Post-Game Talk: Coyotes @ Sens Jan. 31

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Great win. Glad for Lehner as well.

Got to say though, i did not expect that onslaught of goals after watching the 1st period and most of the 2nd period.

Here is something funny though:
The Leafs only got 1 goal against this team. :laugh:

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Every line played great and contributed.

EK continues to put up points, 9MM continues to improve, Stone puts up a couple, The Hoff a goal, MacA playing with much more jump, and Ryan playing like a juggernaut.

Oh yea can't forget about Legwand :laugh:. He played good today

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Don't like the Boro - Phillips pairing. Especially Phillips on the RHS. I'd sit him down for Gryba now. Play the Boro - Gryba pairing as shutdown/PK.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Everything clicked 5v5... course it helps Smith is a terrible goalie and overall arizona is bad but yay win

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
It would be nice to skip the win one lose one thing for a while.

Karlsson was brilliant again. 1+1 +3 and a beast on defense, cut some chances and stuff. Zibanejad/Ryan I am a big fan and had high hope since the begining. Zibanejad is so much more stronger than Turris, see his goal, got burried, then gets up, wins his battle, then gives it to Ryan who makes a superb play! Our #1 C hope is to draft one or wait for Zib, I have faith in him he is still so young but he and Ryan together are lethal. Bonk's mullet was saying earlier this year : " I just watched Ryan in Anaheim and I don't know what happened to him" .. I wonder if many felt that way? I think he has come to play this year and showed real signs of leadership, IMO he's next to get the A. He's filling his promess he made to Mr.Melnyk

I actually liked Legwand with Michalek and Stone, Stone is always in the right spots as always, Michalek, as I said in his thread, has picked it up a lot lately. Don't know if it's because we're pretty much out of the playoffs but he's doing good.

I still think Lehner has to have the 1st goal and it could've been bad VS a better team, but aside from that he was sharp, happy he got the win.

Methot with Karlsson is night and day, I hope they sign him or have a good backup plan because it's clear it helps Erik a lot, he seems to be more free on the ice and does what he want. That hip check was sick btw.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I feel if we trade Methot it will be a major step backwards unless we get an equal defenseman in return. Hopefully they sign him.

I don't think the Senator's options are very good compared to signing Methot. If they do not sign him at his reported $5m salary for 3, 4, or 5 years, then this team will be stuck with players of lower caliber like Phillips, Wiercioch and Gryba. That would not help the team make the playoffs. If the team does not sign Methot, then it signals a low budget team AGAIN!

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
We will end the year in 9th place IMO.

Kings and Sens are the only two teams out of the playoffs that have either a even goal differential (sens) or positive (kings +4).

We're a lot better than the teams below us, but not good enough to win consistently against the teams above us.

Damn it would have been nice to get 2 points on thursday against Dallas.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Clearly Bobby is feeling better physically than he was last year and at the start of this season. His skating, his playmaking....so very much better. You can see that elite power finally coming through. We're lucky to have him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ryan is playing like the game-breaker we prayed he could become again when he made the trade.

What an unbelievable talent he's been lately especially after all-star game and a couple weeks prior.

Karlsson coulda been +6 tonight if 2 goals didn't go off Methot and nother goal right before he got off. He was BRILLIANT.

Sens dominated 5on5, simple as that.

After Lehner's 1st period against Dallas, he's been terrific since. He is a goalie that needs to be playing a lot to be effective, good thing we seeing his ability although he still has a lot of trouble in his technical game that should get better with age though.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
How the puck do we go from a lousy 2nd period to an awesome 3rd period???? (I mean the shots were like 10-1 for the Yotes at one time in the 2nd)

Did Lehner rip them a new a**hole? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad