GDT: Coyotes@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
What hand did Dubas have on any of this so far?
He dramatically overpaid a soft mediocre 20 goal/60 point player at a time where there's only so much cap room to go around with many rfa's looking for contracts, and it's ripped the locker room apart.

Sure, it's not fact. Just a theory. But the timing of when this nonsense started just seems to add up too nicely...

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
I think something is rotten in that dressing room. This team was playing very well when Matthews was injured and Nylander was without a contract. It all changed when Matthews and Nylander came back. Now I am NOT blaming Matthews as he wasn't been the same since the Kronwall hit, we can hold him accountable for his play but something deeper is going on in that dressing room.

It's time for management to have some real talks with our players and to find out what the issues are. While we have our fare share of weaknesses especially on D and lack of heavy forwards, we are NOT this bad. NOT even close.

Dubas and company need to show some leadership here, win or lose, start getting to the root of the problem.

Dubas needs to walk down to the dressing room. And tell Babcock
Matthews marner and Tavares put them together this period
Short shift the bench
4 th line shouldn’t get. A shift (yes they scored)

Reactions: Al14

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
You don't think being put on the top line is a reward?

I just don’t see why you need to label it as such.

So what do you want to see then? The same team doing the exact same thing every game?

Look at some of the best coached teams in the league. They aren’t afraid to make adjustments when necessary.

There’s nothing wrong with playing your best players together. There are tons of examples around the NHL of teams doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad