Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Anthony Duclair to 1-year deal $1.2M (Official)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
How convenient that Tippet has always played the same system regardless of his team or personnel

Yea, that's the urban legend, anyway. With Dallas Tippett had elements of his Coyotes system for sure but he didn't play a pure dump and chase. I remember Dallas playing a heavy defensive game but Tippett allowed more offensive creativity.

Talent wills out. Tippett was more successful in Dallas because he had more talent to win with.

111 points, 97 points, 112 points, 107 points, 97 points, 83 points.

Those numbers don't come with the trapping, dump, chase and pray system he had to use with the Coyotes. Tippett clearly adapts his system to the talent at hand.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Davey will be sucking a ****ing tailpipe someplace while we all get to watch talented young players with the freedom to play their games. We win, he loses. We kept Duclair and ditched the Dinosaur. I hope a rival is dumb enough to hire him, and I hope his brainless cheerleaders head over to that forum and stay there.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
My biggest worry is that Tippett is going to be given the helm of the LA Kings one day. With their money to burn Tippett will have great talent and will plague us for the rest of his career.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Davey will be sucking a ****ing tailpipe someplace while we all get to watch talented young players with the freedom to play their games. We win, he loses. We kept Duclair and ditched the Dinosaur. I hope a rival is dumb enough to hire him, and I hope his brainless cheerleaders head over to that forum and stay there.

Rather emotional. He is incredibly well respected amongst his peers. But then again, he hurt Duclair's feelings.

I'm pretty sure that Tippett got worn out by the constant churn of being in the Coyotes organization. I truly hope that Barroway brings in the needed stability to the organization.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I love Dave Tippett. He won us a playoff series. That was incredible. He won us two. I'm actually forever grateful. If I saw him, I'd tell him as much. It was obviously time to move on because he was stunting our youngsters and he can really only coach one kind of team in one kind of way. Vegas should hire him. He'd be great there for two seasons (they'd have to fire him in year three or four). He'd be good in Detroit during this interim period too. Basically, he's good for crappy rosters before the talented youth show up. Then he's got to go.

He's gone and I'm glad. I'm grateful for what he gave us and it's a good thing we hired him when we did and it's a good thing we fired him when we did.

I'm not prickly because of Tippett. It's just three or four posters on this forum that have made it so difficult to continue spending time here, that has caused me to be so absurd when discussing Tippett. It has nothing to do with him. It's just the mindless yammering. So I'll renew my vow from this time last year, and resist the urge to empty my list. I thought when Tippett was gone I could handle having an empty list. It's clear that's not the case. I've addressed that problem and I'll get back to looking forward and give the rest of you some relief from this constant bickering.

Duclair is going to have a great season!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Now if Duclair can teach Crouse how to shoot and Crouse can teach Duclair how to play with energy we'd have two very good young players.

I fully expect Duclair to have a breakout year, but let's remember, the scoring percentage in his first year with us was an aberration. Duclair will need to shoot a lot more this year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yea, that's the urban legend, anyway. With Dallas Tippett had elements of his Coyotes system for sure but he didn't play a pure dump and chase. I remember Dallas playing a heavy defensive game but Tippett allowed more offensive creativity.

Talent wills out. Tippett was more successful in Dallas because he had more talent to win with.

111 points, 97 points, 112 points, 107 points, 97 points, 83 points.

Those numbers don't come with the trapping, dump, chase and pray system he had to use with the Coyotes. Tippett clearly adapts his system to the talent at hand.

My biggest worry is that Tippett is going to be given the helm of the LA Kings one day. With their money to burn Tippett will have great talent and will plague us for the rest of his career.

Rather emotional. He is incredibly well respected amongst his peers. But then again, he hurt Duclair's feelings.

I'm pretty sure that Tippett got worn out by the constant churn of being in the Coyotes organization. I truly hope that Barroway brings in the needed stability to the organization.

I agree. DT is a good coach and that will never change.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I love Dave Tippett. He won us a playoff series. That was incredible. He won us two. I'm actually forever grateful. If I saw him, I'd tell him as much. It was obviously time to move on because he was stunting our youngsters and he can really only coach one kind of team in one kind of way. Vegas should hire him. He'd be great there for two seasons (they'd have to fire him in year three or four). He'd be good in Detroit during this interim period too. Basically, he's good for crappy rosters before the talented youth show up. Then he's got to go.

He's gone and I'm glad. I'm grateful for what he gave us and it's a good thing we hired him when we did and it's a good thing we fired him when we did.

I'm not prickly because of Tippett. It's just three or four posters on this forum that have made it so difficult to continue spending time here, that has caused me to be so absurd when discussing Tippett. It has nothing to do with him. It's just the mindless yammering. So I'll renew my vow from this time last year, and resist the urge to empty my list. I thought when Tippett was gone I could handle having an empty list. It's clear that's not the case. I've addressed that problem and I'll get back to looking forward and give the rest of you some relief from this constant bickering.

Duclair is going to have a great season!

I hope you and a handful of posters are correct that Tip held young guys back and played a bad system. If you and others are correct and Tip was the major problem, we will be a 100 point club this year because Tip is gone. I would be totally stoked if that is the case, but I will also be stunned. And I hope Duclair has a great year too:)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Seems like we're done here talking about Anthony Duclair's signing.

Or are we???

I was hoping to turn the conversation so far away from duke it would swing back around. Doesn't seem to have worked. Bobby Francis wasn't polarizing enough.

It's true there's not much left to discuss though, this was expected, a short deal that allows him to show his stuff.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
I love Bobby Francis.
Saw Bobby Francis a number of months ago at a north Scottsdale carwash. Sat and talked to him for awhile, he was in very a talkative mood and I just listened.

I told him I read the article about him in the paper from a of number of years ago, he basically said that summed up a lot of things about his life.

Final observation, moves very slow and uses a walker, he's 57, turns 58 in December...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I was hoping to turn the conversation so far away from duke it would swing back around. Doesn't seem to have worked. Bobby Francis wasn't polarizing enough.

It's true there's not much left to discuss though, this was expected, a short deal that allows him to show his stuff.

Well you could have tried "what would Wayne Gretzky have done with Duclair"......

Wait..... on second thought......

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Saw Bobby Francis a number of months ago at a north Scottsdale carwash. Sat and talked to him for awhile, he was in very a talkative mood and I just listened.

I told him I read the article about him in the paper from a of number of years ago, he basically said that summed up a lot of things about his life.

He is a "good guy" and has always been pretty talkative and pretty good stories. Very sad.
I hated him as coach. Even the Jack Adams year, I was completely befuddled as to how he managed to fool that many voters. None of them watch the Coyotes, obviously. He should have handed that right over to Burke.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It'll be kinda funny if Tipp ends up in Calgary eventually with the rest of the ex-Coyotes crew. Though I'm not sure how torn the relationship is between him and Maloney.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He'd be perfect in LA. Good motorcycle weather. Low expectations. Veteran heavy roster that plays primarily on the boards and not a lot of high-talent skilled youngsters that he'd be inhibiting.
Can't imagine Don recommending the guy who orchestrated a coup be brought in.

For all the talk about him being snatched up immediately if we were ever dumb enough to fire him, I haven't heard his name mentioned once in connection to anything. Not even the canadian natl team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad