Confirmed with Link: Coyotes fire AHL coach Ron Rolston

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I've known John my whole life and got watch him regularly in the AHL. To say he was a star there would be a massive understatement. Yet he could not turn it into sustained success at the NHL level?? There were another couple of D men in his Era with same situation, Dempsey and Snell.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Prepare your bodies for Mark Lamb.

Mark Lamb played for DT in Houston and then retired. DT brought him in as an AC in Dallas his first year as HC there. Lamb remained an HC during DT's entire tenure in Dallas. When DT came to AZ, Lamb went back to the WHL (he's yet another Sasky boy) to coach the Swift Current Broncos where he has served as HC/GM for the last seven years. The team has not once made it out of the 1st round in that time, and it might be time for him to get out of town before he gets canned. DT (caring more about relationships than results) might be inclined to throw his old pal a life-line in Tucson. PS - they were also briefly teammates in Philly for the Flyers.

So I'm going to say it will definitely be Mark Lamb. And Les Jackson will be the AGM who manages the Tucson team. The band will be fully back together with DT, Lamb, and Les Jackson

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Also, you might get Lamb to agree on the condition that Les Jackson is his GM and you might get Les Jackson to agree if you tell him you can get Lamb. Being the HC of an AHL affiliate of the NHL team votes as having the best overall prospect pool isn't the worst idea if you have designs on becoming an NHL HC some day.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Prepare your bodies for Mark Lamb.

To an extent, I'm not sure it matters who it is. We know they run the same system in both the A and the NHL. I think it's mostly a matter of putting effort into the product and hopefully now that they own it they will do so.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Chayka said it and Morgan reported it:

“It was a tough decision, but it really came down to a commitment from our ownership group and ourselves to ensure we have a fully integrated group from top to bottom,” Chayka said.

Chayka said the hockey operations department would look outside the organization for new coaches.

“We want a staff that is tight-knit and will work very closely with the NHL staff,” he said.

http://arizonasports.com/story/669216/yotes-notes-doan-coyotes-eyeing-one-year-deal/

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Also, you might get Lamb to agree on the condition that Les Jackson is his GM and you might get Les Jackson to agree if you tell him you can get Lamb. Being the HC of an AHL affiliate of the NHL team votes as having the best overall prospect pool isn't the worst idea if you have designs on becoming an NHL HC some day.

I wouldn't rule out Rick Wilson, who was recently fired by the Wild. He was the other assistant coach in Dallas, so there is a Tipp connection there. He also coached Tippett way back in his Prince Albert SJHL days.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Brad Shaw out as associate coach in St. Louis. Former Hartford teammate of Tippett. Add his name to the list for potential Tucson coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad