Confirmed with Link: Coyotes re-sign Louis Domingue [2 yrs/$1.05m AAV]

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
He's young and played very well. Better than anyone thought he would. He turned this team around for a while. I don't see him falling off the map. I think he's our future starter and if Smith plays like he always does, Dom will be our starter by seasons end.

Quite possibly. But I kind of think that Louie's play last year might light a fire under Smitty's a$$. You saw what he did last season when he came back from injury... I think it's great that Smitty knows he has a legit young goalie pushing him for the long term job...we might actually see some more consistent play out of the guy for once.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Quite possibly. But I kind of think that Louie's play last year might light a fire under Smitty's a$$. You saw what he did last season when he came back from injury... I think it's great that Smitty knows he has a legit young goalie pushing him for the long term job...we might actually see some more consistent play out of the guy for once.

Or he'll get all pissy/inconsistent and force management to move Domingue for a less threatening back-up.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Glad to see he didn't play hardball this year. Probably saw the second year on the table and the possibility of Smith being a trainwreck. Excellent deal.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Glad to see he didn't play hardball this year. Probably saw the second year on the table and the possibility of Smith being a trainwreck. Excellent deal.

Last year was all about trying to get a one way deal, don't imagine that was an issue this time around.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Very happy with this as I have really enjoyed Louis's performance last year.

It is a fair reward for last season, yet the realistic term and average mean that there is still a long way to go.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Good contract for a player that has a long way to being the #1 goalie. Hopefully he'll be better sooner so we can get rid of Mike Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00