Confirmed with Link: Coyotes fire AHL coach Ron Rolston

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The story last year was that Tippett wanted John Slaney for the AHL job. He ended up taking the "eye in the sky" coaching job with the Coyotes. Maybe we see him take the Tucson job this year.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The story last year was that Tippett wanted John Slaney for the AHL job. He ended up taking the "eye in the sky" coaching job with the Coyotes. Maybe we see him take the Tucson job this year.

I think this is the safe bet. This will just further cement Tippett is the real GM discussion

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Any minor league coaches outside of the organization that are worth consideration?

Would Mike Yeo (played for Tipp in Houston) be interested in an AHL head coaching gig? Missed out on the Ottawa job and his name hasn't really been mentioned for any other openings.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Not surprising considering he was a hire from the Maloney/Regier regime.

Can anyone think of somebody, who's qualified to coach in the AHL, and friends with Tippett? If not, which one of Tippett's unqualified friends do you think will be hired?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Not surprising considering he was a hire from the Maloney/Regier regime.

Can anyone think of somebody, who's qualified to coach in the AHL, and friends with Tippett? If not, which one of Tippett's unqualified friends do you think will be hired?
Dave Moss.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

KG

Sep 23, 2010
If there's one piece of good news this offseason, this is it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I wonder how Tippet and Slaney ever got together as John the player would not have been a guy Tipp liked.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Always puzzled me that Slaney could not translate how good he was in AHL to make a better NHL career.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
It is so hard to project players development. There are so many factors. Look at the Coyotes roster. A few years ago the team was the envy of the league for its' amazing defensive prospect depth. That went well for us.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Hidden at the end of this article is an intimation that the Coyotes have already hired a staff for Tucson:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...yotes-take-new-approach-nhl-combine/84873384/

They may already have an AGM pick (I'm guessing) on a verbal contract since some of the available candidates had served as GMs for AHL teams in their previous positions. Of course, this may be DT's doing as well (getting coaching staff in place for the AHL team).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad