GDT: Coyotes@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
And no one batted an eye at him getting drilled into the boards..

Dubas hockey 101.

Before they used to at least PRETEND to care, kinda like hold me back but at least exchange a few words.

Now? LOL, they act as if noting happened, it has become the norm and it's accepted throughout the lineup. Maybe few guys who get mad here and there but noting overall.

Reactions: Azazel

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Martin? It's $2.5 million....

And if you talk to Islanders fans, they absolutely love him back.

$2.5M is pretty substantial for a 4th liner, especially when you go out and sign a 37 year old 3rd liner on top of it for $6.25M.

No doubt they do. I liked Martin. But you'll notice we have very different cap situations.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Kappy with a great opportunity there.

We are generating good chances.

Solid moral victory vs bottom feeding Yotes.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I just don’t see why you need to label it as such.

So what do you want to see then? The same team doing the exact same thing every game?

Look at some of the best coached teams in the league. They aren’t afraid to make adjustments when necessary.

There’s nothing wrong with playing your best players together. There are tons of examples around the NHL of teams doing that.
"Hey you've played like complete ass, your compete level leaves a lot to be desired, and you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn so I'm gonna put you up with our franchise center and give you a shit load of minutes. But we're not gonna call it the top line ok?"

As for playing our best players together, Mitch already plays with JT. Willie has played with Auston. Naz has not played like one of our best. So short of splitting Mitch and JT what hasn't he tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad