but I can't remember...didnt we see him at rookie camp this year?
How did he do?

Iirc he was at rookie camp but not pro camp.

SniperHF is right, I mixed up the labels.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
How did he do?

He was at prospect camp in the summer, not rookie camp.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
A few games will give him a much better understanding of what he has to work on over the summer to be an effective Nhl'er. Win win for player and team.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
A few games will give him a much better understanding of what he has to work on over the summer to be an effective Nhl'er. Win win for player and team.

This. ^^^^

I don't expect him to see a whole lot of minutes tomorrow if he's in the lineup and he'll probably sit a couple of games or so to see it from above and get a good overall look at things.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This. ^^^^good overalll

I don't expect him to see a whole lot of minutes tomorrow if he's in the lineup and he'll probably sit a couple of games or so to see it from above and get a good overall look at things.

They better not effing scratch him or nail his ass to the bench in either STL game. That's his hometown team. Turris NEVER forgave the Coyotes for benching him during his first game back in Vancouver. He had already bought dozens of tickets. This franchise needs to stop being a gong show at some point.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Go all in and give him the Boeser treatment like the Canucks did, show the world we have some class.
They better not effing scratch him or nail his ass to the bench in either STL game. That's his hometown team. Turris NEVER forgave the Coyotes for benching him during his first game back in Vancouver. He had already bought dozens of tickets. This franchise needs to stop being a gong show at some point.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The hometown team thing needs an asterisk since he grew up in Illinois. That's what the ESPN broadcast said anyway.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
The hometown team thing needs an asterisk since he grew up in Illinois. That's what the ESPN broadcast said anyway.

He grew up in Swansea..

STLOUIS_zpstzgyeqd3.jpg

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I was stationed at Scott AFB, it's right near Swansea. Easiest to tell people across the river from St Louis. A little farther past East St Louis. All the media in the local area was St Louis based.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I'll give him STL. I'm also from the midwest and it's easier to just say near _____, than it is to describe a place that no one has heard of and no on will care about 5 min after you stop talking. It's close enough to be a suburb by midwestern standards.

Play him, see what ya got.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He grew up 16mi east of the Blues arena. I'm in Gilbert, and am 30mi east of the Suns and DBacks. Much, much further from the Cardinals and Coyotes. St. Louis isn't his hometown. Phoenix isn't mine. The. Blues are his hometown team. The Coyotes are mine.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
No it doesn't....he's a St. Louis kid. Played the majority of his hockey in Chesterfield MO with all the other kids that were drafted from St. Louis in 2016.

Yeah, although a large percentage of Illinois residents live near Chicago, it's a pretty big state and Chicago is up in one corner (cue US geography ignorance)...my parents grew up along what is known as the Cubs/Cardinals line; my dad was a Cardinals fan, my aunt a Cubs fan.

Other famous athletes growing up in Illinois suburbs of St. Louis include Jimmy Connors...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad