GDT: Coyotes @ Flames: November 16 at 8pm MT on SN

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Hathaway should have the started the season with the Flames. Brings way more to the table than Bouma at this point.

Ferland was terrific again. Can't see a realistic scenario in which the Flames expose him (or Frolik) in the expansion draft. Play Kulak as a forward for the rest of the season and protect him instead of Brouwer/Shinkaruk.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm fairly optimistic after last two games. Team seems to be getting more comfortable with GG's system.

4th line and especially Hathaway looked really good.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
When I went to bed, it was 1-0 and I fully expected us to get shut out. Nice surprise when I woke up this morning lol.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When I went to bed, it was 1-0 and I fully expected us to get shut out. Nice surprise when I woke up this morning lol.
I had to turn the game off to leave for work the shift before the Flames scored in OT. It was already over by the time that I turned on the radio in the car.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Bennett and Mony looked real good together tonight.

Matthew Tkachukin' one top corner was an unbelievable goal, but because it's the Flames, TSN won't even show it.

if that was one of the Leaf kids, it would be talked about over and over for weeks... and then mid season and then end of year

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary

I was in the same boat. 8 PM start times aren't conducive to getting up at 5 for work.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Was at the game.

Thought Ferland was one of our 3 best forwards after Tkachuk and Frolik.

That hit on Ekman-Larsson... I even felt that one. Wasn't a big hit, but a HARD hit. The kind that makes your shoulders touch each other.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
At times Tkachuck has looked like a puppy running around with wobbly feet... but his energy and determination are his guiding force and glad its paying off in goals.

Kids gonna be a beast one day and already showing signs of it.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hathaway should have the started the season with the Flames. Brings way more to the table than Bouma at this point.

I agree with you. However Ferland doesn't belong on the fourth line with him, he should be on the ice with a sniper like Monahan at all times setting those guys up. So Bouma still has an important spot on this team, in my eyes. I would like to see something like

Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Monahan-Brouwer
Gaudreau-Bennett-(Vey/Hamilton/Shinkaruk, anyone but Chiasson)
Bouma-Stajan-Hathaway

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I agree with you. However Ferland doesn't belong on the fourth line with him, he should be on the ice with a sniper like Monahan at all times setting those guys up. So Bouma still has an important spot on this team, in my eyes. I would like to see something like

Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Monahan-Brouwer
Gaudreau-Bennett-(Vey/Hamilton/Shinkaruk, anyone but Chiasson)
Bouma-Stajan-Hathaway

Sure Bouma has a role on this team, but the way he has played this season and last there are a handful of guys that can play it just as good and not eat away a good chunk of cap. I wouldn't be surprised if Treliving has shopped him or continues to.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's a really interesting idea, actually.
If by interesting, you mean awful. We've struggled defensively so far, so moving one of the few guys that has played well fairly consistently to play forward is extremely counter-productive. Not to mention being a rookie defenseman it would be absolutely terrible for his development.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
If by interesting, you mean awful. We've struggled defensively so far, so moving one of the few guys that has played well fairly consistently to play forward is extremely counter-productive. Not to mention being a rookie defenseman it would be absolutely terrible for his development.

Things can be interesting and awful at the same time. I don't know if I'd call it awful, but I hadn't considered that the league might allow a team to protect a player if he's only been played at forward for a decent chunk of this season (rather than having a longer history of being at forward).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Things can be interesting and awful at the same time. I don't know if I'd call it awful, but I hadn't considered that the league might allow a team to protect a player if he's only been played at forward for a decent chunk of this season (rather than having a longer history of being at forward).
You hadn't considered it because it is an absolutely stupid idea.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Sure Bouma has a role on this team, but the way he has played this season and last there are a handful of guys that can play it just as good and not eat away a good chunk of cap. I wouldn't be surprised if Treliving has shopped him or continues to.

I doubt if anybody would want to take his salary. A 700K player making 2.2M in salary cap world is detrimental

Glad BT learned his lesson and didnt pay Colbourne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad