Pre-Game Talk: Coyotes @ Maple Leafs

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
If you say so :snide:. Seems to me like your default assumption is that the Coyotes will not recover at all from this current tailspin. There's 4 years of history that says they will. Right now I have no reason to believe the pattern of playing lights out hockey in the second half is gonna stop.

4 years? We did finish out of the Playoffs last year? Right? This years is going just like last so far. And in the NHL its No BIG Deal to make the playoffs. At least in most Cities. I guess I come from one of those cities. Its expected. Unless things change I don't see us making it. sorry. Believe what You like. But I believe what I see. We seem to cave at the end of the first period. This is disturbing.

You make the assumption they will recover. its an assumption. Did anyone ever tell you what you do when You assume. You make an ass out u and an ass out of me assume.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
4 years? We did finish out of the Playoffs last year? Right? This years is going just like last so far. And in the NHL its No BIG Deal to make the playoffs. At least in most Cities. I guess I come from one of those cities. Its expected. Unless things change I don't see us making it. sorry. Believe what You like. But I believe what I see. We seem to cave at the end of the first period. This is disturbing.

You make the assumption they will recover. its an assumption. Did anyone ever tell you what you do when You assume. You make an ass out u and an ass out of me assume.

Isn't it equally an assumption that they will NOT recover? All teams except those at the bottom of the league have ups and downs. I really don't see what you are going on about here. The difference is I'm basing my assumption on what this team has done since Tippet has taken over.

And based on the bolded you couldn't possibly have read anything I just wrote. Because that's my point EXACTLY. Last year was just like the 3 previous years except the Coyotes did not have a second half of the season to get hot in.

It's entirely possible the result will play out differently. I've already outlined some possibilities about that. But you really haven't given a reason as to why you don't think the Coyotes will somehow not have that hot February/March they always do under Tippet.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Isn't it equally an assumption that they will NOT recover? All teams except those at the bottom of the league have ups and downs. I really don't see what you are going on about here. The difference is I'm basing my assumption on what this team has done since Tippet has taken over.

And based on the bolded you couldn't possibly have read anything I just wrote. Because that's my point EXACTLY. Last year was just like the 3 previous years except the Coyotes did not have a second half of the season to get hot in.

It's entirely possible the result will play out differently. I've already outlined some possibilities about that. But you really haven't given a reason as to why you don't think the Coyotes will somehow not have that hot February/March they always do under Tippet.

The reason I think this is because of the way they are playing right now. As Mod You have to be a Cheerleader. I don't. I'm a realist. When this team folds like a lawn chair in the 2nd and third period. And Tippett let it happen game after game. I don't see bright things ahead. Just because they did it in the past does not mean they do in the future. Wall St. said the same thing just before the crash in 1929. Of course it will go up. it always goes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad