Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Clayton Keller to ELC

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'll give him STL. I'm also from the midwest and it's easier to just say near _____, than it is to describe a place that no one has heard of and no on will care about 5 min after you stop talking. It's close enough to be a suburb by midwestern standards.

Play him, see what ya got.
Exactly! Identifying towns/suburbs is only useful for people who are from or actually live in that metro area. I hate when you ask where someone is from and they say something like Aurora or Scottsdale. Dude just say you're from Denver or Phoenix!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Right. Or I'm fine with "Aurora, Colorado. It's just east of Denver." Give someone who is trying to get a frame of reference a break.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
The hometown team thing needs an asterisk since he grew up in Illinois. That's what the ESPN broadcast said anyway.

:shakehead

It takes about as long to get from Swansea to St. Louis as it does from Phoenix to Glendale.

Swansea is my hometown also.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
:shakehead

It takes about as long to get from Swansea to St. Louis as it does from Phoenix to Glendale.

Swansea is my hometown also.

It's almost like I was posting off the cuff of information I wasn't completely aware of like a normal person instead of googling everything before I type it on a message board.

It's also almost like the goal of these kinds of posts are to dogpile 3 days later instead of just provide accurate information, which had already been corrected.

Can we do better? Yes I think so.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If Domi is a fire plug, Keller is a french fry. He reminds me of the dancing french fry in the old drive in movie theatre. He needs to bulk up.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
http://arizonasports.com/story/1074217/coyotes-clayton-keller-hopes-use-final-games-springboard-next-season/

keller_blues_points.jpg

Morgan couldn't pick a better picture for this article? Keller looks like a drunk college student fulfilling some unspoken rookie obligation.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Went to last night's game. No idea what Keller's potential is but he has a lot to work on this summer to be at NHL level by this fall.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I remember going to a game during Danny Briere's rookie season. I couldn't believe him. I was twelve years old and it looked like one of my classmates had snuck into the ice and started taking shifts. Keller is the same. He looks like a small child out there.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There was a play in the 2nd where Keller was leaving his zone and should have had an easy dump in for a line change. His teammates went for the change and Keller made his way slowly to center and was caught by 2 or 3 Blues players and turned the puck over. I actually liked seeing it as it will give him things to look back on a realize how much he has to work on. He won't make that slow play next season very often I would bet. This season needs him to get these lessons so his summer is very meaningful.
I remember going to a game during Danny Briere's rookie season. I couldn't believe him. I was twelve years old and it looked like one of my classmates had snuck into the ice and started taking shifts. Keller is the same. He looks like a small child out there.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
There was a play in the 2nd where Keller was leaving his zone and should have had an easy dump in for a line change. His teammates went for the change and Keller made his way slowly to center and was caught by 2 or 3 Blues players and turned the puck over. I actually liked seeing it as it will give him things to look back on a realize how much he has to work on. He won't make that slow play next season very often I would bet. This season needs him to get these lessons so his summer is very meaningful.

Yep, I noticed that too. Nylander didnt set the Leafs on fire when he began playing pro late last year, but he was able to start hit this season and help carry some of the heavy lifiting. Hope the same for Keller.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Exact guy I was thinking of when I saw Keller last night. He isn't going to get large over the summer but I think he will figure out how he can make himself not need to be bigger but smarter in regards to NHL players vs players his own age.
Yep, I noticed that too. Nylander didnt set the Leafs on fire when he began playing pro late last year, but he was able to start hit this season and help carry some of the heavy lifiting. Hope the same for Keller.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I met Briere when I was about 14, and I already had like 3 inches on him :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He's clearly got what it takes to be a fine NHL player. I'm really glad that they're giving him these games to get a taste of NHL play. He needs to bring his decision making skills up to speed. That aforementioned play was due to his taking his time to decide what he wanted to do.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Went to last night's game. No idea what Keller's potential is but he has a lot to work on this summer to be at NHL level by this fall.
I think it was made worse by it being the Blues, they are a big team and that size was extremely noticeable both games. Coyotes seemed to have no answer for their heavy game.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Keller is 18. Panic in three years if he's not an NHL regular.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Who's panicking?? I think we are just discussing the fact that it's good that he gets a short look at what he needs you improve to be successful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad